• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gilps

• smithdown

• pipnasty

• Swan Red

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ugh. Ok so purely on Churchill and the British aspect of the Second World War (I really don't want to go over all of his imperialism, and racism, and pre-war stuff - this is torture enough as it

Gordian Brown.  

You’ll drive yourself mad wondering what the working class want. End up tying yourself in knots like Gordon Brown. Just do what’s right, it’s much easier. Those white, English working class oap’s that

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Redray said:

She's an unrelenting piece of s***e. But the real story here is Johnson trying to influence the report and when he couldn't just dismissing it. Trump politics alive and well here. f***ing c****. 

Apparently he’s had the report for quite some time and chose National Bullying Week to release it. If that’s true that’s vile even by their usual standards 

9 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Apparently he’s had the report for quite some time and chose National Bullying Week to release it. If that’s true that’s vile even by their usual standards 

7 months apparently 

On 20/11/2020 at 20:56, Bailo said:

Her interviews about this have been pure gaslighting.

It's been the classic, "sorry, not sorry". Apologies for quoting Jess Phillips but she pointed out on R4 Any Questions, as others have elsewhere, the difference between "I'm sorry if..." and "I'm sorry that..."

Edit: Patel shouldn't even be an MP never mind Home Secretary after her performance in Israel that got her the sack from May.

Edited by Ripley
12 hours ago, Gethin said:

There was apparently some discussion about being more accountable post Cummings. Turns out all this meant was sending out Hancock et al to face Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain 

2 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Shows the mess in British politics that a place like Mansfield puts a tory in. 

I know it was a fair while ago now but it baffles me how any of the former mining towns can consider voting Tory.

48 minutes ago, Tommok said:

I know it was a fair while ago now but it baffles me how any of the former mining towns can consider voting Tory.

1 party is offering to slay the tabloid demons, immigrants, refugees and other swarthy villains. The other party is basically offering them nothing. Labour have absolutely failed them and are still in denial about it, dicking about on the fringes trying to decide what the perfect amount of racism would be to win back their votes.

1 hour ago, Tommok said:

They were scabs in the miners' strike and voted over 70% for Brexit.  They fell for Tory lies in 84 about the scope of the pit cuts, thinking I'm all right Jack in their modern collieries, fell for more Tory lies more recently.  Perhaps it's congenital round there.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

1 party is offering to slay the tabloid demons, immigrants, refugees and other swarthy villains. The other party is basically offering them nothing. Labour have absolutely failed them and are still in denial about it, dicking about on the fringes trying to decide what the perfect amount of racism would be to win back their votes.

Margaret Beckett is back, so at least there is some good news

8 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Yeah I get that.

And I understand that implying those people have short memories is probably a bit disingenuous given the mines were shut several decades ago but it's obviously hard to underestimate the devastation the Tories caused in those communities.

24 minutes ago, Redwire said:

They were scabs in the miners' strike and voted over 70% for Brexit.  They fell for Tory lies in 84 about the scope of the pit cuts, thinking I'm all right Jack in their modern collieries, fell for more Tory lies more recently.  Perhaps it's congenital round there.

Well there's that too.

3 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Yeah I get that.

And I understand that implying those people have short memories is probably a bit disingenuous given the mines were shut several decades ago but it's obviously hard to underestimate the devastation the Tories caused in those communities.

Well there's that too.

I imagine there were always a certain number of older Tories in those communities, as there are everywhere. Lots of older Labour voters will have decided they can't vote Labour again, some of them will also never vote Tory, some of them will.

The big factor in the last few elections was more age than geography. I would guess that these mining communities will be the same as everywhere else, under 55's voted Labour, over 55's voted Tory. There are absolutely loads of older people who bloody love voting.