Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Prawns/shrimp

I had poached duck eggs with Salmon on toast yesterday. Never had duck eggs before. Think I'll buy them again

I like to go porridge outs with a decent sprinkle of granola and topped with nuts and blueberries.

Need to be careful with your granola though as a lot of it is crammed full of sugar and fat.

Edited by D.Boon

Just made the best fresh Minestrone. Heavy with white pepper, and I used those little Greek pasta pieces you can get in the Lidl.

I made my first base gravy for BIR style Indian cooking. Normally do it all from scratch but having been bought a good Indian cook book, what better time than lockdown to create an Indian "stock" to see what it's all about.

Used some of it for a nice chicken dansak which turned out pretty bloody good actually and made some sag aloo to go with it. Only thing missing was an ice cold Asahi. 

Got a freezer full of the stuff now to work through now. 

What's your choice in an Indian? 

There’s a YouTube channel called Latifs Inspired which is a really good watch. He is a restaurant chef who goes through how to create restaurant style recipes including the masalas, base gravy and tomato purée. 

I've got a Curry Guy book that's got BIR recipes. Not previously had the time/motivation to make the base but these days seem pretty ideal for it.

Stands for British Indian Restaurant. I had to Google it too

40 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

I've got a Curry Guy book that's got BIR recipes. Not previously had the time/motivation to make the base but these days seem pretty ideal for it.

My main motivation was to get my son involved for his home ec lesson. 

That and IT ie. Fortnite are about as much as we've managed 

19 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I've never heard of BIR. Is it related to BIRyani? I'm going to google it now but just keeping the chat going

British Indian Restaurant.

12 hours ago, Tobes Rafa said:

What's your choice in an Indian? 

Good sense of humour, generosity, integrity etc

I made a polenta mistake last night due to some imprecise recipe instructions. Done badly, polenta is awful. Done well, it's heavenly. Any other foods like this?

23 minutes ago, Bailo said:

I made a polenta mistake last night due to some imprecise recipe instructions. Done badly, polenta is awful. Done well, it's heavenly. Any other foods like this?

Lamb belly. I did it badly.

17 minutes ago, Bailo said:

I made a mess of birds custard the other week. Didn't think you could make custard unpleasant, it was bloody awful though. Too thick.

I made a really good panir jalfrezi on Sunday from m scratch. Like a lot of curries that look daunting on first viewing it was surprisingly easy.