Jump to content

'The economy is safe with the Tories'


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Has the govt justified why they're doing this re the NHS car parking? 

 

I imagine it plays well with their core supporters

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Gilps

    2300

  • smithdown

    1711

  • Swan Red

    1688

  • pipnasty

    1637

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ugh. Ok so purely on Churchill and the British aspect of the Second World War (I really don't want to go over all of his imperialism, and racism, and pre-war stuff - this is torture enough as it

Centrists think the reason that centrism is failing is that people are no longer nice enough to try to find common ground with each other. They don’t seem to recognise that people are rejected centris

Nah am sorry mate there is all kinds of snide in this. They had no evidence the Israeli Secret Service taught them this specific thing but they make the link anyway. Calling that out as ques

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

I imagine it plays well with their core supporters

The same people who have been out clapping so earnestly and looking down their noses at those that don't... 

Surely no one really thinks this is a good thing tho - charging underpaid care workers an extortionate amount for parking at work? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommok said:

Has the govt justified why they're doing this re the NHS car parking? 

Maybe it's to help stimulate the Exploitative Car Park Charging sector at this difficult time 

There's bound to be a Tory minister on the board of one of those companies. 

Well they won’t and can’t say it, but they could only do it in the first place cause there were no visitors allowed. Now visitors are allowed again, we’re back to there not being enough parking to go round. Creating a market from the competition for the limited spaces is easier than building loads more parking on top of or underneath hospitals.

 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

They're increasingly Trumpian. Lie about something, do what you said you wouldn't, lie again when you are questioned about it. Cummings was a watershed. There seems to be no consequences to their lying and bulls*** so why would they stop now? 

I'm very much hoping they seriously try this. Will be great for the independence movement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gilps said:

Well they won’t and can’t say it, but they could only do it in the first place cause there were no visitors allowed. Now visitors are allowed again, we’re back to there not being enough parking to go round. Creating a market from the competition for the limited spaces is easier than building loads more parking on top of or underneath hospitals.

 


 

 

Renationalise public transport and make it free. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bailo said:

Renationalise public transport and make it free. 

Would be a great way of stopping cars f***ing our towns and villages. Would also mostly stop the need to spend billions building new roads that end up as congested as the existing ones within a couple of years.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

London has nationalised public transport sorted. It’s not like we have to look far for an example of how to do things. 

Every town should have public transport as accessible and affordable as London's - £1.50 per bus journey with a £4.50 a day cap. 

Where we are now, the bus services are infrequent & expensive (£3.30 return to town centre - 1.5mi each way) and stop at 6pm so you can't even use them to go out in the evening. Forces people into expensive car ownership 'cos you can't really live your life without one.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smithdown said:

What in there would you like to discuss? Lots in that which is racist, some of it is reflective of Corbyn's popularity amongst the working class others reflective of economic policies that have saved livelihoods. . 

Edited by Ant
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ant said:

What in there would you like to discuss? Lots in that which is racist, some of it is reflective of Corbyn's popularity amongst the working class others reflective of economic policies that have saved livelihoods. . 

This bit is good:

 

“Think of all the excess deaths we’ve had from Covid-19; more than 44,000 of them have been in my age group, the over-65s,” he said. “Surely the government has saved money as a result? That’s 44,000 fewer pensions the government is paying each week, plus they have probably saved a fortune in care home fees, too. I’d like to see that money going into the NHS, not just hospitality.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smithdown said:

This bit is good:

 

“Think of all the excess deaths we’ve had from Covid-19; more than 44,000 of them have been in my age group, the over-65s,” he said. “Surely the government has saved money as a result? That’s 44,000 fewer pensions the government is paying each week, plus they have probably saved a fortune in care home fees, too. I’d like to see that money going into the NHS, not just hospitality.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ant said:

What in there would you like to discuss? Lots in that which is racist, some of it is reflective of Corbyn's popularity amongst the working class others reflective of economic policies that have saved livelihoods. . 

Do you think a retired nurse who owns his own pizzeria is working class? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sion said:

Do you think a retired nurse who owns his own pizzeria is working class? 

He’s spoken his salt of the earth brains out before too:

 

He should’t have done it, should he? He’s gone to Durham and he shouldn’t have. I think his c***sure attitude and white shirt yesterday might have lost him a whole load of people. He’s not sympathetic, is he? He doesn’t do himself any favours. I do think Boris has lost some credibility. Cogs are turning in one direction and the masterplan has to continue in that direction. If Cummings is a key figure in that, then he’s got to stay, but longterm he’s got to go. You wouldn’t want to get someone off your main board because they made a mistake if they are a key decision maker.

 

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/26/first-time-conservative-voters-react-to-cummings-controversy?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Gmail&__twitter_impression=true

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Socialism - help everyone 

Facism - kill everyone

Centrism - only kill some people 

I literally had this conversation with a centrist who has said to me that if we reach out to the fascists then surely killing some people is better than killing all people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

I literally had this conversation with a centrist who has said to me that if we reach out to the fascists then surely killing some people is better than killing all people. 

Maybe killing some fascists isn't a bad idea 

Not that I'm advocating that obviously 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smithdown said:

He’s spoken his salt of the earth brains out before too:

 

He should’t have done it, should he? He’s gone to Durham and he shouldn’t have. I think his c***sure attitude and white shirt yesterday might have lost him a whole load of people. He’s not sympathetic, is he? He doesn’t do himself any favours. I do think Boris has lost some credibility. Cogs are turning in one direction and the masterplan has to continue in that direction. If Cummings is a key figure in that, then he’s got to stay, but longterm he’s got to go. You wouldn’t want to get someone off your main board because they made a mistake if they are a key decision maker.

 

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/26/first-time-conservative-voters-react-to-cummings-controversy?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Gmail&__twitter_impression=true

 

 

The Guardian love their pet Northerners

20 minutes ago, Sion said:

Has SKS said anything yet about the horrific racist abuse Dawn Butler has been receiving? 

It's also interesting how Steve Butler remained in position with an apology for AS and how SKS himself just needed to pop along to a course for his racisms he did.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...