By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Greetings

Nebraska Red

back again, this time from Maui. If you get the chance, get over here, this place is beautiful.

lots to do and see, or you can relax on some of thecworld's best beaches.

bring lots of money, nothing is reasonably priced by US standards, but Brits might find prices to be about the same as the UK.

Tomorrow we are off to the Big Island.

Edited by Nebraska Red

But what's the weather like?

superb down at the beach, rains like hell up on the rain forest side, cold and windy at the top of Haleakala.

we watched the sunset at the beach last night, very romantic.

also saw a cool Hawaiian show at one of the posh, expensive hotels. the guys doing the Hawaiian Haka were great.

more weather updates from The Big Island later in the week. :bleh:

Edited by Nebraska Red

Where you staying? Really enjoyed Maui, but for the speeding ticket I got in a rented PT Cruiser of all damn things. I missed the 2006 cup final in Maui

Who won?? Maui Rovers or Maui United?

Think I saw a review of that before the game but forgot to check the result!!!

Where you staying? Really enjoyed Maui, but for the speeding ticket I got in a rented PT Cruiser of all damn things. I missed the 2006 cup final in Maui

We stayed north of Kaanapaali in Lahaina, The resort was Pohailani Maui, we rented a condo. Not much chance of speeding as there were police all over the place , plus some roadworks to slow you down.

Right now I am on the lanai of an oceanfront condo in Kailua Kona on The Big Island.

The view is just amazing, sun going down as we watch the waves gently crash on a rocky beach below.

The weather is perfect, nice and warm and not too windy.

Got some local beer for later this evening.

Edited by Nebraska Red

Get away from the internet, NR !

it's 9.25pm on Saturday on the Big Island of Hawaii.

today, we did a tour of the island on a coach. what a joy to be chauffeur driven for a change.

saw the volcanoes, a steaming crater, a lava tube, a coffee plantation and deep sea turtles out on a beach just lying there in the sun.

we went to watch another sunset and got invited to a massive party with a group of Hispanics having a baptism party. too much beer and way too much tequila.

had a good chat with some of the guys who are very worried about jobs as the economy in the Islands has been hit hard in the last few years.

hoping for a relaxing day on the beach tomorrow, after a much needed lie in.

well it was a relaxing day at the beach. Kahalu'u Beach Park just outside of Kailua -Kona. Black sand beach with surfing and snorkelling.

got there early, before 8am, to secure a nice spot and get in some snorkelling before the waters got churned up by the later arrivals.

so many fantastic fish just yards from the becah and loads of turtles swimming with us and lounging on the rocks.

we saw angel fish, yellow tang, trigger fish, parrot fish, rainbow fish, butter fly fish and many others.

the favorite was the Humuhumu nukunuku apuaa, the state fish of Hawaii and a fiercely protected fish.

our eldest got a bad dose of sunburn as he went off with some locals and did not take enough sunscreen, so he's in some pain and covered in aloe vera.

off to Kauai tomorrow for another 7 days of living in paradise.

Be careful, I have seen Hawaii Five-O and tourists like you always seem to end up dead

not going near honolulu.

Kona is so safe, people still leave doors unlocked for neighbors and friends.

we are in a condo and there are 2 other units, not occupied, the owner told us to borrow anything we needed from the other 2 units, as long as we put it back or replaced it later.

ity would be a great place to live, other than milk being $6 a gallon, gasoline is $5 a gallon etc.

Aloha , this time from Kauai, the Garden Isle.

Today, we did a 90 minute plane tour of the island in a little 6 seater plane.

I have never been so f***ing scared in my life. When we hit turbulence over the 4500 foot high canyon, all I wanted to do was jump out the door to my left.

My wife and kids loved every minute.

When we landed, the pilot came over and asked me if I was OK , I could hardly speak to him.

The afternoon drinking beer by the pool was great.

No more little planes EVER.

well then, after a couple of late nights, we are back early after a day at the beach and a sunset dinner cruise.

today, we hit Poipu Beach. What a beautiful place, super scenery, world class golf courses and beaches to die for.

in the afternoon we headed out on a sunset dinner cruise to Napili Point, the scenery from the ocean is awesome and the sunset was breathtaking.

got some great pics of the kids doing the Titanic thing at the front of the boat.

Kauai is probably the most scenic of all the islands and definitely one we are coming back to.

Last day today before we start back home tomorrow.

Yesterday was spent on the North Shore and I have decided that Tunnels beach is the 2nd best beach I have ever seen, Poipu beach park is the best.

Today, we went back to Poipu beach and had another great day. We watched a paddle board race, an outrigger canoe race and the end of a 10 mile race for the 6 man canoes.

The party on the beach afterwards was great, music, food, dancing and so many friendly people.

It will feel like s*** to go back home tomorrow night.

I fancy retiring here if given the chance.

Been back a few days and I am almost back in sync.

Too bloody hot here in Omaha.

For those who have not been, you have to get to the Hawaiian islands at some time.

Each of the 3 islands we visited are so different.

Maui is the classier of the islands, lots of fancy hotels/resorts, tons of good restaurants and loads of golf courses.Tons of things to see and do.

The Big Island is much more quieter than Maui and has los of "dead" areas covered with lava. It's very similar to Lanzarote. It has fabulous snorkelling areas, great deep sea fishing and an active volcano.

Kauai is greener than the other 2 and has fabulous beaches together with superb views of mountains and it has the Grand Canyon of the Pacific at Waimea.

For American residents, it is pretty expensive, but for Brits it wil be priced similar to the UK.

I had the biggest tear of my life in Oahu with a bloke named John Wilbur, a friend of Hunter S. Thompson. It was the night of me catching the midnight flight to Los Angeles. God knows how many pints of Guinness, hits on the hash pipe, and a multitude of other drugs and stimulants. It's a wonder I didn't die.

I had the biggest tear of my life in Oahu with a bloke named John Wilbur, a friend of Hunter S. Thompson. It was the night of me catching the midnight flight to Los Angeles. God knows how many pints of Guinness, hits on the hash pipe, and a multitude of other drugs and stimulants. It's a wonder I didn't die.

I had one of my longest drinking sessions on the Big Island. I met up with some Mexican guys at a baptism party, so many beers and shots of tequila, good job i could walk back to the condo at about 4am. They were really interested in hearing about Nebraska as a few of them had relatives working here.

I chickened out when they were passing round the marajuana.

Those late night flights suck, you are on the plane for only 5- 6 hours, not long enough to get a decent sleep, but it certainly makes you feel like crap during the layover between flights. Our 14 yo was so tired and cranky he had a near meltdown in Phoenix airport, especially when his phone battery died.