'The economy is safe with the Tories'

4 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Are the Jewish Labour members, MPs, Councillors and the wider Jewish community being used to prevent the change you talk about? I've no idea if that's the case so would like to know more. 

Plenty of Jewish people are defending him from what I've seen. They are left wing so it seems their views are just being ignored.

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gilps

• smithdown

• pipnasty

• Swan Red

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ugh. Ok so purely on Churchill and the British aspect of the Second World War (I really don't want to go over all of his imperialism, and racism, and pre-war stuff - this is torture enough as it

Gordian Brown.  

You’ll drive yourself mad wondering what the working class want. End up tying yourself in knots like Gordon Brown. Just do what’s right, it’s much easier. Those white, English working class oap’s that

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Plenty of Jewish people are defending him from what I've seen. They are left wing so it seems their views are just being ignored.

I've seen a lot about the Corbyn defence today but not seen much about the complainants issues.

19 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Tory party in town (where restrictions permit)

Starmer the abstainer on table service muffling “excellent choice sir may I say again how much I agree with you yet again sir” 

The Jewish community on the whole were/are  anti JC. Many Jewish labour supporters didn’t vote labour due to him. An old family friend, who stood (and lost) to be an MP many years ago couldn’t vote for anyone but labour due the her beliefs, so stayed with them, but her daughter, also very left couldn’t do it.

From the other side of the world so don’t see all the news,  I think he didn’t do himself any favours, and probably cost him the election, doesn’t make him a racist  but could have done more to help himself  and the party.

10 minutes ago, downunder said:

The Jewish community on the whole were/are  anti JC. Many Jewish labour supporters didn’t vote labour due to him. An old family friend, who stood (and lost) to be an MP many years ago couldn’t vote for anyone but labour due the her beliefs, so stayed with them, but her daughter, also very left couldn’t do it.

From the other side of the world so don’t see all the news,  I think he didn’t do himself any favours, and probably cost him the election, doesn’t make him a racist  but could have done more to help himself  and the party.

Should have been more like like Boris and his crew and been blatantly racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic and xenophobic

• Haha 1

I am not disagreeing, and purposely keep out the debate, due to not being close enough to it.  But there is no doubt a major part of Jewish community had issues with JC and Labour the past few years.

One would have hoped the issues were fixed and it didn’t drag on and cause major problems like we have now, 

Most Jewish people polled said they wouldn't vote for Ed Milliband's Labour too. It could be where the polls are conducted that left leaning Jews wouldn't be asked the question. In this article it says Milliband lost due to declaring to recognise the Palestine state.

https://forward.com/opinion/world/218262/how-ed-miliband-lost-britains-jewish-voters/

I also think it's a bit dodgy to talk about the Jewish people as a whole, as if they all think the same.

Edited by PaulMcC186
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Most Jewish people polled said they wouldn't vote for Ed Milliband's Labour too. It could be where the polls are conducted that left leaning Jews wouldn't be asked the question. In this article it says Milliband lost due to declaring to recognise the Palestine state.

https://forward.com/opinion/world/218262/how-ed-miliband-lost-britains-jewish-voters/

I also think it's a bit dodgy to talk about the Jewish people as a whole, as if they all think the same.

Polls don’t tell the whole story though. 

But  as I said I won’t/can’t  debate it as I don’t know too much.

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

Should have been more like like Boris and his crew and been blatantly racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic and xenophobic

This is the thing. Priti f***Ing Patel!! I rest my case. 
This country is f***ed. 

Excuse my ignorance but who called for this report? 

Ahh so it’s another own goal by the Labour Party called by Starmer. 

If Corbyn was found innocent everyone would have said it was fixed so back to square one. Even calling for this is an admission of guilt. 
If found guilty then anyone connected with him over all the years he’s been in power are now rained and will be hounded out too weakening the Labour Party. 

Edited by Romario
2 hours ago, muleskinner said:

I've seen a lot about the Corbyn defence today but not seen much about the complainants issues.

Yeah you definitely haven't had the Labour right all over the media tiday wringing their hands and being indulged. Ffs.

Brilliant from Barnaby Raine. Well f***ing said. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Redwire said:

Corbyn: existential threat

Trump: too early to say but on balance seems like a great guy

Hahaha they’re boss

He’s divisive in that he takes kids from families and loses them but wait there hang on that’s not now necessarily a bad thing cos 

6 hours ago, Des said:

Yeah you definitely haven't had the Labour right all over the media tiday wringing their hands and being indulged. Ffs.

Angela Rayner, on a list of people about to be thrown out and attacked by Labour right apparently, says Corbyn has 'an absolute blind spot' on the issue. 

Maybe she's wrong?

7 hours ago, Des said:

The BBC shut him down the second he wasn't useful to them

The best thing the left can do now is stick to Starmer til he gets in and then push through PR. They can split off after that. 

That's the kind of tactic they aren't very good at however. I honestly think Labour is done without PR. The press and the right have the country by the balls. 

12 minutes ago, Ed the Wool said:

The best thing the left can do now is stick to Starmer til he gets in and then push through PR. They can split off after that. 

That's the kind of tactic they aren't very good at however. I honestly think Labour is done without PR. The press and the right have the country by the balls. 

Lol why would Starmer do that? Has he ever said anything remotely in favour of PR? 

If he does manage to get in, it's the only thing that will give them a chance of keeping them in long term.

Burnham and the north are all going to be clamouring for it after this. Think plenty of other people will want change too. 

10 minutes ago, smithdown said:

He’s getting in nothing.  He’s all about keeping things as they are.

That's the worry. Everything points to him being f***ing useless. 

7 hours ago, Redwire said:

Corbyn: existential threat

Trump: too early to say but on balance seems like a great guy

How do you 'sufficiently' disavow white supremacists?

Surely you just either disavow them or you don't?

Just another great example of racists convincing themselves they are not racist.