By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The blues

This is an interesting article on toffeeweb

Margin Call on the Everton Gamble

It's long, so I'll just leave the link.

While part of me is enjoying the farce at Everton, it's still fresh in the memory what H&G did to us and how close we were to financial oblivion. So, I do have a lot of sympathy for them. Especially as a lot of my mates are blues.

Their lack of response is odd. If they do get worked up, it seems to be with each other as to whether or not they are entitled to be worried. Loads of 'in moyes we trust' and 'bill is a better blue' blarney. It's as if our reaction to H&G has set the template of what they are determined not to do which is weird seeing as we won. They've had it longer than we did and yet here's the writer of this article who appears to be someone who seems to have a clue going on about them being on the brink of being a top four club just 12 months ago? Nobody would have put serious money on that even if they'd won their first ten games.

TWO Merseyside police officers were suspended amid claims they tried to interfere with an investigation into a derby day brawl.

A football fan had his jaw broken in an attack outside the King Harry pub before Everton’s clash with Liverpool at Anfield in January this year.

The ECHO revealed in March that Merseyside police were probing allegations that two Merseyside police officers, both Everton fans, were involved in the violence that erupted after, and had been placed on restricted duties while the force investigated these claims.

Last week those same two officers – one believed to be a member of the force’s elite anti-gun Matrix unit – were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and have now been suspended.

Today a spokesman for Merseyside Police confirmed the policemen – one a 39-year-old sergeant and the other a 43-year-old constable – had been arrested and suspended from duty, but said they could make no further comment.

Eight people, including the two officers, were arrested last week on Wednesday, August 17.

In addition to the two serving policemen, a 44-year-old man from Broadgreen, a 36-year-old man from Allerton, a 28-year-old man from Bootle, and a 19-year-old man from Huyton were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/08/23/merseyside-police-officers-suspended-as-police-probe-merseyside-derby-day-brawl-100252-29284781/#ixzz1Vq9aGNYK

Both men are expected to use 'The Heysel Defence' in their cases, blaming their actions on pent up frustration from Everton's European ban, which prevented them from being a bigger club than Liverpool.

Whenever this has been discussed, in the papers or on the telly, it's always said how sad it is to see their plight because they've been such a well run club. I'm not entirely sure how being under real threat of insolvency comes about as result of being well run, but there you go.

I want them to have a few years slowly falling down the leagues like Sheff Wed before they go bust.

There were people ringing up Radio Merseyside on Sat saying things like 'in 5 years, we could go down if we don't spend'

They could go down this year, easily. Their squad is s*** enough as it is, but add the negative aura factor and its a real possibility. Look at what happened to us under Hodgson. And we were at a much higher starting point.

And the first person to say 'but i'd miss the derby' gets an online shoeing.

Give me Southampton/Reading/Brighton etc... home and away over playing them lot any day.

Edited by Sion

I want them to have a few years slowly falling down the leagues like Sheff Wed before they go bust.

There were people ringing up Radio Merseyside on Sat saying things like 'in 5 years, we could go down if we don't spend'

They could go down this year, easily. Their squad is s*** enough as it is, but add the negative aura factor and its a real possibility. Look at what happened to us under Hodgson. And we were at a much higher starting point.

And the first person to say 'but i'd miss the derby' gets an online shoeing.

Give me Southampton/Reading/Brighton etc... home and away over playing them lot any day.

This would be living the dream, their big game of the season becomes Tranmere and every couple of years we give them an absolute walloping in the FA Cup.

Whenever this has been discussed, in the papers or on the telly, it's always said how sad it is to see their plight because they've been such a well run club. I'm not entirely sure how being under real threat of insolvency comes about as result of being well run, but there you go.

It's the global economy. Nobody anywhere has any money at all anywhere in the whole wide world.

It's not Bill's fault. He's a blue! He's got a scarf and everything. He reckons Moyes'll manage united when he grows up so he's as blue as they come.

Reading that Toffeeweb piece, he's a one-man G&H

From personal experience in the League of Ireland it was f*cking brilliant when Rovers got relegated and you won't miss the derbies at all. Happiness was general, all the time... Since they were promoted again the matches are the highlight of the season, for sure, and there's even been title run-ins, etc., which obviously doesn't apply to Liverpool/Everton but even they are a poor substitute really for being a league ahead for the whole season.

(Unfortunately Rovers are probably going to get to find out how it feels soon if and when Bohs go amateur/Leinster league/underage/totally bust.)

This is an interesting article on toffeeweb

Margin Call on the Everton Gamble

It's long, so I'll just leave the link.

While part of me is enjoying the farce at Everton, it's still fresh in the memory what H&G did to us and how close we were to financial oblivion. So, I do have a lot of sympathy for them. Especially as a lot of my mates are blues.

Think that that is a really interesting piece.

Are people genuinely talking about paying 20 mill plus for Fellaini though? :/

From personal experience in the League of Ireland it was f*cking brilliant when Rovers got relegated and you won't miss the derbies at all. Happiness was general, all the time... Since they were promoted again the matches are the highlight of the season, for sure, and there's even been title run-ins, etc., which obviously doesn't apply to Liverpool/Everton but even they are a poor substitute really for being a league ahead for the whole season.

(Unfortunately Rovers are probably going to get to find out how it feels soon if and when Bohs go amateur/Leinster league/underage/totally bust.)

Dont worry Coyler, from what I heard Rovers might not be too far behind them.

£16 a ticket, available all areas

If we weren't on the telly I'd be tempted

they'd have to pay me a damn sight more than £16 to watch that pile of s****.

I cringe now when I think back to the days I used to go there on a regular basis for corporate stuff.

Why?

i'll go to any footy. Especially if someone else is paying

from what I hear and read, their supporters have become more and more bitter and nasty over the years.

there was always an undercurrent of jealousy and their fans had a chip on their shoulder, but it's beyond the pale now with so many of their fans.

also, their hospitality wasn't a patch on the Mancs, Leeds and Derby.