By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

I should really have said no......

libero

Sister in law has invited me and the wife to join her and her man at This as a treat for my wifes birthday.

Me being the good husband I am said " its entirely up to you if we go, but I dont fancy it".... stupid boy pike, should have said what I first thought "that will be shining bright am no going to watch that pish!!!"

The feckin 80's was bad enough without having to go and listen to some of the dross that is playing.

Might just have to sit it the tent and get baked.

The things you do to keep in the good books :( :(

Sister in law has invited me and the wife to join her and her man at This as a treat for my wifes birthday.

Me being the good husband I am said " its entirely up to you if we go, but I dont fancy it".... stupid boy pike, should have said what I first thought "that will be shining bright am no going to watch that pish!!!"

The feckin 80's was bad enough without having to go and listen to some of the dross that is playing.

could be worse, you could have agreed to help your wife host a baby shower at your house on Friday afternoon and evening, you could have agreed to sort out all the food as she is at work most of the day, and, take about 10 kids to see a movie (probably Madagascar 3) while the mothers have their little get together.

i'll swap you for the rewind festival. we went to one of these a few years back in Arizona. it was OK until Tony Hadley got up to sing, he was bad, even Rick Astley was better. :ohmy:

just hope for dry weather.

could be worse, you could have agreed to help your wife host a baby shower at your house on Friday afternoon and evening, you could have agreed to sort out all the food as she is at work most of the day, and, take about 10 kids to see a movie (probably Madagascar 3) while the mothers have their little get together.

i'll swap you for the rewind festival. we went to one of these a few years back in Arizona. it was OK until Tony Hadley got up to sing, he was bad, even Rick Astley was better. :ohmy:

just hope for dry weather.

In Scotland, in the summer your having a laugh arnt you!!!

baby shower??? Point & laugh, point & laugh :lol: :lol:

In Scotland, in the summer your having a laugh arnt you!!!

baby shower??? Point & laugh, point & laugh :lol: :lol:

when you are recovering from the contagion that will be rampant at a wet, Scottish summer concert, you'll be wishing you'd organized a baby shower.

the best part is I got told on Monday, the original hostess dropped out because her husband was caught having an affair with a neighbor.

At least Grandmaster Flash will be good

At least Grandmaster Flash will be good

No doubt he will but he is playing Henley and not Scone!!!

It was pointed out to me today by a workmate that its the same weekend as the British Open.... suicide.gif

Well, the baby shower went off without a hitch at the house, the women ate all the food, drank all the wine and most of my really good coffee. They also cleaned up as well which was a big surprise.

The movie thing with the kids was horrible. 2 dads, 2 minivans and 9 kids.

Every kid except mine must have had a bladder the size of a peanut. Every 5-10 minutes, some little snot had to go "potty" (I really f***ing hate that phrase, even worse when parents use it) and to cap the night, one little lady decided to puke up in the ladies bathroom, whilst I was waiting outside the entrance. The other dad was a complete waste of space, god knows how he functions at a job and at home.

I must have seen about 20 minutes of the movie.

NEVER AGAIN.

Well, the baby shower went off without a hitch at the house, the women ate all the food, drank all the wine and most of my really good coffee. They also cleaned up as well which was a big surprise.

Every kid except mine must have had a bladder the size of a peanut. Every 5-10 minutes, some little snot had to go "potty" (I really f***ing hate that phrase, even worse when parents use it) and to cap the night, one little lady decided to puke up in the ladies bathroom, whilst I was waiting outside the entrance. The other dad was a complete waste of space, god knows how he functions at a job and at home.

NEVER AGAIN.

:lol: :lol:

You will be rewarded handsomly no doubt??

Well, the baby shower went off without a hitch at the house, the women ate all the food, drank all the wine and most of my really good coffee. They also cleaned up..

Dont know why that is funny, but :lol: :lol:

NEVER AGAIN.

:lol:

Happy Fathers day, brother.

Edited by carrafan

• 5 weeks later...

Well my hope that the biblical weather would scupper this fectival seems to have been in vain..

We leave on Friday for a whole weekend of fun and frolics.... :banghead: :banghead:

Can't fault Heather Small or Five Star.

Which Adam Ant will show up?

My sympathies at this difficult time.

Did Katrina need to flag she was ex-of the Waves?

I believe that it is just the Waves, i.e. excluding Katrina

Not Katrina just The Waves

is how I would have advertised it.

It's a f***ing grim lineup