Sign in to follow this  
Leo No.8

Swollen Gland

Its funny really, but both the reassuring words and the abuse helped in their own different ways. Like the ying and yang of mental correction.

I was getting an arm round the shoulder from one side, and slapped in the face with a wet fish on the other. It all combined for success, more people should come on here for therapy.

Ok I am freaking out again believe it or not. It doesn't seem like the blood tests are actually much of an indicator, the WBC count may not be low at this point.

There is a scary, and I mean scary list of things adding up for me. Lymphoma itself is a common symptom of advanced HIV, and this neck swelling is not going. It also feels a worrying texture. I have a yellow white scuzz on my tongue, the neuropathy, the unexplained swollen foot a few weeks ago which is described as often being a first sign of development. The timeline adds up too - yes I would be incredibly unfortunate but these things are what they are.

Woke up with a numb shoulder last night too, which can be another indicator of lymphoma.

I believe if I have one I have both. I know we've all had a laugh about it, but I think the GP was really looking in general terms and I think that the fact that the tests found no infection indicators, no abnormalities may actually be bad news for me. If there is no virus, no infection then what is up with me if not this?

I know all the stuff about not self diagnosing, but it's actually getting quite hard to explain all the factors away. I was so relieved at the blood tests because I was honestly utterly convinced about all the above - having looked into it they mean pretty much nothing, in fact it might be additional evidence.

I can add up a long list of factors now. I guess the only thing in my favour is the more classic symptoms like the fever, night sweats and weight loss haven't turned up but those may be on the way. I should go and get tested but I feel so sure about this now I feel like my life is going to be over in the most horrifying way imaginable. Can't believe I'm back here, but this is compelling evidence. It's not one or two things it's loads.

If the biopsy is negative then a lot changes. The tongue, the gland etc could be to do with sinuses. I could live with cancer and try to beat it with my family, but that as well? Not having long left would be the biggest mercy. I'm so scared, more than I was before.

Ok I am freaking out again believe it or not. It doesn't seem like the blood tests are actually much of an indicator, the WBC count may not be low at this point.

There is a scary, and I mean scary list of things adding up for me. Lymphoma itself is a common symptom of advanced HIV, and this neck swelling is not going. It also feels a worrying texture. I have a yellow white scuzz on my tongue, the neuropathy, the unexplained swollen foot a few weeks ago which is described as often being a first sign of development. The timeline adds up too - yes I would be incredibly unfortunate but these things are what they are.

Woke up with a numb shoulder last night too, which can be another indicator of lymphoma.

I believe if I have one I have both. I know we've all had a laugh about it, but I think the GP was really looking in general terms and I think that the fact that the tests found no infection indicators, no abnormalities may actually be bad news for me. If there is no virus, no infection then what is up with me if not this?

I know all the stuff about not self diagnosing, but it's actually getting quite hard to explain all the factors away. I was so relieved at the blood tests because I was honestly utterly convinced about all the above - having looked into it they mean pretty much nothing, in fact it might be additional evidence.

I can add up a long list of factors now. I guess the only thing in my favour is the more classic symptoms like the fever, night sweats and weight loss haven't turned up but those may be on the way. I should go and get tested but I feel so sure about this now I feel like my life is going to be over in the most horrifying way imaginable. Can't believe I'm back here, but this is compelling evidence. It's not one or two things it's loads.

If the biopsy is negative then a lot changes. The tongue, the gland etc could be to do with sinuses. I could live with cancer and try to beat it with my family, but that as well? Not having long left would be the biggest mercy. I'm so scared, more than I was before.

A lot of them 'symptoms' can also be dismissed out of hand as nothing.

Scuzzy tongue could be down to restless breathing whilst sleeping because of worry.

Numb shoulder from sleeping funny because of stress

Swollen foot could be ligament damage

A lot of them 'symptoms' can also be dismissed out of hand as nothing.

Scuzzy tongue could be down to restless breathing whilst sleeping because of worry.

Numb shoulder from sleeping funny because of stress

Swollen foot could be ligament damage

It's starting to look a stretch though. You usually know when you do something to your ankle don't you? Can usually point to the moment it happened.

I also have just seen I have visible veins on my body starting to come through, which is apparently another strong sign. This is for real, I've got late stage and probably lymphoma as well. I'm not going to see my little girl grow up or my son, I'm going to die a horrible death very soon and I'm going to be a horror show. I'm going to hell I don't deserve this how can it be happening to me? God my god this is the most horrific thing to ever happen to anyone.

My wife might have it, my kids might have it. God help me.

I also have just seen I have visible veins on my body starting to come through, which is apparently another strong sign. This is for real, I've got late stage and probably lymphoma as well. I'm not going to see my little girl grow up or my son, I'm going to die a horrible death very soon and I'm going to be a horror show. I'm going to hell I don't deserve this how can it be happening to me? God my god this is the most horrific thing to ever happen to anyone.

can't you rule out HIV because your WBC count is normal?

typically HIV+ patients have very low WBC counts?

Where are you getting HIV from exactly? The fact you slept around 10 years ago and now have a lump in your neck? You don't seem to have any of the most common symptoms or signs apart from that.

Edited by Sion

Where are you getting HIV from exactly? The fact you slept around 10 years ago and now have a lump in your neck? You don't seem to have any of the most common symptoms or signs apart from that.

Yellow Tongue, unexplained swollen foot, neuropathy, potential lymphoma, veins showing through which is apparently due to muscle loss. I'm f***ed Sion, just a normal lad I've been, never happier, wonderful family and this

Aren't they all combined something?

Edited by Leo No.8

Yellow Tongue, unexplained swollen foot, neuropathy, potential lymphoma, veins showing through which is apparently due to muscle loss. I'm f***ed Sion, just a normal lad I've been, never happier, wonderful family and this

just pray that you'll get to see liverpool winning the title before your inevitable death

Leo, youre probably have something alright thats not as serious as youre thinking and youre about to get something else - a great big f***ing stomach ulcer from the stress you are heaping on yourself.

As for visible veins? everyone has them, even chubsters, certainly not a defining fact about anything other than you (might) be human. If you had any surgery in the past x number of years I would have expected them to find the something that you think you might have given the tests they run before surgical procedures but either way I reckon youre in need of some good medical advice and a holiday. Until you get the former stop using google and calm the f*** down. You should probably go and have a w*** to release some stress or something, try not to think of Xabi as you do it though for christs sake! After that go and book a holiday.

As for neuropathy, its common for diabetes patients to experience it, most oftem in the feet but a relative has had it on his face, which is unusual but swelling of the feet can also be a direct result of diabetes. As someone mentioned earlier a lot of these symptoms can be explained away as nothing in themselves and the stress factor will bring on a lot of other symptoms like muscle pain, neck pain, diahorrea, cold sweats.. which doesnt say anything other than your stressed to hell. Of course if you type all of those into google and hit search you'll probably end up on a page describing ebola eventually but that doesnt mean that youve got it, so try to relax a little, get up tomorrow and play with the kids, take them to a park if theyre that kind of age and convinve the missus to let you sleep with her best friend because when the doctor comes back next week and tells you youve been wasting his f***ing time and theres nothing wrong with you, you wont get such a chance again so Carpe bloody Diem and all that!

So just about the last sign possible is glands coming up all over my body which is happening now. With everything else that's it now, I'm getting tested tomorrow but I am 100 per cent certain of what it is. The ones on the back of your neck guarantee it.

Don't care about myself, pray for me that my wife and my kids don't have it. I can't believe what has happened to me, all these years I have been carrying it round. I've been so unlucky, one in a million chance.

Just given my son his night bottle, what am I going to do now? How can I go on if they have it? I will be lucky to see 6 months with knowing what the lump in ky neck is too. This isn't hypochondria, this is real I know it.

Sure my little girl is ok, but don't know about Bev and Harry. This is the most horrifying thing that could ever happen to anyone. God help me.

So just about the last sign possible is glands coming up all over my body which is happening now. With everything else that's it now, I'm getting tested tomorrow but I am 100 per cent certain of what it is. The ones on the back of your neck guarantee it.

Don't care about myself, pray for me that my wife and my kids don't have it. I can't believe what has happened to me, all these years I have been carrying it round. I've been so unlucky, one in a million chance.

Just given my son his night bottle, what am I going to do now? How can I go on if they have it? I will be lucky to see 6 months with knowing what the lump in ky neck is too. This isn't hypochondria, this is real I know it.

Sure my little girl is ok, but don't know about Bev and Harry. This is the most horrifying thing that could ever happen to anyone. God help me.

Dont say that Leo. You're a good chap and nothing bad will happen. Talk to a friend or pray to God if you have nothing to do.

Mods can you please get rid of this thread. I would like to be able to PM people if I can rather than put it here.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo No.8

Mate, as a guy with hypochondria/ocd, trust me, we always assume the worst.

chillaxosaurus-rex...

Same here, it's classic hypochondria Leo. FIrst the agony, then the huge relief high when told you're not going to die just yet after all, which never lasts long and is replaced with doubts about what the doctor did, leading to new agony, repeat, repeat, repeat. What you say about guff on your tongue and an aching shoulder adding up to be something deadly, it's textbook. I used to be exactly like that but making a decision not to do that internet research thing has helped a lot, I haven't had it bad for a few years now. Once this thing is sorted out you really should think about stopping doing this to yourself (though I know from experience it's easier said than done)!

and this neck swelling is not going. It also feels a worrying texture. I have a yellow white scuzz on my tongue, the neuropathy, the unexplained swollen foot a few weeks ago which is described as often being a first sign of development. The timeline adds up too - yes I would be incredibly unfortunate but these things are what they are.

you've got gout. stop eating rich fatty foods and cut out salt.

you've got gout. stop eating rich fatty foods and cut out salt.

Thought that when I first did the ankle Steve, but it doesn't give you swollen lymph glands all over does it?

I know this is the most insane, appalling thing ever but I really have got it. The glands, the Tongue, the foot, the

timeline, the neuropathy. I've not just got a few symptoms I've got lots in the right order.

I'm praying it's just the cancer but I'm kidding myself. This

node is rock hard and growing, but it's clearly here because of my weakened immune system.

I am going for a test today, I will be shocked if I'm clear.

Edited by Leo No.8

Yep

You're a loon

All five blood tests back as normal from the doctor - red blood, white blood, kidney etc. I think we can assume I haven't got AIDS...:D

Also said we can count out proper cancer including lymphoma most likely, but still got to have the biopsy to rule out some more minor ones.

Feeling sane again, delightfully sheepish. Thanks to all for sorting me out...

Hate to suggest you might want to trust your Doc's ability to spot a reasonably healthy Leo from one pushing down death's door. Calm the fook down, get off the internet medical sites and go and do something fun with your day

(you likely have very few left)

Hate to suggest you might want to trust your Doc's ability to spot a reasonably healthy Leo from one pushing down death's door. Calm the fook down, get off the internet medical sites and go and do something fun with your day

He booked me in for a biopsy tosh, but think we will have to move it forward. In hindsight the bloods showing nothing was strange no infection, no virus?

In many AIDS patients the WBC is lowered or the kidney function though - that's a ray of hope I'm clinging to.

(you likely have very few left)

With every fibre of my being I hope so Tosh, but I don't believe so. This goes beyond hypochondria.

It really doesn't, Leo. Here I go diagnosing someone else over the Internet but the mental state you seem to be in now really seems textbook. I've been exactly like that plenty of times. When this is sorted you really want to work on not falling into this again because it'll make you miserable. PS: I regularily have episodes of twitching muscles, I've had white gunk on my tongue for as long as I can remember and I have hard lumps all over my body and I'm fine (although that tongue gunk might say something about my oral hygene I'd rather not think about).