By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2nd hand xbox games

jimbolala

I tend to buy games 2nd hand via the internet and have been having great fun playing them. My mate in work does the opposite and buys them all brand new, he states i am missing out on some extras. What are these extras on games like arkham asylum and call of duty modern warfare 2.

On another point, what benefit is xbox live and how much is it

I have Xbox live but I never use it for games. It's worth it for sky go, Netflix, last fm and the myriad of other net services on the Xbox these days.

I haven't played an Xbox game in ages but I use the machine all the time. It's become an ace entertainment centre.

In a bid to cripple the 2nd hand market, devs are adding free content such as maps, characters, extra missions etc to people who buy new. Game devs don't get a penny from the 2nd hand market, so need to make it appear less appealing. They mostly do it via codes that come in a new game's box and can only be used once, then tied to that Live account.

I'd say just try it think 3 months is 15 quid if you don't like it or use it just don't renew! Stuff like netflix and love film run free trial months so worth having a look!

I use it quite a lot for films are music and a bit of online gaming!

Swipe do you pay for xbox live then netflix on top of that

Yeah mate. Took the 30 day Netflix trail and have kept it on. Only six quid a month. The film library really isn't that great but they've lots of tv series I want to see. You can cancel any time you want so if the library hasn't improved by time I finish all the shows I want to watch I'll just cancel.

Can you get the new series of Game of Thrones on Sky Go on the Xbox? We changed to Virgin, so no Sky Atlantic.

I'm sure it is. Boardwalk Empire was on it the day after each episode aired. I use my parents sky details for sky go.

Yeah but you'll need a Sky subscription for it right?

You need someone's sky subscription. My patents have the full sky package. So I used their details and set up an online profile for them. I sign in as my dad on my Xbox or laptop and I can use sky go and all the channels they have on their sky package.

• 1 month later...

Back in junior school, c1982, i used to play on the Apple computer. Dark Crystal was one of the games. The other was a fairly basic pirates game where you had to visit islands, collect treasure and avoid other ships. Through a complete fluke i've found it on the web.

Found my old master system the other day Alex Kidd!

ahh what a game! I used to have a master system where the game was 'in built' for free - all you did was turn the machine on without a cartridge in it and the game would start!!

Pound for pound in my experience the SNES was the best console of all time imo - just a fantastic machine with loads of brilliant games on it

ahh what a game! I used to have a master system where the game was 'in built' for free - all you did was turn the machine on without a cartridge in it and the game would start!!

Pound for pound in my experience the SNES was the best console of all time imo - just a fantastic machine with loads of brilliant games on it

Agree. Although i was hooked on Final Fantasy on the Playstation for a time.

Mind you, i started with a Vic20 Christmas 1981 so it was onward and upward from there ! Those f***ing Scott Adams games :rant:

Agree. Although i was hooked on Final Fantasy on the Playstation for a time.

Mind you, i started with a Vic20 Christmas 1981 so it was onward and upward from there ! Those f***ing Scott Adams games :rant:

ah yes FF7 i take it? That sepheroth was a right c***