By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

City away

Rory Fitzgerald

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're seriously missing the point.

It doesn't matter who we play, we are struggling to score goals.

Possession means feck all if you can't stick the ball in the net. We're not even troubling opposition goalkeepers.

FFS, read the thread again. I'm talking about this match, I know there is an issue with goal scoring overall but it's not like we've had loads of time to correct that is it?

And Johnson at right-back just isn't going to work. How many managers of his have played him there?

Then again, shouldnt surprise me that g*******s on here know better than Kenny, same story as when Rafa was here.

We spent the entire game trying to play to Carrols strengths and as we have seen time and time again it doesnt work, we had limited choice today but Gerrard & Bellamy should have started ahead of Downing and Adam. I would be more inclined to start Bellamy up front for a couple of games, at least he has good movement and pace! He would also help bring the midfield into play - I also thought Maxi did well when he came on.

You know things arent going well when the opposing defender is actually sticking up for Carroll!

Mad isn't it.

We were building nicely when Pepe made that rick, you could see it knocked the stuffing out of us.

We took the game to them all nightand kept going right to the end.

Yes we lack an end product way too often but on another day we win that game & no-one could complain.

Kompany was man of the match, that tells you something.

That's the point we didn't take the game to them at all.we dominated possession yes but certainly didn't take it to them

Edited by anfieldgaz

Right so, where and when are we meant to express our frustration then Cobs?

I don't agree with those moaning before the game but should we not complain during the game? If I was at the match I'd have been behind the lads as much as anyone but seeing as I'm sat at home and seething watching us hit the first man time after time every time we try to cross the ball I think I'm allowed to have a moan.

The uproar is slightly weird, it's a team who played 28, won 26, drew 2, lost 0 at their home ground in 2011, are a better team than us anyway and we go there without 2 of our best players and another only fit enough for the bench. What were people expecting?

Right so, where and when are we meant to express our frustration then Cobs?

I don't agree with those moaning before the game but should we not complain during the game? If I was at the match I'd have been behind the lads as much as anyone but seeing as I'm sat at home and seething watching us hit the first man time after time every time we try to cross the ball I think I'm allowed to have a moan.

one man's frustration emanates itself as another man's bellendery

you can express what you want, it's not my forum.

Class when you're 2-0 down, you've got the ball in the wide positions and the only player in the box surrounded by 5 city defenders is Carroll. What's more, is they hit the first man with the cross. Making an impossible task for Carroll even more impossible by being woeful.

haha the service which he did get he wouldnt f***ing go for it.. lost a header to Gael f***ing Clichy.. f***ing spineless bunch of cowards we have

Rarely attacks the ball. though you dont see many whipped in crosses for him to attack either.

The uproar is slightly weird, it's a team who played 28, won 26, drew 2, lost 0 at their home ground in 2011, are a better team than us anyway and we go there without 2 of our best players and another only fit enough for the bench. What were people expecting?

Christ! I'm not at uproar in anyway shape or form about losing the game. We played ok as did city, we didn't deserve to be on the end of a 3-0 defeat but then I don't think we deserved to win either.

My issue is that despite having so much of the ball, City's defenders never looked flustered or rushed at all. We had nothing (apart from the two I've already pointed out and the ones late on when City had the game won at 3-0), no decent through balls, no decent crosses, not even anyone just busting a gut to try to create something.

It's frustrating in the extreme. I'd have said the same had we been playing Barca or Barnet. The lack of craft, guile, imagination and drive is infuriating.

Not bothered by the result, since Man City's record at home is immense and they have some smart players.

We played well and the result flattered them.

Our lack of creativity up front is a worry. Absolutely nothing for Carroll to feed on.

Adam and Downing look like they've found their limit and are struggling.

Henderson looks twice the player when Gerrard is on the pitch.

Bellamy is not THAT unfit. Kuyt looks more tired and he hardly plays.

Gerrard, Lucas, Bellamy and Suarez - we're a different team and we'd get points tonight. Bearing in mind the opposition, it speaks volumes for where we're going, particularly considering where we were 12 months ago.

Drawing to Blackburn, Swansea, Norwich and Sunderland was far worse than tonight's result.

We just continue to play the same way game after game. Lots of possesion with no-one prepared to do anything creative or to take a man on. Johnson, Enrique and Downing are happy to run forward a little then pass it back or sideways instead of getting to the byline. The central midfielders seem content to play quick short passes with little or no end result and we look devoid of any creativity or idea in the final 1/3 of the pitch. Leaving an out of form Carroll up front alone was ridiculous from Kenny. Even if he was to win a ball(very seldom) theres no-one else anywhere near him. For the first time in years Kuyt looks fecking lost. How Kenny can continue allowing Downing to shy away from any attacking responsibility I wonder and starting Henderson in every game is puzzling. We could have played for 900 minutes tonight and still not scored.

That's the point we didn't take the game to them at all.we dominated possession yes but certainly didn't take it to them

Of course we did. We didn't create loads of chances granted, but we kept going at them. That's where the possession came from.

There was a lot of heart and endeavour there, we are just lacking in the final third.

And we haven't had a lot of luck either.

Ah f*** it, I'm off. You'd think supporters would rally around the club and the players at a time like this.

FFS, this has nothing to do with rallying around the club at a time like this.

It's about watching your team do f*** all with the ball in the box to get a goal for 90 minutes, after seeing your club throw in the towel earlier in the day.

Stating the obvious but we need a goal scorer. I would happily forego any other signing in other positions this Jan but we need to get in a striker who is proven quality and that can fit into our style of play. Carroll has certain attributes but we are never going to utilise them the way Newcastle did. I very much doubt the club will be releasing any funds this Jan but if it does happen then we need to blow the lot on a world class goal scorer, whoever that maybe

Of course we did. We didn't create loads of chances granted, but we kept going at them. That's where the possession came from.

There was a lot of heart and endeavour there, we are just lacking in the final third.

And we haven't had a lot of luck either.

Thank f*** for TC. People were saying we had a shot at the title last night, mad innit.