• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gilps

• smithdown

• Swan Red

• pipnasty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ugh. Ok so purely on Churchill and the British aspect of the Second World War (I really don't want to go over all of his imperialism, and racism, and pre-war stuff - this is torture enough as it

Centrists think the reason that centrism is failing is that people are no longer nice enough to try to find common ground with each other. They don’t seem to recognise that people are rejected centris

Woman calls out security forces trading tactics used to kill black and brown people. Labour left wing MP sacked for anti semitism.   It is a tap turned on when needed by those who want to suppr

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Has he been a minister? I try and block him out so much that I'm only vaguely aware of his career...

He was minister of the armed forces.  His name is all over Twitter as the one, not that that is any indication of whether it's actually him of course.

19 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Telling that they haven’t suspended the whip for whoever it is. Hoping it’ll go away I guess. a*******s. 

Because they know it will. Front it out for 48 hours or so and the news cycle will move on because our mates control the news. There's no consequences to anything they do now.

The Sunday Times have probably f***ed up in revealing that the complainant is a parliamentary aide working for the accused thus opening up the possibility of jigsaw ID-ing the victim if the identity of the MP is revealed.  

• Like 1

The government is scrapping Section 106 agreements and it will be devastating for the future of social housing in this country.

https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/news/news/concerns-for-social-rent-as-government-unveils-plans-to-scrap-section-106-67418

A whole host of restrictions imposed by government prevent local authorities building council housing on anything approaching the scale required, even when they have the ability and desire to do so. Of the limited amount being built, half is directly down the funds from Section 106 and that is now being taken away and replaced by schemes to aid buyers. It’s appalling.

1 hour ago, pipnasty said:

Wealthy donors are backing Labour again - GET THE f*** IN!!!!

"“I voted for Keir and am delighted he has won. He is someone ‘without a side’.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/08/former-labour-donors-returning-to-party-under-keir-starmer-jeremy-corbyn

The gleeful reaction to that in the Guardian really does highlight where their coverage comes from.

8 hours ago, Bailo said:

It quotes a number of big donors and ex fundraisers for Blair. If you don't see the positive spin on that in that article then I don't know what to say.

I know whats in it, it still doesn't read as 'gleeful' to me. 

4 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

Labour are a total sh*t show. I still haven’t left, which is making me feel shabby about myself. 

I left a couple of weeks ago, felt freeing. Swapped my subs to Liberty.

3 minutes ago, Bailo said:

I left a couple of weeks ago, felt freeing. Swapped my subs to Liberty.

It's a shame you felt like this given the work you've done and the effort you've made but I can't criticise you for it.

3 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

It's a shame you felt like this given the work you've done and the effort you've made but I can't criticise you for it.

I was OK (to a point) with the right takeover etc but settling the court cases before the Forde inquiry/EHRC inquiry are done with my subs was a step too far. Labour will split soon anyway.