By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Singapore / Kuala Lumpur

ChrisC

So I'm hopefully moving out to one of the above in the next few months for work (I'm about 70% certain it will be KL) and wanted to see if anyone on here lives there now or had any advice for me on moving / living etc.

I've lived in SE-Asia before so pretty well accumstomed to Thailand and Hong Kong, but any help on KL would be much appreciated.

Ta.

not been keen on KL the times i've visited. beer is bloody expensive there as well.

Thats why i am avoiding it when I come over in Dec.

Its expensive in Singapore too, but i'm visiting my cousin there who will expense all my food and drink!!!! :thumbs:

Thats why i am avoiding it when I come over in Dec.

Its expensive in Singapore too, but i'm visiting my cousin there who will expense all my food and drink!!!! :thumbs:

KL just feels quite moody and oppressive to me. not a fan. there are tons of better cities in se asia.

KL just feels quite moody and oppressive to me. not a fan. there are tons of better cities in se asia.

I got that vibe too. Its a bit like they resent the rapid modernising or the fact they'll always lag behind singapore.

Cab drivers were right c****.

That said, an easy drive to langkawi or cherating which more then makes up for it.

I got that vibe too. Its a bit like they resent the rapid modernising or the fact they'll always lag behind singapore.

Cab drivers were right c****.

That said, an easy drive to langkawi or cherating which more then makes up for it.

Singapore is dull unless you like shopping, though the food is good. KL is much better.

Hope this helps.

not been keen on KL the times i've visited. beer is bloody expensive there as well.

Really? Ive never paid more than £3 or so in some of the bars ive been to when I was there last (admittedly over 5 years ago),. but Ive heard its expensive compared to Thailand, especially for the imported beers.

You beauty!

been to both recently and if I was going to choose one to move to it would probably be SG - seems a tad more civilised, cleaner and closer to a 'western' culture. KL is huge and a bit more hectic - cheaper than SG. KL is also, in my view, hotter, smoggier and stinkier than SG!

but you'd really need Patsy's opinions here!

I live in KL so if I can be of any help, do let me know and I'll do my best to assist.

I'll definitely be taking you up on that! Have you got an email address I could reach you by? Hoping I could ask a few basics about living costs etc.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

did you ever meet patsy? she used to post on here and had been over to england quite a few times. think what she doesn't know about singapore isn't worth knowing.

Cheers Stevie, no I've never met her but would be great to pick her brains on a few things, does she still post on here at all?

Cheers Stevie, no I've never met her but would be great to pick her brains on a few things, does she still post on here at all?

not for a long time but i'm sure she wouldn't mind. what's your email addy? i can drop her a line for you if you want.