By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Manchester United

Red Kent

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remarkable coup...

Two years ago we went there and thumped them 4-1.

to be fair we have lost 6 of the last 7 there, however 'remarkable coup' is just another in a litany from the garrulous old goat

Bit of myth this. The scoreline doesn't reflect the actual game. We were on the backfoot for a lot it but took our chances well.

To be honest, thats how I saw it but I got shot down in a hail of bullets.

I think we played incredibly well but it was one of those games where we scored some of our few chances though we always looked dangerous when we did move forward. After the sending off though I do remember 2 very clear chances that were missed by Babel and Gerrard.

Bit of myth this. The scoreline doesn't reflect the actual game. We were on the backfoot for a lot it but took our chances well.

there was a 10 minutes period in the second half where they put some pressure, but overall we were in total control of that game

until the pen it was 50/50. Then they scored & I feared, but we came back well. he 1st half was fairly even, we probably shaded it & went in 2-1 up. They came at us at the start of the 2nd, we weathered it & that was it.

The better team won

I agree with your first half assessment.

The 2nd half I thought we were battered and then Aurelio scored at the same junction when they were reduced to 10 men. Thereafter we coulda scored lots more despite withdrawing the better players - had it been 11 vs 11 we may have won 3-2 with Gerrard converting his chance as Vidic didnt foul him (ie the game remains 11 vs 11) and Utd may have pulled one back thereafter.

nah, Gerrard isn't fouled, fluffs his chance, it remains 2-1. They get a well dodgy pen, Reina saves, we go on to win 7-1 & ferguson is sacked

Is this the same alternate universe in which Hodgson wins the double but doesnt win the LMA award and its given to Moyes for the 4th time for getting Everton to 9th ?

I'm going :

........................Pepe

Johnson.. Skrtel Agger Konchesky

Merieles Gerrard Lucas Maxi

.............Dirk Nando

There'll be a disturbance in the Force as though a million beer glasses suddenly hit and snuffed out a million TVs in unison across the country.

drop lucas and play poulson and i think you have it right

drop lucas and play poulson and i think you have it right

be interesting because if nothing else we will see what deep down RH thinks is his best team. Not those he wants or thinks will come good, or those who pressure him into playing in this position or that, but with his nuts on the line, the team he thinks has the best chance of getting a result.

If he goes for Konchesky above Aurelio, Poulsen, SG in the middle, etc etc he is the idiot we thought he was, or else a total and utter coward.

If he goes for Merieles in the middle, SG behind Torres, Aurelio ahead of PFK, Agger etc, he's a c*nt who sold the season down the line for the good of his ego.

Edited by Gomez

I think we'll beat them. I just hope it doesnt keep him in the job.

He survived losing at home to Wolves and getting battered by Blackburn. He can survive anything.

He's the Salif Diao of football management. Impossible to get rid of.

Ferguson, the totally classless c*** comparing Liverpool to Hereford or Yeovil. A great mate of Roy, they go well together. I can imagine Rafa or Kenny sticking that quote up on the dressing room wall and asking the players if they thought it was funny!

At the end of the day it's a cup tie and I'm taking it exactly that way," he said. "I'm taking nothing for granted. Liverpool will still be dangerous, absolutely. It's a cup tie and there are shocks in cup ties. There have been great reminders of that over the years, Hereford beating Newcastle, it's happened with Yeovil Town and York City, Bournemouth beating Manchester United. It's a tournament you can't take for granted."