The most salient info I've retained through this period was from the Anfield Wrap podcast - Ferguson finished 14th in his 4th season. Ferguson didnt win anything until his 6th season. This was at a time when Utd were going through a 26 (think its 26 yrs, could be wrong ) year period without winning the league.

People would be well advised to remember this when reviewing Kenny's achievements this season.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reina, Gerrard need to show a good bit more.

Dirk and Carra, if retained, need to accept their lesser roles and show a good bit more when they play. Bellamy is fine, Ditto Maxi, if retained.

Suarez needs to keep his head right and the rest will follow.

Johnson and Agger need to find their best form, stay fit and just play - they're wonderful footballers.

Skrts needs to do the same again.

Enrique needs to find form, listen to the coached and improve or be shipped out. Ditto Downing.

All the new young signings and young local lads need to step up 15-30% and become consistent.

Lucas needs to be back to Lucas.

Add 3 / 4 quality players and we're good.

Not much, then??

The most salient info I've retained through this period was from the Anfield Wrap podcast - Ferguson finished 14th in his 4th season. Ferguson didnt win anything until his 6th season. This was at a time when Utd were going through a 26 (think its 26 yrs, could be wrong ) year period without winning the league.

People would be well advised to remember this when reviewing Kenny's achievements this season.

So why was RFH not given that length of time? Why wasn't Rafa?

It's a bit pick and choose.

Edited by Bailo

They're facts ( although the 26 yrs is subject to my ailing memory).

Think it was evident to anyone that had ever seen football that Hodgson was not the man for the job.

Someone else decided Rafa had taken the club as far as he could.

What would be wrong in choosing to give Dalglish more time than we gave Hodgson? I think Benitez had earned the right to have 2010 written off but we know he was embroiled in a battle that wasn't really about how s*** the season was.

It was very s*** though.

What would be wrong in choosing to give Dalglish more time than we gave Hodgson? I think Benitez had earned the right to have 2010 written off but we know he was embroiled in a battle that wasn't really about how s*** the season was.

It was very s*** though.

Totally agree and of course RFH should have gone well before he did. Kenny also of course deserves more time. But trotting out how Ferguson was given time is a bit pointless when we chased out the last two managers well before they reached Ferguson's length of service. We all know when we see something that is wrong. And we've been wrong a lot on (and off) the pitch this season, hence the atmosphere on here sometimes.

wasn't even aware accounts had been published detailing any of FSGs activities yet!

It relates to our previous activity and where we were pre-takeover. Its easy to deduce that the wage bill has reduced with the players that left on higher wages than the ones fact were brought in

It relates to our previous activity and where we were pre-takeover. Its easy to deduce that the wage bill has reduced with the players that left on higher wages than the ones fact were brought in

see - now you're making me look things up - which is annoying ;)

last accounts published May 2011

which relate to Aug 2009 to July 2010

dunno what we can deduce about FSG from that tbh

Because the owners realised the mistake of signing him as manager and shipped him out. He's a manager suited for smaller clubs.

If any doubts... I am talking about Roy Hodgson.

Edited by Foo

Not much, then??

I don't think it IS to be honest, Swipe, mate. The senior players, in particular, should stand up to the mark - be THE men for Liverpool Football Club that will take the next generation of players and implicitly pull them into the honour of playing for our club. They do need to do more than this season.

I've said over and over that it isn't the fault of the newbies that they have stayed fit while the keystones of this team have weakened. Next year they'll have that year behind them,long term injuries to key players behind them, the Suarez affair behind them, Kenny will, MUST have learned and the young players, signings and locals, will have the first year monkey off their backs - hell, IF we win the FA Cup, and it'll be so hard, the likes of Kelly, Jay, Henderson, Carroll, Flanno, Shelvey, what momentum they'll carry into next season.

We all know where THE main signing must be made. Get that right and one or two more quality signings and I promise you - we'll start to fly.

I agree with the section in bold but I hold that not being a prick towards Kenny is important because it offends me. I'm not arsed whether someone suggests maxi is under utilised or Henderson was a bad signing but it pisses me off when a Liverpool fan would have Kennys contribution to this club swing on 45 minutes of football. It's not about what it means to him it's that I think not being a dick towards the person who's given more to the club than anyone else is or should be a fundamental part of being a red.

There you go again. Out of context, misrepresenting as you call it. And it's this you refer to despite people calling him clueless.

There you go again. Out of context, misrepresenting as you call it. And it's this you refer to despite people calling him clueless.

well, he has a point

45 minutes to save his management career ?

Team selection and ' tactics ' have been a f***ing joke

So this is still going on is it?

It'll run until next Sunday when we play again, then that result will dictate the argument until the next match.

Or until everybody gets bored, whichever comes first.

Kenny needs time, no argument from me but the info regarding Ferguson is wrong.

He joined Utd in 86, won the cup in 90 and the cup winners cup the following year.

Very valid point this, although Ferguson finished 13th in his 4th, and won the FA cup that very season. Came 2nd in his second season, but it still took him till his 7th to win the league. Came 2nd and won the league cup in his 6th season.

Point is, Kenny needs at least one more season. At the very least.

Totally agree and of course RFH should have gone well before he did. Kenny also of course deserves more time. But trotting out how Ferguson was given time is a bit pointless when we chased out the last two managers well before they reached Ferguson's length of service. We all know when we see something that is wrong. And we've been wrong a lot on (and off) the pitch this season, hence the atmosphere on here sometimes.

You're making yourself look more stupid than I'd given you credit for. Its far from pointless pointing out the time that Ferguson was given as it demostrates that if a club believes in its manager then he will be given time, and by club that should also include fans.

Interesting that you're contradicting yourself about RFH, as it was you who questioned why he had been let go so soon.