Sign in to follow this  
smithdown

The blues

Pickford saying he doesn't listen to criticism.  And the only reason he gets stick is because he's an England player - cites Joe Hart as an example of an English 'keeper with unfair criticism.

This lad's going to be on the bench at Cardiff or Ipswich in two years.

Reckons he's lucky he didn't do his ACL on the one he let in on Saturday.

I've not seen it to be fair bit onnyhe face of it that is an absolutely mad shout.

He's absolutely terrible.

Pickford saying he doesn't listen to criticism. And the only reason he gets stick is because he's an England player - cites Joe Hart as an example of an English 'keeper with unfair criticism.

This lad's going to be on the bench at Cardiff or Ipswich in two years.

Lol. Literally living in the opposite world to everyone else.

Can't see Ancelotti sticking with him beyond the summer.

For you local lads - what are Everton fans really like IRL? Don’t have too many in Ireland and part of me wants to think the internet version of them isn’t truly reflective.

Another part kind of does. The miserable f***ing shower. They’re astonishing on twitter. 

Edited by Swipe

33 minutes ago, Swipe said:

For you local lads - what are Everton fans really like IRL? Don’t have too many in Ireland and part of me wants to think the internet version of them isn’t truly reflective.

Another part kind of does. The miserable f***ing shower. They’re astonishing on twitter. 

They’re funny. The sound ones do exist, generally got some sort of well balanced lives outside of football so they can ignore that whole twisted mess.

The other ones are very quiet. The quiet ones IRL are the ones who are lively online. These are the ones who spend a lot of their lives lying to themselves about things, creating an edifice of a moral high ground where almost anything can be blamed on us. The genuine health and safety concerns blues are the most recent incarnation. They have told themselves for so long that it isn’t about us that some of them actually believe it.

It’s hard to get a chat about Everton going with them IRL. That’s the other thing. Just a straight forward conversation about their team without mentioning their rivals, total minefield. They don’t want it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Before all this they had given in tbh.  More likely to slag everyone off at their own club to high heaven than go near talking about ours.  Barcelona did for them in the end I think and everything since has been so torturous you literally don’t have to say anything - the morning after the Kids Cup was just their heads buzzing like electric wires without anything to say.  They’ve had months now of wondering whether it’s f***ing worth it when everything we do seems to count double, treble and more.  Might as well be in different divisions.  The only thing that holds them together is the belief that us enjoying this success with songs and flags and all the rest of our bulls*** somehow provides the final damning evidence that we are all c*nts.  I think we are supposed to be like them in our outlook, once a blue always a blue, and cos we aren’t we are all Tories.

But “you’s’ll win it” and “you’re probably the best team in the world” is said, albeit with a thousand yard stare out the window that says unmistakeably “they sprayed our dog”

Edited by smithdown
  • Like 1

Imagine being those who've spent the last few month actually begging for football to be cancelled, who know it's still highly possible that have to see Liverpool win the thing on their patch. 

Genuinely don't know how some of those Twitter ones get up in the morning. 

2 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

It’s not that long ago that they were spending lots of money on all the players. I bet that was a hopeful time. 

The stadium stuff - they don’t know what to do, it’s like don’t mention it in front of the reds***e cos they’ll say something, such as “yeah it’s only a cartoon on a website so far though you do know that”, but amongst themselves when you overhear then and they forget themselves there’s sunlit uplands down by the docks that will be their Shangri la’s.