By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

HDMI Cables

muleskinner

Aye, but again most graphic cards only come with one output. Haven't bought a computer yet. Just got a new flat and buying furniture is currently higher up in the priority list than a computer, but I am on the lookout for a good configuration.

Which leads me to my next question. What graphic card should I get?

My requirements are being able to play the latest FIFA/PES version and be able you watch full HD filims, How much should I be prepared to dish out for such a card and what CPU should I get?

Aye, but again most graphic cards only come with one output. Haven't bought a computer yet. Just got a new flat and buying furniture is currently higher up in the priority list than a computer, but I am on the lookout for a good configuration.

Which leads me to my next question. What graphic card should I get?

My requirements are being able to play the latest FIFA/PES version and be able you watch full HD filims, How much should I be prepared to dish out for such a card and what CPU should I get?

Almost all modern graphic cards allow dual output. ATI EyeFinity cards allow output to up to six monitors at once. Just because these cards only have one HDMI port doesn't mean you can't use the DVI connectors to connect to other monitors.

As for which card to get, just assume that if you get a reasonably powerful card it'll do dual output. I'd suggest something in the middling range like a nVidia 460 or ATI 6850.

Edit: Just as an example - I've been using two monitors with my ancient PC, which has something like a 6-year old nVidia 6800 inside it. One monitor is connected via DVI, the other by VGA. Worked absolutely fine.

Edited by Gerry

Almost all modern graphic cards allow dual output. ATI EyeFinity cards allow output to up to six monitors at once. Just because these cards only have one HDMI port doesn't mean you can't use the DVI connectors to connect to other monitors.

As for which card to get, just assume that if you get a reasonably powerful card it'll do dual output. I'd suggest something in the middling range like a nVidia 460 or ATI 6850.

Edit: Just as an example - I've been using two monitors with my ancient PC, which has something like a 6-year old nVidia 6800 inside it. One monitor is connected via DVI, the other by VGA. Worked absolutely fine.

Cheers, ideally I would like a graphics gard with two HDMI outputs, both my screens are going to be TVs so a DVI connection only does half the job.

Will both the cards you mention plus a decent processor be able to smoothly run 1080p videos?

Cheers, ideally I would like a graphics gard with two HDMI outputs, both my screens are going to be TVs so a DVI connection only does half the job.

Will both the cards you mention plus a decent processor be able to smoothly run 1080p videos?

Second question first: yes, no problem. That level of card should have no problem running 1080p.

I assume by half the job you mean the lack of sound of DVI? I think it's possible to actually get sound over DVI - some graphics cards IIRC are wired so that the DVI port can do this and then a DVI>HDMI lead should do the biz. Not 100% sure about that though so you may need to google. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the Display Port can be used to connect to HDMI as well.