By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

When's Suarez coming?

Frosty Jack

Well impressed with him he will be fecking brilliant for us....................................and he didn't even have to bite anyone.

Didn't you notice? he just flashed those pearly whites, and all the defenders backed off! (now thats what I call a reputation).:lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just listening to the world football show from the weekend and vickery's raving about suarez. right time to move to england, right league for him, really physical player who loves cutting in from wide on the diagonal, great workrate etc. says his best position is wide right of a front set up and reckons he'll be a real success in england.

Although very different players I see a lot of similarity in Suarez's situation with when Torres joined us. Similar age, both had made their reputations as a star for 'smaller' clubs (in Suarez's case more a smaller league as Ajax are a great club) and this move is intended to take them up to the next level of the game. It certainly worked for Torres, and I see it working for Suarez in the same way - making him one of the big names in the game.

His movement, touch, technique and goalscoring instinct are phenomenal and he's not short of pace either - he is very quick over a few yards and when turning. Trying to think who you could compare him with but not sure really - maybe a bit like Aguero? I think watching him last night you can see just how perfectly he and Carroll are made for each other. Suarez will make an absolute killing from his knockdowns with his movement and instinct.

Edited by Leo No.8

Saw this on RAWK :

“He [Dalglish] is a person who you respect after only a few minutes of conversation,” Suarez told LFC Weekly in his first exclusive interview with the written media since arriving at Anfield.

“He tried to speak to me in Spanish – ‘hola, bienvenido’ (hello and welcome) – the basics and that impressed me. Obviously, he is a legend at this club…in this city, but I think it’s very important to judge people as you see them rather than just what you hear. He has lived up to that legend in my eyes.

“I could see quickly that Dalglish is a manager and a person who I can relate to and he is very determined to make the team play with a certain image – the kind of attractive football that I want to be a part of.

“He was very keen to bring me here and if there is one person that was influential in my signing it was him. He is very ambitious about the club and is confident he can lead the club back to the top. Now I am here, I do not want to disappoint him in any way.”

Playing up front for Liverpool brings a lot of pressure for a young South American – pressure that is added to by the fact he will wear the coveted number seven shirt once worn by his new manager. Suarez is happy to deal with the expectation.

“Ajax made me realise that it’s important to keep a perspective on life and football,” he reflects. “I am aware that the fee Liverpool paid for me was big, but I’m not going to worry about that. There will be a pressure from the outside for me to succeed but every time I set foot on to a football pitch, I want to enjoy it. There is no point being here if I don’t enjoy it.

“Some players can become obsessed with the pressure and trying to deal with it, but I think it is important to be yourself - try your best and believe in yourself.”

Saw this on RAWK :

“He [Dalglish] is a person who you respect after only a few minutes of conversation,” Suarez told LFC Weekly in his first exclusive interview with the written media since arriving at Anfield.

“He tried to speak to me in Spanish – ‘hola, bienvenido’ (hello and welcome) – the basics and that impressed me. Obviously, he is a legend at this club…in this city, but I think it’s very important to judge people as you see them rather than just what you hear. He has lived up to that legend in my eyes.

“I could see quickly that Dalglish is a manager and a person who I can relate to and he is very determined to make the team play with a certain image – the kind of attractive football that I want to be a part of.

“He was very keen to bring me here and if there is one person that was influential in my signing it was him. He is very ambitious about the club and is confident he can lead the club back to the top. Now I am here, I do not want to disappoint him in any way.”

that's f***ing ace isn't it?

For someone recently banned for biting an opponent, I'd have to hold my hands up and say he's got his head on just about right. I'll back him in any instance where he feels anyone's head needs biting off.

Hah, what are the odds Commoli and Kenny just didn't bother telling Roy about Suarez?

Or they kept telling him about him, but every time Roy tried to think about Suarez, the only picture that kept entering his mind was of Bobby Zamora standing with his foot on a ball, giving him the thumbs up.

Then Sir Alex naked, holding a bottle of red and looking at him with those red tinged, piggy come to bed eyes.

Edited by Leo No.8

If there is someone he reminds me of, then it'd have to be Tevez. Similar busy style with lots of individual skill and good finishing capability to boot. Like it.

Suarez mentioned Tevez himself, something like he's great at City my style similar and should suit English football

isn't it nice to be comparing a signing to tevez and villa? pretty sure i don't remember much comparing of konchesky to maldini and robert o'carlos.

Wouldn't be gutted with Konchesky, he's a big lad.

Konchesky is better than Insua too, and thats even taking into account Insua's recent ascension into the realms of footballing gods.

Get on the PFK bandwagon!

His movement, touch, technique and goalscoring instinct are phenomenal and he's not short of pace either - he is very quick over a few yards and when turning. Trying to think who you could compare him with but not sure really - maybe a bit like Aguero?

Aguero, despite being clearly Argentine, reminds me of Romario.

Suarez = The new Romario?