By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Stupid banks

jimbolala

Over the weekend i had a few minor blips trying to buy stuff online. I thought it was because i was using my debit card and they wanted a visa card. Then today , i go to use paypal and it isnt working either. So i phoned my bank and they said that my card had been restricted due to a worry that my card had been compromised.

Now at what point was the bank going to tell me this, i had to phone up and find this information out. Surely it would have been sensible for them to contact me and mention this. Bloody idiots

Over the weekend i had a few minor blips trying to buy stuff online. I thought it was because i was using my debit card and they wanted a visa card. Then today , i go to use paypal and it isnt working either. So i phoned my bank and they said that my card had been restricted due to a worry that my card had been compromised.

Now at what point was the bank going to tell me this, i had to phone up and find this information out. Surely it would have been sensible for them to contact me and mention this. Bloody idiots

Happened to me twice last year :(

I rang my credit card company to let them know I was going to Chicago so they wouldn't need to worry if they saw unusual transactions on my card.

Oh that's ok they said when we block a purchase you just need to call us and we will accept it.

Yes but that's why I'm ringing you now, so you can make a note on my file so I won't need to go to the expense of calling you from America.

Well no you just need to call us when you are making a purchase.

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh. Click

Edited by Billy Dane

I forgot to tell the bank was going to Dubai once and the t***s stopped my card.

I was then told there was a branch in Bur Dubai. I went there and it was semi-built and not open. I explained to the fella what was happening and he said come in and use the phone. It was only after about three attempts that he told me the phone only worked to call within the UAE. Was f***ing fuming

So to move the story on, this lovely bank ordered me a new card, which was good. However, they completley stopped my other one, which i only found out after having the card refused at the supermarket. I went into the branch today to get money out and nearly lost it, when they said i couldnt get money as my cardhad been stopped. Luckily someone heard the story i was telling and took me to anoffice to sort it all out. Now the new card has arrived. Yippee