By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

How did you get your forum name?

New York Red

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Leo and at the time of joining I used to wear number 8 for my footy teams. That was the one year I played both Saturday and Sunday football up front permanently and wore number 8 all season. The lads I played with for both sides were class - Stan Wyke on a Sunday who had played for Liverpool youth teams and come through with Michael Owen, and a lad called Liam on Saturday who played for the Dock previously and was a genius.

I was about 25 and happened to work in the Albert Dock next to Cannons gym, so I basically went to the gym for my lunch hour every day and got incredibly fit - I was really quick for my size for a time. I scored about 60 goals that season, won a league and cup double with the APH and scored twice in the cup final at the police club, hat-tricks, a couple of overhead kicks - its incredible what you can do when your confidence rockets and you get on a roll.

It was the one season I'll always look back on with the most fondness even if I have played at a higher level since - the next season I moved up in standard and they wanted me to play at the back, but it has always been as a centre half which just isn't as much fun. In fact I've always worn number 5 in the school team, University football, and most of the amateur / semi pro football I've played except that year and still do now. I'm purely an emergency striker these days.

So I should be Leo No.5, but I'm glad my name here reminds me of my favourite ever season so I've stuck with it ever since.

Edited by Leo No.8

Well when the oakie was open I lived there..................Kahnee thought my name was Colin (it's Chris and god knows where he got Colin from), so Jonesy decided I should be oakie colin but I preferred Oakie Bob

Because your name is Colin. God knows where you get this Chris stuff from.

Mine comes from a stunning lack of imagination