By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Khan Fight

Tommok

Always seemed that Khan was likely to win some sort of World title given the alphabet soup nature of it these days but after the Limond, Gomez and Prescott fights I seriously doubted he had it in him to be a really top class champion. Fair to play to him- he looks like proving that wrong, and then some.

Because he's f***ing brilliant. I'm not sure why thats funny!

No just seemed a random choice of boxer. He's a great boxer but just not one I would have immediately associated with being a nice person. I expected you to say Wlad Klitschko or De La Hoya, not a Filipino boxer unknown outside of boxing circles.

Strangely enough I was working for Rafael Concepcion's team when he got the Donaire fight.

Just caught up on this stunning stunning fight. Khan looks the real deal, despite having to watch the 10th round through my fingers.

No questions around his chin. There's actually a fair bit you can do in terms of neck strengthening and power in the legs to help a weaker chin. It's not so much his chin that's a worry it's his concentration sometimes, but I think that's improved a lot.

De La Hoya was on after saying it was the fight of the decade. Not sure about that, but it's definitely in the top 10.

Just watched the extended highlights on youtube, what a great fight, thought Khan may have been a touch lucky to win on points tbh considering he was out on his feet from round 10 onwards and had been dominated (from the highlights I saw) from about the sixth rounds onwards.

Just watched the extended highlights on youtube, what a great fight, thought Khan may have been a touch lucky to win on points tbh considering he was out on his feet from round 10 onwards and had been dominated (from the highlights I saw) from about the sixth rounds onwards.

Khan had a 10-8 round, knockdown in the first, and Madaina also had a point deducted which could've resulted in another 10-8 round, and he controlled the first six rounds. Thats basically a 10 point advantage before the second half of the fight

Edited by DazzlaJ

Yeah I'd say dominated from round 6 is a bit unfair. Through most of the rounds Khan was throwing good combinations and scoring points (even late in the 12th) and it was only the 10th Maidana was totally on top.

After he recovered from the early body knockdown it would be fair to say that Maidana was the only fighter who looked like he could knock the other out, but I thought Khan still won rounds after the 6th.

Edited by Leo No.8

11 and 12 he did ok too, came back at maidana. He won't want too many more fights like that though.

Yep, caught him with a beauty in the 11th, more than held his own in the the 12th as well.

Was much tougher than I thought, Ariza has got him in very good condition. Once he tires the speed goes a bit though which is his main weapon. He'll have to become a better all round boxer to mitigate that as he gets older.

How do you toughen your jaw up?

You spar with foke who punch big giving you such blows on the chin and therefore toughening you up and therefore increasing the chin's stamina in absorbing such blows to it.

Amir Khan toughened his up by being made to spar with manny paq