By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

well that's a grim story - 9 scumbags guilty

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

You've largely missed my point Hass and don't take this personally.

I don't even know who Ched Evans is much less defend him.

There is no white christian community in this country. anybody trying to organise on the basis of being white and christian would be tarred a racist

there is no such thing as Muslim community either

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point is: Why is it a cultural problem when the lowlifes are immigrants and an individual problem when they're not?

I don't think of them as immigrants. And it's a cultural problem (possibly/could be) in this case as the perpetrators and victims are exclusively from different cultures. People are wary of broaching this because they're afraid people might take offence or because it's not the thing to do on here.

Even English Muslim women?

English Muslim women generally speaking don't put out like English girls, we're back to culture and perception again.

What's this got to do with muslims or Islam?

It's got nothing to do with Islam. All of those found guilty were Muslims, all the girls white English, surely we can discuss this without having an agenda?

It's got nothing to do with Islam. All of those found guilty were Muslims, all the girls white English, surely we can discuss this without having an agenda?

Having regard to their actions, doubt any of them were practising muslims.

what religion were the girls?

No idea, almost certainly atheist i'd have thought, but you've illustrated perfectly how you've missed the point and immediately gone on the defensive.This has nothing whatsoever to do with religion Christianity or Islam and everything (possibly) to do with culture and upbringing. Outsiders always thought the troubles in Ireland were about religion when it actually had feck all to do with the hatred from both sides, being on one side or the other was a badge, they had disdain for each other, look at celtic and rangers for example, do you think that's really about religion, despite them singing about Fenian blood and Bobby Sands?.

Having regard to their actions, doubt any of them were practising muslims.

I'd be amazed if they were. If everybody actually lived according to the good book(s) the world would be wonderful, these are scum.

f***'s sake murph, what kind of field research have you been up to?

I live near Slough, the tapestry of multi culturalism is ther in front of you every day. You rarely see Muslim girls in mini skirts and low cut tops falling about pissed.

I live near Slough, the tapestry of multi culturalism is ther in front of you every day. You rarely see Muslim girls in mini skirts and low cut tops falling about pissed.

how do you know which girls are muslims?

ah, i see. thanks for clarifying that judge pickles.

No idea, almost certainly atheist i'd have thought, but you've illustrated perfectly how you've missed the point and immediately gone on the defensive.This has nothing whatsoever to do with religion Christianity or Islam and everything (possibly) to do with culture and upbringing. Outsiders always thought the troubles in Ireland were about religion when it actually had feck all to do with the hatred from both sides, being on one side or the other was a badge, they had disdain for each other, look at celtic and rangers for example, do you think that's really about religion, despite them singing about Fenian blood and Bobby Sands?.

so why bring the fact that they are muslim into it at all? (this is not just you btw)

so why bring the fact that they are muslim into it at all? (this is not just you btw)

The bits I have read/heard don't mention Islam but are focussing on the Pakistani background of those charged in this case (plus 1 Afghan) and a couple of others. A white man introduced one of the girls involved in this particular case to the group convicted.

what about this Barnardo's fella?

he says it's overwhelmingly a Pakistani/Afhgan thing

what does that mean? how many incidents, what guesstimates about unreported incidents? and what origin were the perps?

say there were 50 incidents and half were perpetrated by people of Pakistani origin....then I'd say that should influence the way we go about trying to stop it

Grooming refers to racially motivated sexual exploitation. The UK Sikh community has been concerned about this issue since the early 1990s, however the issue has only recently been acknowledged by the mainstream media and some politicians.

On Saturday 11th February, Sikh Channel aired a documentary by the Sikh Awareness Society (SAS) that highlights the grooming of one vulnerable Sikh girl.

Being bought up by educated British born Sikh parents, the child was just 12 years old when she became a target of sexual exploitation by adults.

The interview follows the family's journey from a happy household to a real life horror story. It exposes loop-holes in social services, police and schools who all collectively failed to protect this child. It uncovers the highly sophisticated methods of grooming and entrapment employed by paedophiles working in organised networks across cities.The Sikh Awareness Society (SAS) was established in 1998 amongst growing concerns of the 'grooming' of our youth.

In Britain today Sikh youth are still actively targeted on the basis of their religion and history. This historically linked hate-crime causes much emotional distress to the families involved with the majority of these cases ending up in abuse. Under common Punjabi mentality, these issues are still considered 'taboo' and are rarely addressed by the Gurdwara Sahibs and Sikh community leaders.

Therefore the victims of this hate-crime tend to suffer in silence.

The SAS was set up to deal with these issues.To get in touch with SAS or for more information:Website: www.sasorg.co.ukEmail: sas.helpline@googlemail.comSome related links:

BBC News: Derby sex gang convicted of grooming and abusing girls (24/11/10)

BBC News: Five charged over abuse inquiry (20/12/06)

BBC News: Group targets grooming of girls (5/12/07)

Daily Mail: Top detective blasts 'culture of silence' that allows Asian sex gangs to groom white girls… because police and social services fear being branded racist (5/01/11)

Sarabha Panjab: Panjabi Girls Groomed for Sex! (26/03/07)

BBC News: Jack Straw: Some white girls are 'easy meat' for abuse (8/01/11)

http://www.sikh24.co...l/#.T6tfQes7Vg0

The Independent, June 24 1989, Saturday

Sikh girls 'used as sex slaves'

GANGS OF Muslim men toured daytime discotheques kidnappingSikh girls to use as sex slaves, a court was told yesterday.

The jury at the trial of 13 Sikh men at Birmingham CrownCourt heard claims that one gang forced girls into prostitution and blackmailedtheir parents.

The Sikhs were said to be members of the Shere Punjab, avigilante gang, who were arrested - armed with sticks and bottles - while ontheir way to confront the rival Muslim gang, the Aston Panthers, in Handsworth,Birmingham, last June.

Gurmek Singh Chahal, 20, told the court the Panthers usedIndian girls for sex and prostitution. 'The Shere Punjab was formed to stop theintimidation of our society by the Muslim society.'

Chahal and two other men were each given a two-yearconditional discharge for using threatening behaviour. Similar sentences hadearlier been passed on eight others who had pleaded guilty. Another two werecleared.

Edited by Redray

how do you know which girls are muslims?

The head gear normally although obviously not all Muslim women wear the Jihab (sp)I know.

Because the claim was it's an Asian problem whilst ALL of the men were Muslims of Pakistani origin.

ah, i see. thanks for clarifying that judge pickles.

:lol: