By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

'The economy is safe with the Tories'

Mike

8 hours ago, Redwire said:

Haha.  This is meta.

I made a formal complaint against some fella at Unite's head office once and the person I complained about wrote back to me and said that he didn't accept my complaint and that he would not allow it to be submitted

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

What a way to frame things. It works too. 

Weird one this because one of my friends, who I consider to be a decent person, posted on Monday that she doesn't want to hear people in the public sector complaining about a pay freeze when people in the private sector have been losing their jobs. Every single reply, until mine, agreed with her, saying they were sick of the people in the public sector moaning. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Weird one this because one of my friends, who I consider to be a decent person, posted on Monday that she doesn't want to hear people in the public sector complaining about a pay freeze when people in the private sector have been losing their jobs. Every single reply, until mine, agreed with her, saying they were sick of the people in the public sector moaning. 

Do they not know loads of public sector jobs have been lost and outsourced to private companies?

The media and governments have been demonising parts of the public sector for as long as I can remember so it's not surprising.

4 minutes ago, Ant said:

I couldn't work in the public sector to be honest. 

You could in European countries with a centrist tradition

there the public sector is better paid and has better conditions and is more respected, as opposed to the vicious circle of yard dogs and sociopaths in the UK doing s*** jobs and hating every minute of it 

22 minutes ago, Molby said:

You could in European countries with a centrist tradition

there the public sector is better paid and has better conditions and is more respected, as opposed to the vicious circle of yard dogs and sociopaths in the UK doing s*** jobs and hating every minute of it 

My experience of the public sector is that there are very few people who recognize that they are actually providing a public service, being paid by the public coin and should behave as such.

The whole economic reality across the public/academic sector compared to private sector is so stark. 

1 hour ago, Ant said:

My experience of the public sector is that there are very few people who recognize that they are actually providing a public service, being paid by the public coin and should behave as such.

The whole economic reality across the public/academic sector compared to private sector is so stark. 

Uh huh...

1 hour ago, Ant said:

like those f***ing nurses, right ?

:hooked: