Sign in to follow this  
smithdown

The blues

2 hours ago, smithdown said:

Before all this they had given in tbh.  More likely to slag everyone off at their own club to high heaven than go near talking about ours.  Barcelona did for them in the end I think and everything since has been so torturous you literally don’t have to say anything - the morning after the Kids Cup was just their heads buzzing like electric wires without anything to say.  They’ve had months now of wondering whether it’s f***ing worth it when everything we do seems to count double, treble and more.  Might as well be in different divisions.  The only thing that holds them together is the belief that us enjoying this success with songs and flags and all the rest of our bulls*** somehow provides the final damning evidence that we are all c*nts.  I think we are supposed to be like them in our outlook, once a blue always a blue, and cos we aren’t we are all Tories.

But “you’s’ll win it” and “you’re probably the best team in the world” is said, albeit with a thousand yard stare out the window that says unmistakeably “they sprayed our dog”

Royle and then Moyes ruined them. Made them incumbent to the old beezlebub in Old Trafford. Became more in line with those then they did with themselves. 
While never thinking they could be them.

I always compare them to the kid in Charlie Brown who it always rains on.

6 minutes ago, Benzo-13 said:

Royle and then Moyes ruined them. Made them incumbent to the old beezlebub in Old Trafford. Became more in line with those then they did with themselves. 

They have always had hatred, wasnt 'that' bad with Joe Royle but Moyes kicked it on and revved them up, all in lockstep with social media. 

5 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

They have always had hatred, wasnt 'that' bad with Joe Royle but Moyes kicked it on and revved them up, all in lockstep with social media. 

Yeah the bitterness stepped up. Though they’d a run of managers who were pals with Ferguson. 
I always remember running into Scouse girls in Cyprus 20yrs ago and when they found out me and my mate were reds they went a bit mad.

14 minutes ago, Benzo-13 said:

Not wishing to derail this, but what character in Charlie Brown is that?

3 minutes ago, Gerry said:

Not wishing to derail this, but what character in Charlie Brown is that?

Actually it was an episode of Charlie Brown* that a cloud followed around himself! 😆😅

*Thanks Google!

Edited by Benzo-13

5 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I have a theory they hate us so much because they can’t really hate the member of family who made them a blue. Use us a front for their frustration.

My cousin (61) has become a nightmare about football, she never used to hate us this much. Can barely talk about it now.

One of my closest and most trusted friends is a blue.

We basically just agree to not talk about football, although he does occasionally have a little poke in a ex-work colleagues WhatsApp group which is me, him and three other reds and then gets a sulk on when he gets demolished.

He genuinely absolutley loathes us and I dare say will have let himself down at times with where it has taken him.

But then he stood next to me outside St Georgoe's Hall singing YNWA in 2016.

They are a complex bunch.

Was there one moment that distorted the "friendly rivalry" (if that was ever really true) or has it been a gradual resentment because of the different directions the clubs have gone in since the 80's?

50 minutes ago, Boca said:

Was there one moment that distorted the "friendly rivalry" (if that was ever really true) or has it been a gradual resentment because of the different directions the clubs have gone in since the 80's?

I'm probably not best placed to judge, but it felt like it soured around the Gary Mac derby. Them disrupting the Hboro minutes silence and then us winning it like that. Moyes kind of stirred the pot, and whatever season it was we started singing that particular Li-ver-pool chant (I'd say 01/02 or 02/03, copied from Arsenal), that they mimicked to throw back at us for their Murderers chant. This all went into 5th gear after Istanbul, their love in with United began shortly after as they turned to s***. United always used to go to nastier places than the Ev, feigning ignorance as they do. Everton pretty much copy their songbook and behaviour now, and it comes across worse from them I'd say, with the previous friendliness and their obvious proximity in everyday life.

If I was going to pick one moment I'd say Istanbul actually, because of the above. They'd say Heysel, but the friendly derby existed until at least 10 years later for me, so that would be disingenuous from them, surprise surprise.

Edited by Jarg Armani

Not quite sure 'You won one trophy between 1923 and 1964' is quite as good a burn as he thought in his head is it? 'What we're living now is bad, but that thing you don't remember was MUCH WORSE'. 

The Wimbledon game was a watershed for them perhaps, a side of them came out then that wasn’t cool at all.  The screaming desperation they had about them that day hasn’t ever quite gone away. 

On 20/05/2020 at 13:51, kop205 said:

Yeah pretty much what Jarg said.

Even the basically sound ones still have a pretty rabid hatred of us though.

Must be proper s*** being an Everton fan though. They're the Danny DeVito to our Arnold Schwarzenneger.

On 20/05/2020 at 10:37, Swipe said:

For you local lads - what are Everton fans really like IRL? Don’t have too many in Ireland and part of me wants to think the internet version of them isn’t truly reflective.

Another part kind of does. The miserable f***ing shower. They’re astonishing on twitter. 

Genuinely depends. Two of my best mates are blues and they're genuinely sound. Although in fairness one of them completely lost faith in them and I don't think he's that arsed.

There was one fella on our road who was genuinely angry with life and unbearable to an unprecedented level. 

They’re fascinating. The obsession is mad. My wife’s uncle is a Celtic fan and their obsession with rangers and vice versa is the only comparable thing to my eyes. Although bad Mancs are up there too. 

Hating a rival is fine but there’s lads on twitter who only ever seem to talk about Liverpool. That merro clown. Although I suspect he’s just “fishing” as internet c**** would say.