By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Henry, Comolli, Transfer Policy

Flight

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked good at Bolton when he was there on loan as well. Fully expected a big club to pick him up last summer, far better than that s*** Utd bought.

IF Reina wants to go he'd be one I'd look at.

he wasn't on loan at bolton

and he's already committed himself to wigan next season

Fernando Muslera anyone know much about this guy? - was rated like 6th in the world last year- Uruguayan aswell so would fit in with the boys and only 25

he's a great keeper

he wasn't on loan at bolton

Wasn't he? Not sure why I thought he was.

Rodallega available on a free. I know his form has dipped dramatically this season but could still be worth picking up as an option.

Decent. Would be a good backup option because we really are short if Suarez or Carroll pick up injuries, especially if Kuyt leaves.

Think you need a reality check

Behave.

We have only spent what the club has earned.

We are in a healthy position so why should we limit our expectations as fans. I think we should demand the highest standards possible of our owners.

from the kit launch.............

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina expressed his delight after discovering his first choice colours at Anfield next season will be green.

"It’s an old fashioned goalkeeping top, like from the glory days – so hopefully it can help bring the glory days back for us," he said.

"My father always said to me goalkeepers have to wear green. If you wear a bright colour it can attract the attention of attackers, but with green it's like I’m going undercover!

"The idea was to go back to the past and for me it’s a pleasure to wear the same colour kit as the likes of Clemence and Grobbelaar.

"It’s important for all of us to see the new kit – it’s the start of a new era. I feel very proud to be at Liverpool. It’s my seventh season here and hopefully there will be many more."

Have I missed something? Why are folk talking about selling Pepe? What's been said?

Rumour he's going to hand in a transfer request - could be based on his family having photos taken at Anfield.

Don't believe it myself. Thought his reaction the other night was very telling.

Behave.

We have only spent what the club has earned.

We are in a healthy position so why should we limit our expectations as fans. I think we should demand the highest standards possible of our owners.

Agreed - our net spend is not particularly high

Damn right we should - its the least the fans deserve after G and H and the discount they got on the club!

Edited by YNWAdownunder

from the kit launch.............

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina expressed his delight after discovering his first choice colours at Anfield next season will be green.

"It’s an old fashioned goalkeeping top, like from the glory days – so hopefully it can help bring the glory days back for us," he said.

"My father always said to me goalkeepers have to wear green. If you wear a bright colour it can attract the attention of attackers, but with green it's like I’m going undercover!

"The idea was to go back to the past and for me it’s a pleasure to wear the same colour kit as the likes of Clemence and Grobbelaar.

"It’s important for all of us to see the new kit – it’s the start of a new era. I feel very proud to be at Liverpool. It’s my seventh season here and hopefully there will be many more."

Yeah but what was his body language at the last game?

Agreed - our net spend is not particularly high

Damn right we should - its the least the fans deserve after G and H and the discount they got on the club!

For a club not in Europe, 35m is a great deal of money. I doubt there are any other clubs not sugar daddy funded who would find such transfer sums.

I have to say, I find this sense of entitlement really distasteful. That just because we are Liverpool, the owners should be pouring scores of millions into the clubs and if they aren't it isn't good enough. We spend what we earn. Nevermind the fact that the FFP demands this, it is the right way to do it.

Maybe more is needed to get back to the top, but I don't care nor do I expect or want the owners to sugar daddy fund us. I am extremely satisfied to be owned by people who will let the club operate within its means without draining it of funds. And if that means 'not particularly high sums' in a summer like what we have seen so far, then so be it. I'll take it over the sugar daddy.

I can understand people who would like to have a sugar daddy. I can not for the life of me understand people like you who feel a sense of entitlement to having a sugar daddy and actually criticise the owners for not being that.