By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Facebook for Android

Tommok

Keep getting message saying "update available for this app" in my news feed, but when I click on it and go to the Google store and click on the update it keeps freezing on "starting download"

Any ideas what's wrong with it?

Cheers.

How do I remove the facebook app from an HTC desire s?

I'm not on it and have no intention of ever being, but it won't let me remove it in the normal way.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Tommo.

Funnily enough I tried to do this so I could reinstall it again but with latest version, but couldn't find a way to do it.

to remove facebook "Settings > Applications > Manage applications" and then scrolling down until you see it and select it. Then you can press the uninstall button

if its facebook for HTC then its a system app and i have no idea :unsure:

hammer.jpg

HTC is a bit of a work up cos they have this HTC Sense UI skinned on top of Android. Go find a couple of HTC fan sites, they'll have workarounds.

Would there be any problems in reinstalling it after uninstalling, do you think?

Would there be any problems in reinstalling it after uninstalling, do you think?

The Facebook app? No not at all, it's the first thing I would do. You probably won't be able to do a complete uninstall (sorry Kop205) but you should be able to uninstall any updates you've allowed since you first bought the handset and that should reset everything for you.

to remove facebook "Settings > Applications > Manage applications" and then scrolling down until you see it and select it. Then you can press the uninstall button

if its facebook for HTC then its a system app and i have no idea :unsure:

If it's a system app, you'll have to root the phone and install a root uninstaller.

Tbh, I'd root it anyway. I use a custom rom on my phone which is always rooted so I kinda forget what it means. Then I start to play with my non-rooted tablet and it drives me up the wall the things it won't let me do.

Edited by epieur

If it's a system app, you'll have to root the phone and install a root uninstaller. 

Tbh, I'd root it anyway. I use a custom rom on my phone which is always rooted so I kinda forget what it means. Then I start to play with my non-rooted tablet and it drives me up the wall the things it won't let me do.

Cool.

You now just need to explain to me what that means and how I do it.