Sign in to follow this  
Leo No.8

Swollen Gland

Just over a week ago one of the glands in my neck popped up massive - been pooing myself about it TBH. Browsing the internet about this kind of thing is NOT a good idea.

Feel very blocked up in the head and spaced out, pain under my ears, lump of something in my throat. Doctor thinks its sinus infection and gave me antibiotics yesterday but if this gland doesn't bugger off by the end of next week I'm in for some scary testing!

If anyone has anything that will make me feel better please post, if its anything to make me sh*t myself anymore than I already am please don't! :)

Just over a week ago one of the glands in my neck popped up massive - been pooing myself about it TBH. Browsing the internet about this kind of thing is NOT a good idea.

Feel very blocked up in the head and spaced out, pain under my ears, lump of something in my throat. Doctor thinks its sinus infection and gave me antibiotics yesterday but if this gland doesn't bugger off by the end of next week I'm in for some scary testing!

If anyone has anything that will make me feel better please post, if its anything to make me sh*t myself anymore than I already am please don't! :)

don't try and self diagnose on the internet

Don't read the Spartacus actor thread or search google images for goitre.

Yeah sounds sinusey, should be grand.

While we're here, I know that getting cold doesn't cause a cold, but I got drenched and cold the other day and I got very cold last night at a match and to-day I have a cold. You can sort of see where people are tempted to make the connexion.

I had that once and I died. No, not really. Well I've had a few lumpy glands but they didn't kill me. I've had one that didn't go away on its own removed, no big deal. Wouldn't worry too much. But no don't ever try and self diagnose on the internet. I thought I'd die for sure the first time too.

I had that once and I died. No, not really. Well I've had a few lumpy glands but they didn't kill me. I've had one that didn't go away on its own removed, no big deal. Wouldn't worry too much. But no don't ever try and self diagnose on the internet. I thought I'd die for sure the first time too.

Not really living up to your name there, buddy. I was looking forward to reading your post in this thread :(

I had that issue happening to me twice a year (end of summer and beginning of winter) without fail for a few years, when i was in middle school. This rubbish doctor i used to go to told us that it was mumps and repeated infections would have severe problems for me. Went to this other doctor who simply prescribed me heavy antibiotics which would have me drowsy all day but sorted it out in a week. Not mumps in my case.

Could be different for you. Lets hope its not mumps. Like the others have said, dont self medicate. There are chances that the same glands on the other side of your face might swell up. See a doc before it does.

Edited by carrafan

Not really living up to your name there, buddy. I was looking forward to reading your post in this thread :(

Just focus on the first sentence and pretend I didn't write anything else.

Have you still got your wisdom teeth? Used to get swollen glands on my left side all the time, but since I've had my wisdom teeth out, I very rarely get this problem. This wasn't the reason I had them taken out though so it could just be a coincidence

don't try and self diagnose on the internet

I have and I was correct. Doctor didnt have a clue until I told him what I thought it was

I have and I was correct. Doctor didnt have a clue until I told him what I thought it was

I'm sure others have too, but you can cause way more stress and anxiety than is necessary.

Have you been bitten by anything recently? Could be hundreds of baby spiders growing in your neck and will pop out when you are least expecting it ;)

I had swollen neck glands during the summer. Doctor reckoned I had an allergy. He sent me for a chest xray and did blood tests (apparently I am allergic to house dust mites). He gave me a nasal spray and reckons all my sinus related problems and swollen glands all come from the allergy.

Thanks all - appreciate the contributions! Know I'm being daft like, but have been getting a bit worked up about it. And Stevie we haven't actually got it yet, or I'd think you might be onto something...:)