By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

GiffGaff

baja the hut

Tesco Mobile are also competitive IMO as a customer. They like giffgaff also use 02 network.

£12.50 a month, 500 mins, 5000 texts, 1GB. Also get clubcard points.

They also allow you to cap ur spend so your bill should never be over your tariff amount.

The unlimited Internet offered by Giffgaff. Is that truly unlimited like 3's all you can eat data?

If it is I may be moving to giffgaff

Edited by Candystore

I'm about as antiquated as it's possible to be with possibly the worst phone ever constructed. That said it's free so I deal with it an am not motivated to get something for myself.

I did like how baja came in originally asking whether anyone had it then jumped at the chance to inform us of a way for him to save money

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna cancel my contract with orange, get them to unlock my iphone and get myself one of these things.

Are you notified of when you need to top up each month on giffgaff?

Yeah, you get a message after every call with your balance/minutes left in your goodybag.

Forgot to mention that all 0800 calls are free as well, which is good for sorting general admin stuff out.

Yeah, you get a message after every call with your balance/minutes left in your goodybag.

Forgot to mention that all 0800 calls are free as well, which is good for sorting general admin stuff out.

So if you run out of minutes you'd have to buy another goodbag?

Yeah, or you can just top up your balance.

You don't have to buy goodybags, but they do work out really cheap.

I've gone from spending £30 a month to £10 and having loads of minutes left over.

Aye, I'm not really big on making calls and when I do they're pretty quick, so minutes isn't that big a deal. The unlimited texts and data thing seems ace though.

I'm paying £35 a month on orange right now and as i've not interest in another 24 month contract and any phone i'd fancy upgrading to includes a fee, i'm just wasting my time and money staying on it.

So you can just stick a tenner of credit on the phone or buy another full goodbag? Pretty good.

Anyone know anything about PAC codes? Got my code from orange and it's valid for 30 days - but I also have to give orange 30 days notice on my contract.

When should i give giffgaff my PAC code? I take it it's ok that I'll have to give them it while i'm still in contract with orange?

Might be worth asking on the giffgaff site, you can sign-up to get your free sim and get support and stuff before you even spend any money.

Actually, let me recommend you and we both make £5.

Edited by that pic

Might be worth asking on the giffgaff site, you can sign-up to get your free sim and get support and stuff before you even spend any money.

Actually, let me recommend you and we both make £5.

Good man. Recommend away!

Edited by Swipe

Damn, missed out on £5 there.

Also worth saying you can queue another goodybag to run on when your previous one runs out. I keep forgetting though and then one day I can't call or texts.

Anyone know anything about PAC codes? Got my code from orange and it's valid for 30 days - but I also have to give orange 30 days notice on my contract.

When should i give giffgaff my PAC code? I take it it's ok that I'll have to give them it while i'm still in contract with orange?

Once you receive a SIM from GiffGaff and activate it you can then use your PAC code to transfer your number, they can usually do it next day as long as you request it before 4pm.

Theres a page here that explains the process, Ive done it myself recently and it was fairly straightforward.

As far as your contract with Orange goes I found this thread on the GiffGaff forums which might be of some use.

Damn, missed out on £5 there.

Also worth saying you can queue another goodybag to run on when your previous one runs out. I keep forgetting though and then one day I can't call or texts.

Good idea that - that's what i was wondering about in terms of getting it in time every month.

Once you receive a SIM from GiffGaff and activate it you can then use your PAC code to transfer your number, they can usually do it next day as long as you request it before 4pm.

Theres a page here that explains the process, Ive done it myself recently and it was fairly straightforward.

As far as your contract with Orange goes I found this thread on the GiffGaff forums which might be of some use.

Cheers mate. Much appreciated.