Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

'The economy is safe with the Tories'

Recommended Posts

This budget illustrating why Labour members choosing Starmer is a catastrophic error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Des said:

This budget illustrating why Labour members choosing Starmer is a catastrophic error.

I agree but specifically with the budget, why do you say that? Tanks on the lawn stuff as the Tories go fiscally towards the centre? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

It was a Labour budget pretty much.

Corbyn looked pretty exposed trying to oppose it. 
There’s probably a creative way to fight in opposition, there’s probably all sorts of strategy but we just see the same old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Twitter rumours that Rachel Reeves will become the Shadow Chancellor under Keir Starmer

I think I remember her saying something like Labour shouldn’t help the unemployed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

I think I remember her saying something like Labour shouldn’t help the unemployed.

She wanted Labour to be tougher on scroungers than the Tories. She wanted Turbo Austerity

 

And yeah, she said that Labour weren't the party for the unemployed 

Edited by pipnasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pipnasty said:

She wanted Labour to be tougher on scroungers than the Tories. She wanted Turbo Austerity

 

And yeah, she said that Labour weren't the party for the unemployed 

 

Scroungers eh, whatever happened to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smithdown said:

 

Scroungers eh, whatever happened to them?

Reeves will have them back on the agenda soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Reeves will have them back on the agenda soon

 

There’ll be a division drawn up - “those claimants who through no fault of their own...” will be a key phrase 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are all looking forward to 'tough decisions' having to be made with the lament that 'we don't want to make these decisions but we have no choice'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't she also say "the British population" (aka white people) would riot with more immigration?

I was all up for throwing my weight behind whoever got elected but if that's the kind of person Starmer is appointing I'm out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 13:28, smithdown said:

 

There’ll be a division drawn up - “those claimants who through no fault of their own...” will be a key phrase 

Back to the Victorian division and between the deserving and undeserving poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2020 at 14:03, Bailo said:

Didn't she also say "the British population" (aka white people) would riot with more immigration?

I was all up for throwing my weight behind whoever got elected but if that's the kind of person Starmer is appointing I'm out

Not at all sure immigration is only an issue for white people tbh. My mate's wife's comment on Brexit 'Good, we can keep them bloody Somalians out' was only topped by the fact she's Indian.

I know this isn't the view on here but for me, I voted for Starmer because he has two big things going for him, 1. He's not a Tory 2. He can win. Without 2 We are going to spend the rest of our lives squabbling whilst the Tories wreak their havoc.

If the choice doesn't include an agenda you can immediately deliver on because you're not in power you go for the nearest to it, get in office and call the shots.

 

But I know nobody will agree I just thought I'd say it....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Peston but still:

 

Honest to god, something has got to change in the way reporters work in this country. There has to be an opportunity for further interrogation from Peston to Gove over this, otherwise what’s the point in his (admittedly good) work in uncovering the lie. It can’t just be let slide because of the usual news cycle bull. The news isn’t cycling, they need to be brought to book every time they say these lies, which is almost daily 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Honest to god, something has got to change in the way reporters work in this country. There has to be an opportunity for further interrogation from Peston to Gove over this, otherwise what’s the point in his (admittedly good) work in uncovering the lie. It can’t just be let slide because of the usual news cycle bull. The news isn’t cycling, they need to be brought to book every time they say these lies, which is almost daily 

We are in a warped society. If this situation doesn't shift it f*** knows where we end up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

We are in a warped society. If this situation doesn't shift it f*** knows where we end up.

Oh I think we know where we're heading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Further down that thread, Peston admits it was a Labour MP that did the digging on that 

Bill Esterson, local MP here in Crosby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the ITV article that he wrote that is literally those tweets, he added a PPS quoting a Govt source saying there's a "global shortage of reagents for test kits" to which Peston just comments "this is true" without any hint of interrogation of the source or consideration of their bias.

Turns out the Govt are now claiming the reagents shortage are stopping them test more, despite a) that not stopping most other countries and b) a paper being published by UK scientists a fortnight ago saying you don't need those reagents to get excellent diagnostic results. They'll leap at anything to excuse themselves and Peston et al will back down in a second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bailo said:

Starmer and Rayner elected

Thank f***

now there’s some hope

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...