Sign in to follow this  
Swipe

Targets + transfer thread

Without Europe we can do with Carroll and kuyt up front and give wickham another season.

Also, if he is 18 signing him now makes sense as he is considered home grown isn't he?

Finally I called Raul leaving this summer as my big call! :-) no inside info but proves my football thinking is ok. I remember calling for Henderson and wickham during last season too as a good fit but no way I'm going looking for those posts, god knows what other crap I have posted comes to light!!

Raul us because he us 28. Either we sell him now or keep

Him forever as we won't get value next year. I reckon Italy would suit him well.

Not that he needs it, but a damning indictment of purslow and hodgson last summer with Cole konchesky poorson brad jones and Raul all by the exit door.

Quick rollcall too. Assuming that pfk, poorson, Cole, Raul and Aurelio are gone, who are the oldest players we have? Carra kuyt gerrard reina as 34 31 31 and 29 is that correct?

Personally think we need Wickham now. Carroll will have his fair share of injuries and we need another target man in his absence.

He's likely do develop more at Anfield with the likes of Suarez, Carroll etc than at Ipswich.

Pardew is resigned to Enrique leaving.

Personally think we need Wickham now. Carroll will have his fair share of injuries and we need another target man in his absence.

He's likely do develop more at Anfield with the likes of Suarez, Carroll etc than at Ipswich.

Agree. Be very surprised if we loaned him out tbh.

I dont get this "selling Raul" that people are talking about. Ok hes 28, still he had a good first season with us, the only recruitment from last summer thats done anything positive. You dont go replacing the working parts before youve replaced the broken ones IMO, but then again im no mechanic.

Rory Smith, the telegraph:

Yes, seems #LFC are looking at Scott Dann. Not sure where he ranks on list of targets, though. That's probably a crucial bit of info.

Rory Smith, the telegraph:

Yes, seems #LFC are looking at Scott Dann. Not sure where he ranks on list of targets, though. That's probably a crucial bit of info.

Dann is a LFC fan and is desperate to join us. Maybe we want him, but probably not for the price that Brum want.

I dont get this "selling Raul" that people are talking about. Ok hes 28, still he had a good first season with us, the only recruitment from last summer thats done anything positive. You dont go replacing the working parts before youve replaced the broken ones IMO, but then again im no mechanic.

I like him but he's a bit of a jack of all trades master of none imo.

I like him but he's a bit of a jack of all trades master of none imo.

I agree on that, but I dont see it as a weakness, and I believe hes shown us that much over the season. Kenny found out how to utilise him and im sure Meireles will do his share to help us progress next season as well.

Its just that I saw Kenny at a Wilmslow sports agency a few years back when he wasn't a manager and I remember thinking how he's still kept in touch with the business of the game.

Was it Proactive? I saw him there in 2005.

I agree on that, but I dont see it as a weakness, and I believe hes shown us that much over the season. Kenny found out how to utilise him and im sure Meireles will do his share to help us progress next season as well.

Reckon he'll be a lot more marginalised next season though. I'd be surprised if he left after a season but with his age and the new players coming in I could understand why DC/Kenny would be giving it some serious thought.

This place is weird lol

I'm seriously perplexed at all these posts advocating selling Raul because it's our last chance to cash in as he's at that near retirement age of 28 :wacko:

Just asking but everyone knows we're a elite club and not a selling one right?? Kenny's building a squad to challenge for titles and we're in a better place to achieve those aims with Raul rather than have sell him because 'it's our last chance to recoup'

For what it's worth i think Raul will be pretty important to us next season and i also reckon we'll see an awful lot of rotation.

Edited by lfc003

This place is weird lol

I'm seriously perplexed at all these posts advocating selling Raul because it's our last chance to cash in as he's at that near retirement age of 28 :wacko:

Just asking but everyone knows we're a elite club and not a selling one right?? Kenny's building a squad to challenge for titles and we're in a better place to achieve those aims with Raul rather than have sell him because 'it's our last chance to recoup'

For what it's worth i think Raul will be pretty important to us next season and i also reckon we'll see an awful lot of rotation.

I think there is nuance going on in working out why it could happen, doesn't have to mean there are calls for him to be sold.

Do any of you really rate Scott Dann? I know he is a red and he'd love to play for us, but I think there might be better options to look at in the same price range. Not undermining the work of Comolli and Kenny here, just trying to find out if signing Dann would mean a change to the starting eleven or simply an extension of the squad.

Would be nice to see us take a chance on Erik Lamela of River Plate. Just 19 and very good.

Shares Kenny's birthday too....not the same year of course

Wheres that guy who says stuff like En Rique and Matuilda? I want a full and frank update of where potential signings will fit in in formations, complete with humorous misspellings.

Wheres that guy who says stuff like En Rique and Matuilda? I want a full and frank update of where potential signings will fit in in formations, complete with humorous misspellings.

I believe you are referring to kop205

Do any of you really rate Scott Dann? I know he is a red and he'd love to play for us, but I think there might be better options to look at in the same price range. Not undermining the work of Comolli and Kenny here, just trying to find out if signing Dann would mean a change to the starting eleven or simply an extension of the squad.

i'll be a little disappointed if scott dann is so high on our list of centrebacks. he's not bad but i think we could and should be aiming a bit higher right now.

I like Raul. Played very well in Kenny's pass and move football. Also, at 28 he is hardly old, especially since he is not a player who relies on pace and power as the main aspects of his game. He has years in him yet.

i'll be a little disappointed if scott dann is so high on our list of centrebacks. he's not bad but i think we could and should be aiming a bit higher right now.

Is 'higher' a euphemsim for 'Frenchier' Stevie ? ;)

Is 'higher' a euphemsim for 'Frenchier' Stevie ? ;)

no, not at all dave. i've a massive concern that even the best young talents from france like sakho and lovren could take a year to adjust to the pace of english football. so there's a huge case for buying domestic. but i'd have cahill ahead of dann for one example. think dann's alright but not necessarily better than that.

I believe you are referring to kop205

I believe you are mistaking me for someone else.

But feel free to find the evidence to prove me wrong.

Which might be tough given as though I'm hardly a prolific poster in the transfer thread, where presumably all these errors would be found.

Though I did say Suarez was from Paraguay.

Edited by kop205

no, not at all dave. i've a massive concern that even the best young talents from france like sakho and lovren could take a year to adjust to the pace of english football. so there's a huge case for buying domestic. but i'd have cahill ahead of dann for one example. think dann's alright but not necessarily better than that.

I'd rather have cahill too, its gone quiet on him though.