Sign in to follow this  
Mike

the new anfield

£160M to redevelop. £300M to build new.

A £100M sponsorship deal would leave just £40M in the difference. Finishing the new stadium a year earlier than a redevelopment would nearly close that gap.

Just 300m still? But yes that must have been considered, also think they would have wanted more from a sponsorship deal and were probably unable to find one

A £100M sponsorship deal would leave just £40M in the difference. Finishing the new stadium a year earlier than a redevelopment would nearly close that gap.

where do those figures come from?

Surely if it were that simple they wouldn't keep saying it wasn't

Interest repayments on a 300m loan, far surpasses the loan repayments on 150m.

Also a 100m stadium sponsorship would be paid out over the course of 10 years for example, not in 1 hit.

They need to buy the Albert, that pub across the road from it, and that newish church on Walton Breck Road.

Knock the lot down, re-route the road, and make the Kop huge.

Am I the only one who's a little disappointed about this?

I love Anfield, but it's old and outdated and a 60.000 seat capacity isn't building for the future (it's hardly building for todays demand). Even though Anfield is filled with history, we, the fans, are the ones who creates the mood on game day. We will continue to do so in a new park.

The design for the new stadium in Stanley Park left by H&G was the only good thing they left us and it would be a beacon for many, many years.

So, something new, inventive and with the capacity of 70.000-80.000 would ensure our future capacity wise, and the naming rights would have been much easier to sell than to try and rename Anfield.

Interest repayments on a 300m loan, far surpasses the loan repayments on 150m.

Also a 100m stadium sponsorship would be paid out over the course of 10 years for example, not in 1 hit.

Not necessarily, Arsenal's was paid up front as they needed to pay a whack of the construction costs, may also be why it seemed and seems a modest deal

They need to buy the Albert, that pub across the road from it, and that newish church on Walton Breck Road.

Knock the lot down, re-route the road, and make the Kop huge.

'they' are not going to do anything

Am I the only one who's a little disappointed about this?

I love Anfield, but it's old and outdated and a 60.000 seat capacity isn't building for the future (it's hardly building for todays demand). Even though Anfield is filled with history, we, the fans, are the ones who creates the mood on game day. We will continue to do so in a new park.

The design for the new stadium in Stanley Park left by H&G was the only good thing they left us and it would be a beacon for many, many years.

So, something new, inventive and with the capacity of 70.000-80.000 would ensure our future capacity wise, and the naming rights would have been much easier to sell than to try and rename Anfield.

I think there's a one step at a time process going on here. If they can get it up to 60,000 and we can fill it every week, then we might see them look at the Kemlyn and the Kop in 5-10 years.

There were big problems with the Hicks design, there's a good big thread on RAWK on how it wouldn't have been a good football stadium at all. I was excited about it at first, but the deeper you dug, the more I think we were fortunate not to go down that route.

Notwithstanding the fact it'd have bankrupted us and him.

'they' are not going to do anything

I think they'll do something here Molby, I really do. They've done it with Fenway and I think now they've got the council on side they'll do it here. I think the debt will go on the club though.

I'd really like to see them look to the fans for some of the funding in the form of a share offering and I'd like to see pressure applied for that. Don't think it'll happen though.

1. That they have conclusively established that a renovated Anfield AND no naming rights is the most economically viable way to increase revenue? Absolutely tremendous result.

2. That picture of Shanks in the dressing room with the team all lined up around the benches on walls is tremendous. Like The Last Supper but not as sad. Where can I buy one that size?

3. The Echo loading autoplay video on their site is a pain in the rocks.

If they really are talking in terms of an ultimate 67,000 then that would be more than enough.

Where has that figure come from Dus ?

Where has that figure come from Dus ?

Not sure where it came from originally, someone mentioned it on here in the last couple of days.

If they were Duncan Jenkinsing us then they should receive a torrent of s**** through their postbox.

I wonder what will happen to the Stanley park site. Will the club hold onto it for possible future use or will they let the planning go and return it to park land ?

It's frustrating to not see any plans for this, probably for a long time now.