By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Car insurance dispute

Hieronymus Bosch

Some plonker rammed into our car the other day. My other half and the kids were driving along a main road and they (there were two of them) pulled out of a drive, clearly without looking.

It was clearly their fault (the damage to our car, I would have assumed, indicates this) and they apologised afterwards (though there were no independent witnesses, who stopped at least). However, they are now contesting liability, God knows on what grounds.

Does anyone know what happens next? Do the insurance companies usually reach a decision themselves based on the respective statements? Does it go straight to arbitration? Does it often go to court? Will the fact that we had the right of way count for much if the two of them make up a c**k-and-bull story (can't think what they could say, to be honest, but they've obviously got something up their sleeve).

Cheers all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The insurers will be in touch with each other and see if liability is clearly established, based on the facts. If not it might end up in Court, but the insurers will usually try to avoid it.

If it's as clear as you make out, I can't see it being a problem. If you need to know what the process is, just ask your own insurer's claims dept.

You may well find that these c***s are trying to claim whiplash to get a few grand out of it. This is a fairly common fraud, and adds a lot of money to premiums.

The same happened to me mate. I drew a diagram and sent it to the insurance company.

I was on the main road, I had right of way and the road I was travelling down had speed cameras so I wasn't speeding. Van driver in a rush pulled out of side road and drove into the side of me.

Talk to your insurance company, find out on what grounds they are disputing liability.

I think you'll be ok.

It might actually be their insurance company that is debating it, I think they do it as a matter of course as a delaying tactic. Happened with us even though the person involved drove into the back of us while we were stationary with brake lights on and had admitted liability. They didn't get anywhere.

It might actually be their insurance company that is debating it, I think they do it as a matter of course as a delaying tactic. Happened with us even though the person involved drove into the back of us while we were stationary with brake lights on and had admitted liability. They didn't get anywhere.

correct

Does anyone know what happens next?

In the crash I was in the other week when a car slammed into the side of the taxi I was in and sent us all over Parma's main drag what happened next was the other driver climbed out of his write-off and ran away dead fast.

In the crash I was in the other week when a car slammed into the side of the taxi I was in and sent us all over Parma's main drag what happened next was the other driver climbed out of his write-off and ran away dead fast.

:lol:

I'm pretty sure that will work out for him.

Three years ago some f*cking bint rammed my car, I was ON the roundabout and she drove straight into me, if I hadn't seen her out of the corner of my eye and swerved she'd have took the full brunt of an E Class in her flimsy little Clio which was full of kids. I was pissed off but also concerned the kids were OK. Everybody was fine, she apologised and gave me her name address and phone number, she lived in Bradford and had 3 or 4 names.

I claimed, they couldn't track the car or her insurance, the police got involved and sent a few bobbies around various addresses (allegedly) before giving up and formally informing me that they didn't have time. So Direct Line who sell their products on their promise that if you're hit by an uniunsured driver it won't affect your NCD hit me with the bombshell.

'As the driver can't be traced, as the name and address are bogus and she and/or the car doesn't appear on the insurance data base you have to prove she was uninsured. What a bunch of wriggling conniving c*nts they are, that's little short of criminality in my book, I got caught for a £500 excess and have a claim on my records.

So my advice is this. If ANYBODY hits me in a car and causes more than £50 worth of damage I'm claiming a bad neck and calling the police. Not for the whiplash or a claim but to ensure the old bill turn up and everything is recorded.

I also heartily recommend people avoid Direct Line.

I'm pretty sure that will work out for him.

I agree and so did the Italian police who came along to have a good look and then drove off, and when the traffic police appeared half an hour later they seemed sure that it was an open and shut case of someone crashing headlong into a taxi and then absconding as well. The taxi driver went off in an ambulance half an hour later still, clutching his ribs and gesturing about his beautiful taxi being ruined and I was offered a lift to wherever I wanted to go by the only one out of several dozen onlookers who spoke any english. He made the remaining five minute journey memorable by wanting to discuss his feelings concerning the works of Orchestral Manouevres In The Dark and Gary Numan. He liked Numan a lot, was what I learned.

I can't help feeling I missed a trick somewhere.

Edited by smithdown

I agree and so did the Italian police who came along to have a good look and then drove off, and when the traffic police appeared half an hour later they seemed sure that it was an open and shut case of someone crashing headlong into a taxi and then absconding as well. The taxi driver went off in an ambulance half an hour later still, clutching his ribs and gesturing about his beautiful taxi being ruined and I was offered a lift to wherever I wanted to go by the only one out of several dozen onlookers who spoke any english. He made the remaining five minute journey memorable by wanting to discuss his feelings concerning the works of Orchestral Manouevres In The Dark and Gary Numan. He liked Numan a lot, was what I learned.

I needed to be at this incident

for all sorts of reasons

I needed to be at this incident

for all sorts of reasons

I've got his number if you want it. I've no use for it.

Told him Andy McCluskey has got his studio by ours and he thought that was feckin brilliant news.

He sounds like a top guy to me.

Eh?

Some f*cking long winded Arabic thingy name, f*ck knows, she made it up anyway but it was guaranteed to muddy the waters.

Gotta praise Murph for shoehorning the fact he drives a Merc in there

Mercedes Murph.

Shame it's 6 years old, recession hit me right between the eyes.

F*ck off Purslow/Ayre.

Some silly bunt drove into the back of me at a roundabout today. I could see her bombing down the road behind me, but I still reached the roundabout and stopped for the approaching traffic with a good gap, behind me, yet she still slammed into the back of me. I wasn't bothered about the car as it it's a company one, but my Mrs Bushy Moustache is 39 weeks pregnant and was sat in the passenger seat. The silly cow who hit us didn't even ask how she was, and just said your car looks alright, do you still want my details?

She was do stupid that she gave me all of her details but didn't take mine, even though I asked her 3 times to make a note.

Three years ago some f*cking bint rammed my car, I was ON the roundabout and she drove straight into me, if I hadn't seen her out of the corner of my eye and swerved she'd have took the full brunt of an E Class in her flimsy little Clio which was full of kids. I was pissed off but also concerned the kids were OK. Everybody was fine, she apologised and gave me her name address and phone number, she lived in Bradford and had 3 or 4 names.

I claimed, they couldn't track the car or her insurance, the police got involved and sent a few bobbies around various addresses (allegedly) before giving up and formally informing me that they didn't have time. So Direct Line who sell their products on their promise that if you're hit by an uniunsured driver it won't affect your NCD hit me with the bombshell.

'As the driver can't be traced, as the name and address are bogus and she and/or the car doesn't appear on the insurance data base you have to prove she was uninsured. What a bunch of wriggling conniving c*nts they are, that's little short of criminality in my book, I got caught for a £500 excess and have a claim on my records.

So my advice is this. If ANYBODY hits me in a car and causes more than £50 worth of damage I'm claiming a bad neck and calling the police. Not for the whiplash or a claim but to ensure the old bill turn up and everything is recorded.

I also heartily recommend people avoid Direct Line.

I suspect that little of this is true.

Except the bit about Murph admitting to fraud 'because it's the only way the police would turn up'.