By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Thomas Ince

dorgie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think he lacks a yard of pace? And whats his best position. Second striker?

He's not slow slow, he's about Riera paced. He's played most of his football on the left, he's impressed me more playing off the front man though, that seems to be his favoured position too.

Not all youth players have to be special. Carra was nothing special. Neither are o Shea, brown Fletcher wasn't for a long time either.

Youth players who can do a job are perfect to round out the squad. Happy to play less games, work hard, proud to be here. Better than an el zhar taking a spot for example

It seems that Arsenal and Man Utd are far more prepared than us to stick young players in at the deep end and let them sink or swim. This hasn't just been the case since RH took over eiither, was the same during Rafa' s time.

Is this because :

a) the young players they are sticking in are more talented than what we have trying to make the breakthrough ?

b) because their managers are in a more secure place than ours and thus there is less risk ?

c) because our young players are coming in to a less talented team and more likely to struggle because of that (Man Utd and Arsenal have consistently done it without sacrificing a top four finish)

d) a combination of all these reasons + other reasons.

e) I'm missing something, and it's not at all the case that Arsenal & Man Utd are bringning more young players through than us

It seems that Arsenal and Man Utd are far more prepared than us to stick young players in at the deep end and let them sink or swim. This hasn't just been the case since RH took over eiither, was the same during Rafa' s time.

Is this because :

a) the young players they are sticking in are more talented than what we have trying to make the breakthrough ?

b) because their managers are in a more secure place than ours and thus there is less risk ?

c) because our young players are coming in to a less talented team and more likely to struggle because of that (Man Utd and Arsenal have consistently done it without sacrificing a top four finish)

d) a combination of all these reasons + other reasons.

e) I'm missing something, and it's not at all the case that Arsenal & Man Utd are bringning more young players through than us

I think it's because youth development is genuinely at the heart of what they do, not something that looks good on a brochure or is fussed about everytime there are a glut of failed signings or some blame to be passed about. I'm not sure job security really comes into it, you either trust kids or you dont. Every manager would claim they believe in youth, but many would also fill their staff with late 20s journeymen or nearly men and push back at the academy for not doing better. It's a bit of a circle, because the kids need to see the path ahead of them make the improvements to step up or even join in the first place.

Not all youth players have to be special. Carra was nothing special. Neither are o Shea, brown Fletcher wasn't for a long time either.

Youth players who can do a job are perfect to round out the squad. Happy to play less games, work hard, proud to be here. Better than an el zhar taking a spot for example

That was all very odd

You know him well then?

Anyone who's seen him play regularly knows what I'm talking about, he has a bit of an attitude, screams at teammates who don't give him the ball, sulks when he doesn't get it and is selfish on the ball himself. I don't know Cristiano Ronaldo either but I can tell he has a high opinion of his abilities.

This is why I asked. Judgement gets passed on these young lads temperament and ability based on internet highlights and a bit of lfc tv.

I've seen him play about 40 times, only highlights but enough to tell. Watch a few games of his, you'll see what I mean. It's nothing major, just a bit of an attitude.

• 3 weeks later...
<br />Has he got a brother that was a 'keeper, or am i imagining it?<br />

Clayton Ince used to be Crewe's keeper, think he might be a distant cousin of Paul's. Chelsea have Paul's nephew Rohan Ince in their youths too.

Edited by Maldini

From The Times

Paul Ince upset at son’s ‘derisory’ contract offer from Liverpool

Paul Ince is frustrated with Liverpool for recalling Thomas Ince, his son, back from a loan spell with Notts County because he won’t sign a “derisory” new contract at Anfield.

The Notts County manager finds himself between a rock and a hard place, personally and professionally, torn between what is best for his team but undermined by what he feels is best for his son. Added to the complication is the fact Ince does not want to sour relations with his former club.

Thomas Ince, 18, is highly regarded at Liverpool where he has come through the academy and he has impressed during his three-month stay at Meadow Lane, scoring twice recently. But he is out of contract at Anfield this summer and while the County manager wants the left winger back at Meadow Lane, he does not want his son to sign a deal that undervalues him.

“He has been absolutely outstanding, different class,” Paul Ince said. “We wanted to keep him here for the rest of the season. But his Liverpool contract finishes at the end of the season and they have said [only] if he signs another contract then he can come back here. They are protecting their asset [but] we have had an offer which I find derisory.

“That is it, so he is not going to sign it and will wait until the end of the season. That is disappointing. Forget about father and son, as manager to a player, the kid is going to be a top player. He was learning and getting an education here and doing ever so well. I wanted to continue that. He is devastated.”