Sign in to follow this  
badtodabone

what book are you reading at the moment

I have started reading all the star wars books, can't f***ing help it, embarrassing.Only about another 70 to go.

Get straight on the Timothy Zahn ones.

I recommend the trilogy;

'Heir to the Empire', 'Dark Force Rising' and 'The Last Command'.

Edited by stressederic

Orlando Figes - A People's Traged: The Russian Revolution 1917-1924

Great book, strange man.

Blood Meridian is excellent. Pretty vile story, but excellent.

Agreed. The Judge is an incredible character.

51t7VWLfhuL._AA115_.jpg

rather enjoyed this something a bit different than i normally read

haha is right, f*** off Roy!

I haven't read anything since Invisible by Paul Auster the other month.

Much like smithdown's mate in the cast thread, I've pretty much decided that Auster will do for me.

Other authors are sound and everything, but he's doing pretty much everything I need, so I'll just stick to Auster.

Just started the Santaland Diaries - so far, so bitter and twisted :D

haha is right, f*** off Roy!

I haven't read anything since Invisible by Paul Auster the other month.

Much like smithdown's mate in the cast thread, I've pretty much decided that Auster will do for me.

Other authors are sound and everything, but he's doing pretty much everything I need, so I'll just stick to Auster.

Mr Vertigo is top drawer.

Currently reading through 'Shampoo Planet' by Douglas Coupland. Read most of his stuff and I still can't decide whether I like him or hate him.

Half-way through 'The Ball Is Round' by David Goldblatt, which is a very interesting read but I've fallen off the wagon with of late. Same can be said of 'Coming From Behind' by Howard Jacobson.

Going to be ordering 'Good As Gold' by Joseph Heller later, think it's about time I read it seeing as my favourite book is 'Something Happened'.

In regards to Kate Atkinson, there's a copy of 'Case Histories' floating around at work, should I read it?

In regards to Kate Atkinson, there's a copy of 'Case Histories' floating around at work, should I read it?

You might as well, you've given up on every other book

Only two, which I'm still getting through!

Now now, no need to get defensive ;)

Helmet for my Pillow - Robert Leckie.

After watching the "Pacific" series.

I'm reading With the old breed by Eugene Sledge

Just started (and finished because it's only 100 pages long) reading The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway. Brilliant from start to finish. First Hemingway i've read, but it definately won't be the last.

Now onto A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess. I love the film (although how much of that is Kubrick's doing im unsure), so hopefully the book will take my fancy too. I've only read a chapter and it's already quite wierd. The language in it is something else, it would be impossible to read for someone who didn't have English as their first language. Half the words aren't even real, you have to basically discover their meaning from the context. Reading it should be a fun experience.

The sandman. Got these 2nd hand and have read the first three. Well done neill gaimon

Really must read those

Just started (and finished because it's only 100 pages long) reading The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway. Brilliant from start to finish. First Hemingway i've read, but it definately won't be the last.

Now onto A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess. I love the film (although how much of that is Kubrick's doing im unsure), so hopefully the book will take my fancy too. I've only read a chapter and it's already quite wierd. The language in it is something else, it would be impossible to read for someone who didn't have English as their first language. Half the words aren't even real, you have to basically discover their meaning from the context. Reading it should be a fun experience.

read clockwork orange a long timeago there is a dictionary at the back but its a much better read if try without using it much still a good read though

Just started (and finished because it's only 100 pages long) reading The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway. Brilliant from start to finish.

that's good

Book is much better than the film.

I'm reading With the old breed by Eugene Sledge

I got them both at the same time.

I'll leave a it a bit before that one,i've got the second of the "Girl" trilogy to do.

Jo Nesbo's The Snowman. Quite enjoying it at the moment, though the time shifting is a little confusing sometimes.