By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

'The economy is safe with the Tories'

Mike

17 minutes ago, Romario said:

I think people will see him as competent, honest and serious which is currently lacking on an unimaginable scale. 

I think many will vote on that alone rather than left, right or center politics.

They voted for the man in the back of the fridge cos he offered them control.

Honesty?  Serious?  C-c-c-c-competent?

2 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Which people?

Scotland wont defo. Depends if/how the tories re-invent themselves I think. I reckon Johnson legs it after brexit and they have a period of time to change personnel and convince the country they are different. They won't be but thats what they'll say and do I reckon

3 minutes ago, Romario said:

People who are not that interested in politics and who are looking for someone who isn't Boris or a complete bellend.

This could just be the telly skewing things but whenever I see people like that getting interviewed all I hear is them going on about what a hard job he's got at the moment and he's doing his best. Does my f***ing head in

3 minutes ago, scoose said:

Scotland wont defo. Depends if/how the tories re-invent themselves I think. I reckon Johnson legs it after brexit and they have a period of time to change personnel and convince the country they are different. They won't be but thats what they'll say and do I reckon

This could just be the telly skewing things but whenever I see people like that getting interviewed all I hear is them going on about what a hard job he's got at the moment and he's doing his best. Does my f***ing head in

I'm gobsmacked by people's take on Boris. I just don't understand at all. The self mutilation is bizarre.  I've pretty much given up on the UK being anything other that f%%ked for generations to come.

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

Are they English in your mind though? White? Remain or Brexit voting? Live in the city or the countryside?

In my mind they are normal people who are drained by this level of incompetence. Strangely that seems like a small demographic. I don't really understand it to be honest as everyone from outside the UK is staggered and can't comprehend how the UK has ended up with this level of leadership.

2 minutes ago, Romario said:

In my mind they are normal people who are drained by this level of incompetence. Strangely that seems like a small demographic. I don't really understand it to be honest as everyone from outside the UK is staggered and can't comprehend how the UK has ended up with this level of leadership.

You've seen what 'everyone' around the world elects? Its hardly a unique issue.

13 minutes ago, Romario said:

I'm gobsmacked by people's take on Boris. I just don't understand at all. The self mutilation is bizarre.  I've pretty much given up on the UK being anything other that f%%ked for generations to come.

Think a lot of English people's mentality towards likes of Johnson and Rees-Mogg can be explained by the reverence for the royal family. They're born and bred to rule, we're supposed to be reigned over. Been brainwashed for centuries and the right wing media is more skilled than ever at exploiting it now.

18 minutes ago, Romario said:

Come on. 

2 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

if you can't get into power without absolutely assuring people you won't change anything, what is the point? 

Cos you've then got in to power ? And you can do what you like, apparently.

What was the point of Johnson telling everyone his Oven Ready deal was going to get Brexit done ? To win.

and it worked. Now he's got 5 years to f*** everything up whilst lining the pockets of his mates along the way.

Starmer can do good only when he's elected.

F*ck all point going on about how close Corbyn got - the reality is he lost narrowly to the awful Theresa May and then was hammered  by this utter f***ing pillock we have now.

I don't care if Labour promise the electorate free handjobs, free lager and a golden unicorn for every household. They've got to win the next election. Convincing the population Starmer is a credible leader/statesman/PM is part of that. To that end i think he's doing ok.

Don't @ me

Starmer has looked as devoid of ideas as his oppo, is why he’s reduced to bleating “but I agree with what you’re doing” every time he stands up.  Don’t think he’s laid a glove on him tbh and that’s with death, corruption and uncertainty for over half of the population on what sort of income they’ll be on by next summer.

We are still waiting for the first big attack, but I suppose the time isn’t right yet.

He landed a few slaps on Johnson in his recent speech by saying he was not up to the job of being PM but yeah it's fair to say that he could've and should've gone a bit further by really taking him to task on the corruption of the contracts handed out to his mates and actually attacked his political philosophy that lies behind his actions rather than mainly focusing on him being a bumbling fool - voters knew that beforehand and many probably quite like it.

Probably be fair to say that a fair few don't realise that there's a degree of inherent cruelty and total disregard towards the views/plight of "immigrants", the poor and vulnerable, behind Johnson's actions and those of his colleagues - be nice to see that mentioned more forcefully by the opposition perhaps.

6 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

The corruption accusations aren't going to get lobbed across the chamber, particularly by a QC.

If it was straight forward to prove then I don't see why not?

They don't have to use the C word ;) but could highlight what crap value for money the tax payer got out of those contracts and to whom the money went.

1 minute ago, Tommok said:

If it was straight forward to prove then I don't see why not?

They don't have to use the C word ;) but could highlight what crap value for money the tax payer got out of those contracts and to whom the money went.

It won't be straightforward enough to accuse the prime minister of corruption. 

1 minute ago, muleskinner said:

It won't be straightforward enough to accuse the prime minister of corruption. 

OK so don't use the word corruption.

The question Sultana posed that I posted a link to yesterday is the sort of thing I'm talking about.

SKS can do that sort of stuff regularly and go a bit further with it.

It's perfectly possible if he wanted to.

2 minutes ago, Tommok said:

OK so don't use the word corruption.

The question Sultana posed that I posted a link to yesterday is the sort of thing I'm talking about.

SKS can do that sort of stuff regularly and go a bit further with it.

It's perfectly possible if he wanted to.

He should. 

2 hours ago, Cobs said:

Cos you've then got in to power ? And you can do what you like, apparently.

What was the point of Johnson telling everyone his Oven Ready deal was going to get Brexit done ? To win.

and it worked. Now he's got 5 years to f*** everything up whilst lining the pockets of his mates along the way.

Starmer can do good only when he's elected.

F*ck all point going on about how close Corbyn got - the reality is he lost narrowly to the awful Theresa May and then was hammered  by this utter f***ing pillock we have now.

I don't care if Labour promise the electorate free handjobs, free lager and a golden unicorn for every household. They've got to win the next election. Convincing the population Starmer is a credible leader/statesman/PM is part of that. To that end i think he's doing ok.

Don't @ me

Can you think of a single example globally in history where someone has pretended to be closer to the centre ground to win power and then moved a country leftwards? Its nearly always the other way. 

It also suggests Starmer is a lot more clever than he probably is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sion said:

Can you think of a single example globally in history where someone has pretended to be closer to the centre ground to win power and then moved a country leftwards? Its nearly always the other way. 

It also suggests Starmer is a lot more clever than he probably is. 

Yeah, if we think Starmer will try to make anything like the fundamental changes we need once he’s in government then we’re kidding ourselves. 

And to keep it simple, I’d be delighted if he’d do everything a government can possibly to do address climate change and systemic racism, but he won’t.