By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Students

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones on the video clip before looked like a shower of Hooray Henrys. Oh! Mummy! It's just SO unfair. I won't be able to buy my third Porsche for another 2 weeks now I have to pay all these beastly costs. And Timmy my imported pony just CAN'T survive on that poppcock they serve up at the local stables. He needs his special imported Japanese BarleyWeed High tensile PonyNibbles.

The ones on the video clip before looked like a shower of Hooray Henrys. Oh! Mummy! It's just SO unfair. I won't be able to buy my third Porsche for another 2 weeks now I have to pay all these beastly costs. And Timmy my imported pony just CAN'T survive on that poppcock they serve up at the local stables. He needs his special imported Japanese BarleyWeed High tensile PonyNibbles.

Yep that's us, Andy.

Talking about this earlier while watching the thing in town and an old timer suggested they all organise to defer applications for a year, "they all love them gap years they should all have one"

That's the theory. Apart from a load of squares and scabs who never join nothing or have the gumption to protest, why wouldn't that work?

Talking about this earlier while watching the thing in town and an old timer suggested they all organise to defer applications for a year, "they all love them gap years they should all have one"

That's the theory. Apart from a load of squares and scabs who never join nothing or have the gumption to protest, why wouldn't that work?

Because not everyone wants to take a gap year? Some want to get their degrees and then get on with their lives. Depending on what type of gap year (if you intend to travel etc) those also cost money. Otherwise you could just be dumping lots of people into the job market who only want to work full time for a single year, which is going to flood the market in particular employment spheres.

Be an interesting threat though if six formers were canvassed and bought into the idea of boycotting next years application, but of course there's always some tw*t who makes a great big f*ckin noise about their right to do nowt so its a pie in the sky idea really.

I imagine the dwp would have something to say if everyone said they would be signing on instead of taking up their place.

If this was in isolation, there might be some movement, but that's doubtful. However with such an agenda to get through the Coalition wont want to give a second of encouragement to any group that they can be swayed. The Lib Dems are the weak point, and the thinking will be that if they can sit tight through this, there's only the AV defeat to come as a stress test.

About time students started getting involved in political protests again.

I'm all for it as long they get the tone right between making a strong stand/ruffling a few feathers and smashing s*** up - the latter just plays into the hands of their opponents and the finger waggers in the press....and on here!

They can't win though. Its become the nature of protest that the mainstream response is hysterical. Something to do with peoples lack of bottle to protest themselves leads to ridiculously disproportionate accusations of thuggery. Town was fine before, perfectly well behaved, then overheard second and third hand stories after that 'they were probably looking to smash up liverpool one, the police had to hold them back'

Civil disobediance is not being told what to do by bored bizzies on overtime.

They can't win though. Its become the nature of protest that the mainstream response is hysterical. Something to do with peoples lack of bottle to protest themselves leads to ridiculously disproportionate accusations of thuggery. Town was fine before, perfectly well behaved, then overheard second and third hand stories after that 'they were probably looking to smash up liverpool one, the police had to hold them back'

Civil disobediance is not being told what to do by bored bizzies on overtime.

Yeah I agree with that, 'protests' do get blown out of all proportion these days. Although having said that, I suppose lad that chucked the fire extinguisher was lucky not to kill someone.

It wasn't exactly the Prague Spring though.

Aye, chucking things like that about deserves a good telling off but it has just occurred to me also that there must be people who have never ever publically protested against anything at all - not once, or maybe not for decades - and they need a jolly good shake also.