• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny helps sign kid from crewe. 16 year old, highly regarded.

Just a note that Kenny is still a legend for young players in the game. Maybe not across Europe, but in England and the north west I reckon there are many kids still in awe on the king.

Just a note that Kenny is still a legend for young players in the game. Maybe not across Europe, but in England and the north west I reckon there are many kids still in awe on the king.

The kid wasn't born when he managed us last, let alone played.

I know what you mean, kenny has his own aura anyway, but a 16 year old wont have grown up with kenny as a legend unless his family are Liverpool fans.

Is that really the best you can do ?

Shall we re-focus on your intial complaint tha RFH should have had more time ?

Give over Bailo.

We can certainly re-focus on that, when you show me where I said that.

We can certainly re-focus on that, when you show me where I said that.

Unfortunately I havent got my head round this multi-quoting, and I dont think this is going to get us anywhere if I did.

I stand by my orignal point ( accepting I'd got the timespans wrong). I doubt you and I are going to agree on how much longer Kenny should be given. I believe that he will take the club forward, you obviously have your doubts.

Unfortunately I havent got my head round this multi-quoting, and I dont think this is going to get us anywhere if I did.

I stand by my orignal point ( accepting I'd got the timespans wrong). I doubt you and I are going to agree on how much longer Kenny should be given. I believe that he will take the club forward, you obviously have your doubts.

I get the impression you've had a name change and you're a regular on here - I have genuinely played the post and not the poster so I don't know your pre-existing feelings on Kenny. I don't think we're miles apart on how long he should get, my point really is no-one in modern football gets that long anymore. You can criticise modern football plenty for that, but as a club were not immune either, having made quick (sometimes justifiable) decisions.

Erm, he has many failings but I haven't seen Bailo suggest that Kenny shouldn't be given more time, in fact I think he's said that he should.

Unless I'n mistaken his point was that if you're going to use an argument to prove something it shod be applied equally.

E.g. if you site Ferguson as a reason to give Kenny more time, you should then also apply the same principle to Hodgson, Rafa or Ged. That's very different from him suggesting Kenny should be sacked.

He is a massive weirdo however

People just say stuff like that. Shane Long said he joined WBA cos he really wanted to work with Roy

Ahead of Sunday's home date with West Brom, Dalglish said: "I was asked to come back here and it was an honour and a privilege to do so. There was no hesitation in my decision, and if I was asked again tomorrow, I would do exactly the same thing.

"For me, the aim was to move the club forward and that is what we're all trying to do to the best of our ability.

"But if the progress stops, then something else needs to be looked at.

"Where the line is going to be drawn, I don't know. I am sure that everyone will have set different targets that they would see as being progress.

"But the most important people here are the people who own the football club, and the people who support the football club.

"I think they will be better judges than anyone else."

Dalglish added: "I don't know whether winning the Carling Cup and reaching the FA Cup final means we have been successful.

"People have to judge for themselves and if they still want to batter me that's also up to them.

"It doesn't matter what happens to Kenny Dalglish. All that matters is Liverpool Football Club. As long as this club doesn't suffer, then that's okay with me. I'll just come into work every day, work as hard as I can and live up to my responsibilities, and we will see what happens from there."

My link

Ahead of Sunday's home date with West Brom, Dalglish said: "I was asked to come back here and it was an honour and a privilege to do so. There was no hesitation in my decision, and if I was asked again tomorrow, I would do exactly the same thing.

"For me, the aim was to move the club forward and that is what we're all trying to do to the best of our ability.

"But if the progress stops, then something else needs to be looked at.

"Where the line is going to be drawn, I don't know. I am sure that everyone will have set different targets that they would see as being progress.

"But the most important people here are the people who own the football club, and the people who support the football club.

"I think they will be better judges than anyone else."

Dalglish added: "I don't know whether winning the Carling Cup and reaching the FA Cup final means we have been successful.

"People have to judge for themselves and if they still want to batter me that's also up to them.

"It doesn't matter what happens to Kenny Dalglish. All that matters is Liverpool Football Club. As long as this club doesn't suffer, then that's okay with me. I'll just come into work every day, work as hard as I can and live up to my responsibilities, and we will see what happens from there."

My link

Come and sack me plea if I ever heard one. ;)