By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

How important is culture?

growler

Just looking at cesc adebayor Rooney tevez and players that kick up a fuss tO move on I've noticed that we do not have a lot of that.

I put that down to our management. From as far back as I can remember (end of dalglish era) players buy into the club and history. I remember players having to watch our old games European wins talk to Kenny understand the kop and of course heysel and hillsborough.

Who is responsible for this culture will it continue and do other clubs do it?

Just looking at cesc adebayor Rooney tevez and players that kick up a fuss tO move on I've noticed that we do not have a lot of that.

I put that down to our management. From as far back as I can remember (end of dalglish era) players buy into the club and history. I remember players having to watch our old games European wins talk to Kenny understand the kop and of course heysel and hillsborough.

Who is responsible for this culture will it continue and do other clubs do it?

The next batch of players must watch our famous night in Turkey against Trasbonspor and have a talk with Roy about how to be s*** for 35 years.

Seriously though, they're professional footballers. It's their job and we all change jobs.

But yes, culture is important. And we ooze culture and tradition. Sadly it was pissed on during the G&H years and now under Roy. I don't know this football club right now.

Edited by Grahimi LeBroy

We lost a lot of what was good about the way we ran oursleves under Hicks and Gilette.

The bootroom died away a bit as well.

Can be restored thou. And the new owners soundbite about Kenny needing to have a bigger role in the club speaks volumes to me.

I do think it's a bit odd that Kenny has any official role at the club.

Not that I don't respect him, but it's extremely unusual to have an ex-manager enjoying a day-to-day role at a club. NESV should just give him the managers job and be done with it.

With regards to football in general, i've got to agree totally with our new assistant manager ;) in his latest rant. Football has changed so much in the last 15 years to something virtually unrecognisable. Probably because of increased player power and ruthless agents.

I always thought our club was a step above the rest in this regard, but as someone has said, that all went out the window with H&G.

NESV do seem to have a real understanding of the ethos of the club and JH does impress me with his quiet confidence. For the first time in three or so years I feel the club may finally get back to its own, unique style.

Personally I find I have an affinity players who touch the anfield sign, applaud the Kop, try that little bit more against the bitters and mancs etc. Rafa and houllier did this really well.

If you look at the names mentioned before how ironic that Owen and mcmanaman, home grown heroes screwed the club more than anyone in recent times.

Lest we forget, we made a massive profit on Alonso and Masch took a personal hit to move.

Goes to show that personality is important in a signing. Arsenal show it's not a factor for them. From Anelka to the ongoing cesc stories, players are always linked with exits and publically unhappy.