By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Poland

Ethan

I was over in Poznan for the Croatia game and then up to Gdansk for the Spain game

Although the matches were s*** I didn't give a damn - the people of Poland made the experience a fantastic one.

I went there knowing little about the country - I was slightly apprehensive about what I was going to find and what the people would be like.

I was completely blown away by the hospitality shown to the fans by the people of Poznan and Gdansk - they could not do enough for you - if they didn't understand you they would call an english speaking friend on their mobiles and ask them to help you - I had a girl get off the bus she was travelling and show us to our hotel and she wouldn't accept anything for her time. Absolutely brilliant people.

Poznan's old square is a place I will remember til the day I die - the craic was unreal - we mingled with Croatians, Poles, English, Germans, Dutch and Italians and drank the place dry - the beer was spot on and the cost was next to nothing - we got 5 0.5L glasses of Carlsberg draught for 35 zlotty which is about 5 quid in Sterling - food was fantastic and cheap also. This is even without getting to how fine the women were in that city!

I will definitely go back and visit Poznan and Sopot again and recommend it to anyone who wants a weekend on cheap ale.

Was in Chorzow to see Linkin Park and Pearl Jam a few years ago, and the people were there fantastic.

Except the taxi drivers - maddest bunch of b******s I've ever ridden with, and I've taken a tuk-tuk round Bangkok

I was over in Poznan for the Croatia game and then up to Gdansk for the Spain game

Although the matches were s*** I didn't give a damn - the people of Poland made the experience a fantastic one.

I went there knowing little about the country - I was slightly apprehensive about what I was going to find and what the people would be like.

I was completely blown away by the hospitality shown to the fans by the people of Poznan and Gdansk - they could not do enough for you - if they didn't understand you they would call an english speaking friend on their mobiles and ask them to help you - I had a girl get off the bus she was travelling and show us to our hotel and she wouldn't accept anything for her time. Absolutely brilliant people.

Poznan's old square is a place I will remember til the day I die - the craic was unreal - we mingled with Croatians, Poles, English, Germans, Dutch and Italians and drank the place dry - the beer was spot on and the cost was next to nothing - we got 5 0.5L glasses of Carlsberg draught for 35 zlotty which is about 5 quid in Sterling - food was fantastic and cheap also. This is even without getting to how fine the women were in that city!

I will definitely go back and visit Poznan and Sopot again and recommend it to anyone who wants a weekend on cheap ale.

I went to Poznan for a Christmas party once. That good I nearly missed my flight home the next day. I ended up in some nightclub that was at the top of what looked like a s***ty old block of flats. It was f***en great.

Went to Krakow, agree with everything said about the Poles by the OP, really welcoming friendly people. Saw the mancs get stuffed by barcelona in the CL final, seemed like every bar around the square cheered when the goals went in.

I've always had a downer on Poland due to their rampant anti-semitism down the years....although they're not the only ones and I know some sound Poles around here

so I guess they've changed their ways now apart from a few backward footy-hooligans?

fine, I'll go for a mini-break soon

I've always had a downer on Poland due to their rampant anti-semitism down the years....although they're not the only ones and I know some sound Poles around here

so I guess they've changed their ways now apart from a few backward footy-hooligans?

fine, I'll go for a mini-break soon

There's highly visible little gaggles of your sort doing their own tourist thing so I think the locals are well aware of what they are doing there.

Been to Krakow, Warsaw and Lodz a few times since 99, and saw them about in each.

Was in Chorzow to see Linkin Park and Pearl Jam a few years ago, and the people were there fantastic.

Except the taxi drivers - maddest bunch of b******s I've ever ridden with, and I've taken a tuk-tuk round Bangkok

Dirty bugger

Been to Krakow and Wroclaw, really enjoyed both Molb.

There's highly visible little gaggles of your sort doing their own tourist thing so I think the locals are well aware of what they are doing there.

Been to Krakow, Warsaw and Lodz a few times since 99, and saw them about in each.

yeah I'd expect that

I actually lived in Munich in 1988-89 so I guess my logic is err.... illogical

I have polish tenants in one of my rental places they are sound as a pound particularly the families that have come over. Some of the young lads can be dicks but put that down to youth and exuberance.

My mum is from Torun in Poland and only moved here at 20 to settle down with my English dad. She was one of eight so I have lots of family there and they are tremendous people.

I am very proud of my Polish heritage - they have always been my second international team and I grew up when Boniek was one of the stars of the game.

It's a brilliant place to visit now, but wasn't so much under communist rule! My dad likes telling the story of when he and my mum were visiting his in laws and the Russian tanks were massing at the border,

'Don't worry' my Polish nan said - your Ford Granada will outrun tank'. They are a very brave, direct, honest, hard working and straight talking people who have had a tough ride over the years under the communists.