By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

We Picked Up A New Car Today

Nebraska Red

you're a mean lot aren't you.

congrats on the new car NR :)

Thanks Surf.

It's a 2nd car that will get better mileage than the Bentley minivan (aka Town and Country) around town and the 3 giant males in our household can ride in comfort. I can actualy drive it without having my head touching the roof.

and Ibby, there's nothing tinny about it. :bleh: :bleh:

ok I've got an old banger too

I use it for trips to the country, going the tip, away trips with designated driver and a load o' lads swigging tinnies - or if I can't remember where I've left any of my other cars

it's a Toyota Landcruiser Prado

1990, yes 1990!

I've crashed it loads and it doesn't matter....

Edited by Molby

ok I've got an old banger too

I use it for trips to the country, going the tip, away trips with designated driver and a load o' lads swigging tinnies - or if I can't remember where I've left any of my other cars

it's a Toyota Landcruiser Prado

1990, yes 1990!

I've crashed it loads and it doesn't matter....

The thing is that back in the day was a top car and the build quality of those things is testament to the fact you are still mucking about in one. The equivalent nowadays would probably set you back £60k+ so you are in prestige car territory.

There is a reason why Kia offer 7 year warranties with their cars. You f***ibg well probably need it.

The thing is that back in the day was a top car and the build quality of those things is testament to the fact you are still mucking about in one. The equivalent nowadays would probably set you back £60k+ so you are in prestige car territory.

There is a reason why Kia offer 7 year warranties with their cars. You f***ibg well probably need it.

It's true - unbelievably reliable

That makes no sense. If Kia's were incredibly unreliable then giving 7 years warranty would be ruinously expensive for them. Kia's generally have good reliability on the whole.

That car NR is getting looks well dull mind.

That makes no sense. If Kia's were incredibly unreliable then giving 7 years warranty would be ruinously expensive for them. Kia's generally have good reliability on the whole.

That car NR is getting looks well dull mind.

They can give the warranty as the parts they use no doubt are incredibly cheap to them. In a car market that's incredibly saturated they had to do something to get folk to notice them and buy their cheap cars. It's like they are telling their customers 'don't worry the cars are cheap but you are fully covered so take the plunge'.

Let's not forget that Kia are incredibly popular in countries like India and Pakistan due to the price - wonder if they dish out a 7 year warranty over there? Somehow I doubt it.

I don't think i'd ever buy a new car unless I was really comfortable with my finances that I wouldn't have to worry about it.

There's just no need, is there?

e.g Kia Soul in the UK is what? £10k basic? £12k OTR?

For that you could get a pretty nice pre-owned 3 series or e-class

Not a word about my new shelves. It's all about Nebraska Reds amazing new wheels.

Typical of this forum.

I planted my tomato seeds today, and peppers - in a kind of indoor window box

will report back in September

also I swam 100 lengths in the Swimathon this morning, for charidee

talk about model citizenship....

I don't think i'd ever buy a new car unless I was really comfortable with my finances that I wouldn't have to worry about it.

There's just no need, is there?

e.g Kia Soul in the UK is what? £10k basic? £12k OTR?

For that you could get a pretty nice pre-owned 3 series or e-class

Bout a year ago I popped over to the Kia dealership while my own car was being serviced over the road. I was looking at buying a 7 seater car preferably a 4x4 (put it off to autumn this year in the end). The sales bloke showed me this massive 4x4 7 seater brand new they had on show. £47,000 it was. Yes £47,000 for a Kia that would be worth not even £10k the following year. I was stunned and the salesbloke clearly noticed my shock.

There are folk who actually buy it as I have seen them on the road. For that money you could buy an X5 or GL (a year old though) which pan that Kia 4x4 with much better build quality and depreciation values.