By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Swollen Gland

Leo No.8

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so this gland thing... was it serous?

Antibiotics look to have beaten it, the gland is a mere shadow of its former pumped up self so it must have been an infection in my sinuses. Its gone from the Arnold Schwartzenegger of glands to a mere slip of a fellow. Thanks for asking, it was a worry!

I'm glad now to be in a position of being told what a big girl I was...:thumbs:

I've been the doc's this morning because a week and half back I had lump suddenly appear in my armpit. When I booked the appointment it was the size of a quail egg, this morning I showed it to the quack and it and it was down to about the size of a small peanut. He more or less told me to man up and not bother him with such trivial armpit undersize growthage.

I am now officially sh*tting myself, really think there is something seriously wrong with me now.

Been a bit out of it to be honest for a few weeks, slight twitching in the muscles all over my body, one minute feel OK and the next not. When reading up on the net, there seems to be a condition called 'peripheral neuropathy' which can be related to cancer and later stage HIV. I know you shouldn't self diagnose, but its actually very scary. My foot swelled up badly about 4-5 weeks ago, it was a bit of a mystery at the time but I assumed I'd done it jumping out of bed to see to the little one during the night.

But the truth is I couldn't remember doing it, and It adds up with current symptoms.

It seems this can often be related with neuropathy, and the swollen gland related to both of the above illnesses. Its two fold scary, for one thing about 10 years ago I was 23 and going through the phase most lads go through of getting about town a bit - nothing out of the ordinary and I'd be f*cking unlucky but there is a chance. My wife was tested for HIV when she had Charlotte about 3 years ago and was negative, but there's a possibility I haven't passed it tto her and I'm genuinely scared now. Bloods will be back tomorrow / Thursday.

I think the glands on the other sides of my neck and coming up now, and along with the other feelings I'm terrified. Waiting for a call back off the doctor at the moment to discuss.

Edited by Leo No.8

I am now officially sh*tting myself, really think there is something seriously wrong with me now.

Been a bit out of it to be honest for a few weeks, slight twitching in the muscles all over my body, one minute feel OK and the next not. When reading up on the net, there seems to be a condition called 'peripheral neuropathy' which can be related to cancer and later stage HIV. I know you shouldn't self diagnose, but its actually very scary. My foot swelled up badly about 4-5 weeks ago, it was a bit of a mystery at the time but I assumed I'd done it jumping out of bed to see to the little one during the night.

But the truth is I couldn't remember doing it, and It adds up with current symptoms.

It seems this can often be related with neuropathy, and the swollen gland related to both of the above illnesses. Its two fold scary, for one thing about 10 years ago I was 23 and going through the phase most lads go through of getting about town a bit - nothing out of the ordinary and I'd be f*cking unlucky but there is a chance. My wife was tested for HIV when she had Charlotte about 3 years ago and was negative, but there's a possibility I haven't passed it tto her and I'm genuinely scared now. Bloods will be back tomorrow / Thursday.

I think the glands on the other sides of my neck and coming up now, and along with the other feelings I'm terrified. Waiting for a call back off the doctor at the moment to discuss.

Never, ever, ever look on internet for what ails you, Leo.

It makes this happen.

Take it easy Leo, 99.9% certain it'll be nowhere near as bad as you seem to think it is.

I was worried s***less a couple of weeks back when that lump appeared, knowing it was potentially a sign of imminent lymphoma, and as I said above, the doc more or less laughed me out of his room this morning.

Thanks lads - appreciate it. Just with the swollen glands, neuropathy (if thats what it is defo seems like it) and maybe even the timeline, it has got me scared. Haven't got a fever, rash, cough, sore throat or any of that stuff though.

See what the bloods turn up - cancer I could deal with, the other thing would be life over in every way. Really hoping I'm a total hypocondriac, will take the abuse with absolute pleasure!

Thanks lads - appreciate it. Just with the swollen glands, neuropathy (if thats what it is defo seems like it) and maybe even the timeline, it has got me scared. Haven't got a fever, rash, cough, sore throat or any of that stuff though.

See what the bloods turn up - cancer I could deal with, the other thing would be life over in every way. Really hoping I'm a total hypocondriac, will take the abuse with absolute pleasure!

It won't be HIV.