'The economy is safe with the Tories'

9 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

Nobody impressed enough about the Russia thing to post about it today? Or was it in a different thread. Anyway it seemed like there wasn’t much in it hey.

I think the commentariat who had pinned their hopes on a foreign power being all to blame were very disappointed. I doubt it'll make them suddenly self-aware enough to examine their own role in our self-inflicted national idiocy.

Edited by Bailo
  • Like 3
  • Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gilps

• smithdown

• Swan Red

• pipnasty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ugh. Ok so purely on Churchill and the British aspect of the Second World War (I really don't want to go over all of his imperialism, and racism, and pre-war stuff - this is torture enough as it

Centrists think the reason that centrism is failing is that people are no longer nice enough to try to find common ground with each other. They don’t seem to recognise that people are rejected centris

Woman calls out security forces trading tactics used to kill black and brown people. Labour left wing MP sacked for anti semitism.   It is a tap turned on when needed by those who want to suppr

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

Nobody impressed enough about the Russia thing to post about it today? Or was it in a different thread. Anyway it seemed like there wasn’t much in it hey.

There was plenty in it but, hey, Johnny Depp worrac***

14 minutes ago, Cobs said:

and WTO rules to trade on in 6 months time to look forward to 

I explained this to my wife this morning and the first response was "those c**ts". The second was we need a United Ireland, we're in N.I. and she's from a unionist background. 

All that posturing about preventing no deal last year, f***ing meaningless now.

36 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

They are going to make foreign agents register when they come to the UK.

They are spies.

An online form’ll do it and they’d better follow quarantine rules or we start shootin 

2 hours ago, Cobs said:

Thought this a good summary of the last week of the Tories catastrophucking rule

And most people in the UK are oblivious to 90 percent of that or just don't want to think about it - so they continue to get away with it 

3 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Presuming that the f***ing Opposition are still keeping to their vow of silence?

Keir is still trying to come up with a reply to "do you support this government or not?" 

• Like 2

I keep thinking about that clip of Blair (c*nt world champion) in his first PMQ’s, absolutely laying into Major and the Tories for being a useless mob of cruel, corrupt and divided old stuffed shirts.

When did the Blairites decide that a big part of Their sort of politics was to not bother to oppose the govt in any way that would be seen as aggressive? Their messiah was aggressive as a big toothy f*cking wasp!

1 hour ago, Swan Red said:

We going to start registering ours?

Well quite. Holding individual nations to a different standard than others, or accusing one of somehow acting uniquely badly by taking action that are pretty much universal among nations is never good.

9 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I keep thinking about that clip of Blair (c*nt world champion) in his first PMQ’s, absolutely laying into Major and the Tories for being a useless mob of cruel, corrupt and divided old stuffed shirts.

They all did - Blair, Brown, Prescott, Cook etc - used to hand the Tories their arses on a plate daily

"It's the right thing to do but now is not the right time to do it"

This is up there with 'business as usual' and 'tough decisions'

Edited by pipnasty

Yeah I can't believe this current restrained approach is really winning many people over. 

There's limitless ammo to fire at the Tories and altho Johnson will just come up with some flim flam in reply - it's still worth giving him a proper working over and maybe raise your voice just a wee bit when calling them out for this stuff and not just let him continually duck and dive it. 

1 minute ago, pipnasty said:

They all did - Blair, Brown, Prescott, Cook etc - used to hand the Tories their arses on a plate daily

What gives? Cameron stole their act, they swallowed the whole financial crash lie instead of telling the truth, and became more interested in fighting the left?

Labour has been granted an Urgent Question on the Russia Report today btw, right after PMQs. I realise it would be terribly old fashioned to wait to see the approach taken before condemning them though.

4 minutes ago, Gilps said:

Labour has been granted an Urgent Question on the Russia Report today btw, right after PMQs. I realise it would be terribly old fashioned to wait to see the approach taken before condemning them though.

You have to admit though that past performance doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the question though?

"Would the Rt Hon gentleman care to join me in calling Russia a nasty piece of work?"

Given that moron Nandy was spending time at the weekend getting confused between a Russian-authored document and a leaked trade document that might or might not have been circulated by reddit and twitter users who might have been Russian and might have been Russian agents, I'm not expecting much opposition from this shower.

6 minutes ago, Gilps said:

I’m condemning the whole stupid focus on Russia tbh. It was just interesting to me that nobody here mentioned it yesterday when half the forum seemed to think it was such a factor in Brexit, Trump and so on.

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

I’m condemning the whole stupid focus on Russia tbh. It was just interesting to me that nobody here mentioned it yesterday when half the forum seemed to think it was such a factor in Brexit, Trump and so on.

Well can’t speak for anyone else, but I didn’t mention it cause it was my day off following a stretch of working 45 hours in 4 days and I was in the pub.

I never really anticipated it having as big an impact as loads were expecting or hoping for either though.

5 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Think it's fatigue. People are now so used to the corruption and nothing happening to those involved in it that it's just another report and it's become normalized. Like Trump they've now done so many scandalous and resignation-worthy things that have had no consequences that it just wears people down. 

Still, parliamentary recess of almost six weeks now. Thank god there's no kind of emergency situation that requires careful management.

• Like 1