Sign in to follow this  
Mike

'The economy is safe with the Tories'

Yeah, they've been a bit of a shambles in general and for a 'voice behind the throne' Cummings has been front and centre of most coverage.

A bit of knowledge, a bit of incompetence, a lot of confidence and loads of structural back up

A bit of knowledge, a bit of incompetence, a lot of confidence and loads of structural back up

Yeah seems right

I prefer 'By old Etonians, For Old Etonians'

Edited by cymrococh

It’s a leap from there to “he’s f***ing good at this stuff” though, especially where “this stuff” is apparently far more than just winning elections.

Not sure it is a big leap TBH

Yeah, they've been a bit of a shambles in general and for a 'voice behind the throne' Cummings has been front and centre of most coverage.

And yet they're dead popular and seem to be pushing through loads of their priority policies

Thing is all these evil genius tropes all seem to play into the big man of history b******s and ignores all the f***ing nonsense surrounding everything

Not sure it is a big leap TBH

I don’t want to bore on, but you’ve demonstrated that he’s likely to be a better strategist than Milne, which I accept.

From there to “he’s f***ing good at this stuff” really is a leap.

I don’t want to bore on, but you’ve demonstrated that he’s likely to be a better strategist than Milne, which I accept.

From there to “he’s f***ing good at this stuff” really is a leap.

What detriment will this Sabinsky appointment do him or his Govt? Polls (I know) put them even further ahead of Labour than the election and all this *waves hands* discussion about eugenics doesn't seem to bother floating voters and engages the Tories base.

I'm not saying he's a genius but I think he's more clever and dangerous than you're giving him credit for.

Anyway, the original point was Sabinsky and his fascism.

Yes and I was saying Sabinsky was a blagger and you moved it on to how smart Cummings is.

You think hiring a racist, then firing him when he’s revealed to be a racist, is clever. I’m unconvinced.

Yes and I was saying Sabinsky was a blagger and you moved it on to how smart Cummings is.

Yes and I didn't call him a genius, just smart at this kind of operation.

Fair enough, you didn’t say genius.

He obviously has some ability but I don’t agree that hiring this racist and then having to fire him was a smart move. It looks quite the opposite to me.

You think hiring a racist, then firing him when he’s revealed to be a racist, is clever. I’m unconvinced.

Agree.

There won’t be any “oh but he had such clever ideas and now we won’t hear them”, cos he hasn’t got any. He’s just another racist. What there will be is “hahaha at least it upset guardian readers hahaha and frightened BAME people hahaha but not us haha let’s find another one, where’s Toby Young these days”

He obviously has some ability but I don’t agree that hiring this racist and then having to fire him was a smart move. It looks quite the opposite to me.

Let's see who is quietly hired next in an atmosphere created by Young, Vine, O'Neill et al who have been primed to shriek about cancel culture the last day or so. Maybe not someone as overtly fascist and will appear quite reasonable. On top of that, plenty of support gained from his base who like the "can't say anything these days" rhetoric.

where’s Toby Young these days”

Literally shrieking about his mate Sabinsky being "fired"

At least while he’s doing that he’s not noncing.

I'm pretty sure whilst he's on Twitter he can nonce and shriek. Probably about how noncing isn't allowed anymore.

The MO is to see what they can get away with, assess public response, pull back when hit a boundary but where they pull back to is significantly away from the prior position and try again. Rinse and repeat

I reckon we have to distinguish between narratives that are consistent with the facts and the facts themselves.