Henry, Comolli, Transfer Policy

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There can be, but I think if we're having that discussion then it's clear that some would prefer a change. Maybe it is simplistic but I think you believe he's the best option right now or you want someone else to have a go. I don't think you can rationalise it by saying keep him unless there's a better alternative.

Of course you can. Kenny is not as good as manager A but better than manager B. Manager A isn't interested in the job, but B is, keep Kenny. There's nothing wrong with discussing the merits of different managers

I'm utterly shocked at the identity of the person who's trying to derail decent, open debate where different opinions aren't f***ing crimes. Utterly shocked.

and this adds what exactly

swipe man I like your posts the vast majority of the time and I had to say last time that you weren't being attacked but there's two moderators in this f***ing thread and this doesn't help

I'd take Messi over Suarez, does that mean I don't back him?

It does get a bit weird on here sometimes when the discussion involves Kenny. I saw something on here the other day where someone posted that their mate said that they wouldn't mind relegation if Kenny was in charge!

It's possible to have the utmost respect for Kenny and everything that he's done for the club and the supporters whilst also looking at whats happened over the last 18 months and think that his time out of the game means that he isn't the right man to take us forward.

It does get a bit weird on here sometimes when the discussion involves Kenny. I saw something on here the other day where someone posted that their mate said that they wouldn't mind relegation if Kenny was in charge!

It's possible to have the utmost respect for Kenny and everything that he's done for the club and the supporters whilst also looking at whats happened over the last 18 months and think that his time out of the game means that he isn't the right man to take us forward.

It's absolutely possible to have that respect for Dalglish and not think he's the correct man for the job. It's also equally possible to take a look at what's happened over the last 18 months and decide that there's enough reason to keep wanting him as manager of the football club.

Wow.

Fair enough.

Be nice to have a debate without that sort of thing but fair enough.

And how isn't that playing the poster, there was a discussion about it he was largely disagreed with by those that do and do not want Dalglish to continue as manager and your post adds what exactly?

How long is it since we had this discussion 26 hours?

It's absolutely possible to have that respect for Dalglish and not think he's the correct man for the job. It's also equally possible to take a look at what's happened over the last 18 months and decide that there's enough reason to keep wanting him as manager of the football club.

And how isn't that playing the poster, there was a discussion about it he was largely disagreed with by those that do and do not want Dalglish to continue as manager and your post adds what exactly?

How long is it since we had this discussion 26 hours?

So epic swindle is allowed to carry on like this in every thread? Where something is debated until he trots along and puts words into people's mouth etc?

Someone else called him a troll yet it's me you yet again have a problem with?

What's grabbed you over the 18 months to make you as certain as you appear to be earlier in the thread?

So epic swindle is allowed to carry on like this in every thread? Where something is debated until he trots along and puts words into people's mouth etc?

Someone else called him a troll yet it's me you yet again have a problem with?

I don't have a problem with you and I told ES earlier that misrepresenting peoples posts is npot acceptable and it's not happened since.

Here's the thing though we are having this discussion because you decided to play the poster and I decided to ask you to stop this isn't about him, he's not going to post less s*** because you call him a troll you added a post that specifically looked to address his contribution to the thread it's playing the poster not the post.

If you have an issue with it post it in the feedback forum or report the posts but lets not go through this every single f***ing thread he posts in

What's grabbed you over the 18 months to make you as certain as you appear to be earlier in the thread?

Because I think he deserves it and I accept that this isn't just football related. Because I haven't yet lost the romance for football that I grew up with because we called for him to return and I think he's had enough s*** go against him this season that I'd like him to have the chance to address. I expect him to come back stronger and I expect us to be better.

Nah I'm not gonna report anyone. Not my thing. I'll leave it.

you're like my bird

Because I think he deserves it and I accept that this isn't just football related. Because I haven't yet lost the romance for football that I grew up with because we called for him to return and I think he's had enough s*** go against him this season that I'd like him to have the chance to address. I expect him to come back stronger and I expect us to be better.

I very much understand all that but that's got very little to do with what you've seen over the last eighteen months.

EDIT: If that reads harshly or like I'm trying to catch you (or anyone else) out it isn't meant to.

Edited by Knox_Harrington

I very much understand all that but that's got very little to do with what you've seen over the last eighteen months.

EDIT: If that reads harshly or like I'm trying to catch you (or anyone else) out it isn't meant to.

I think the last 18 months is more about what I've seen him have to contend with andI don't think you are trying to catch me out and I have no issue with people that don't share my opinion but there's been elements to the football that were better than anything since the 2008/09 season, performances against both mancs at Anfield last season and the two draws in the league this. There's obviously concerns with some of the buy's but Carroll started to look like a player and a lot of people are seeing Henderson grow into the role.

A well run club should never sack a manager without being certain they can get a better one in.

Very very true but a "better manager" doesn't necessarily mean a more tactically astute one - Kenny was perfect when he came in - he gave us the moral boost we needed after G and H and Woy....I would argue at that time he was the best manager for us its all dynamic.

you're like my bird

heh, heh, hegemony! ...........

I think the last 18 months is more about what I've seen him have to contend with andI don't think you are trying to catch me out and I have no issue with people that don't share my opinion but there's been elements to the football that were better than anything since the 2008/09 season, performances against both mancs at Anfield last season and the two draws in the league this. There's obviously concerns with some of the buy's but Carroll started to look like a player and a lot of people are seeing Henderson grow into the role.

My thing about the football is whether he has the requisite pragmatism in him to drag a squad which is (and is likely to remain) the 4th - 6th best in the league into 4th or higher. To claw through a brutal season to no silverware and 68pts. (There's also a question about whether I/we want Kenny to do that.) We've played very well at times but we've been short on savvy both during games (including some in which we've played well) and in our approach to them.

I also think, for instance, if we had Spurs' squad we'd be far better off than they currently are with Kenny rather than Redknapp. Some managers suit some tasks and I don't know if this one now suits Kenny. And it'd be a real sickener if he failed at it.

My thing about the football is whether he has the requisite pragmatism in him to drag a squad which is (and is likely to remain) the 4th - 6th best in the league into 4th or higher. To claw through a brutal season to no silverware and 68pts. (There's also a question about whether I/we want Kenny to do that.) We've played very well at times but we've been short on savvy both during games (including some in which we've played well) and in our approach to them.

I also think, for instance, if we had Spurs' squad we'd be far better off than they currently are with Kenny rather than Redknapp. Some managers suit some tasks and I don't know if this one now suits Kenny. And it'd be a real sickener if he failed at it.

You think he'd be better with a much better squad at his disposal rather than being tasked with building a really good squad?