By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Are you vegetarian?

baja the hut

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've never really understood the point. genuinely couldn't imagine living without bacon and sausages and the occasional steak or burger. actually see also chicken and other varieties of pork. i reckon i could give up lamb though.

My wife is.

It's a pain in the a*se.

Same here, since she was 13. my youngest daughter is also just about there too.

I had a bash at it 20 years ago when I started seeing a bird who was veggy, it was tedious as f***. Kicked her into touch and broke my fast in Australia with a kangaroo steak.

My mrs is just a fussy eater just chicken and lamb and it has to be lamb shank she won't eat mince chops steaks ... Basicly does my nut when we go somewhere to eat!

When we got together she only ate chicken!

My wife is.

It's a pain in the a*se.

same here

it's not too bad in the house and I like a lot of veggie food

but trying to eat out is a pain in the a***

no matter how good the restaurant if it does not have decent veggie options we can't go

Think its easier to be a vegetarian if you come from an indian background, Baja where there is so much variety of delicious food one can have. I myself was one till I was 18. And it has little or nothing to do with being on a diet. :D I've been fat since I was 15.

In the U.S. though (similar to the UK, I'd assume), good vegetarian options are hard to come by and one can't really live on salads, soups, pasta and veggie burgers. Started eating red meat only after I came here and I eat everything now as it increases my options in having a good meal. Only cook vegetarian at home though.

Edited by carrafan

If, as it looks more and more feasible, meat can be grown genetically on a worldwide scale, would that negate the argument of "Meat Is Murder"?

I'd say so. Though my wife probably would never go back to eating meat now on account of her being off it so long, she can't really digest it anymore. But for her and me, the main reason for being off meat is down to the treatment of animals - it is a case of wanting to distance ourselves from the objectifying of animals, we want to try to treat all life with some respect at least, even life in the form of an Everton supporter (well, I wouldn't eat one). But we're also not nazis about it and will cook meat (badly) for neolithic guests who can't stop complaining about their Canines (Brains, Appendix etc) being underused.

A man walks in to a bar and there are two slabs of meat hanging from the ceiling, so he asks the barman what the crack is with that.

The barman says "It's a competition. If you can jump and touch both pieces of meat at the same time, you get free pints all night. But if you fail, you have to buy the whole bar drinks all night. Do you want to try?"

The bloke says "No thanks. The steaks are too high."

Has anyone seen my coat?