By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

England v Aus - Rugby

charlie clown

Cracking game - as said, hardly recognisable from the slow-ball drivel they served up even as recently as Feb in the 6 nations.

Aussies looked shell-shocked and but for the 3rd quarter when the game lost it's shape and England got a bit sloppy, England dominated and looked, well, like an Aussie side

People like Young, Lawes and Cole just look like they were born to play this level.

They've all played fewer than 50 club games and yet are excelling in the Tests.

Foden and Ashton have got a bit more experience but are both still young enough to have at least a couple of World Cups in them potentially.

It is all very promising - there are a few good sides knocking around at the moment and I realy wouldn't be at all surprised if the supposedly nailed-on All Blacks get a nasty shock once again in the World Cup.

Amazing game considering the scrum was eradicated as a contest.

Might as well have been League in that respect but amazing to see an England team go on the front foot and play expansively against that type of back line. Just goes to show how a world class scrum half (possibly the first English one ever) can make all the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

bigger, stronger and just a bit cleverer. got very scrappy towards the end from england, but don't think it's a disaster. good lesson and thought they defended pretty well first half, albeit conceding too many pens. still much better to watch then in recent years.

Edited by yellow jumper

Love to be on a pedestal? They are one of, if not the hardest working sides in rugby.

Their pedestal I'm talking about is not made out of hard work. It's their carefully manufactured brand - the haka, the fact they get called the All Blacks and not New Zealand by fans and media and oppo alike, that every home union stops just short of admitting that it's an honour and a privilege to ship 40 points against them year after year. They love that s***, being the Brazil of rugby and lapping up all the fanfare that goes with it.

Their pedestal I'm talking about is not made out of hard work. It's their carefully manufactured brand - the haka, the fact they get called the All Blacks and not New Zealand by fans and media and oppo alike, that every home union stops just short of admitting that it's an honour and a privilege to ship 40 points against them year after year. They love that s***, being the Brazil of rugby and lapping up all the fanfare that goes with it.

They trade on their history, big deal. Happens in all sports.

None of that means anything if they don't back it up with brilliant rugby

But they do

Right up until the World Cup!

I think it will happen again next time round. Aussies are my favourites to win it.

None of that means anything if they don't back it up with brilliant rugby

But they do

Right up until the World Cup!

For sure. I bet like me you can remember at least 4 or 5 autumn tours before a world cup where every bum on the radio or a newspaper were competing with each other to apply the highest superlatives a year before they turned around and got f***ed out of the only tournament they care about winning.

They trade on their history, big deal. Happens in all sports.

I think it will happen again next time round. Aussies are my favourites to win it.

Nah mate, they may trade on it but the opposition (at least the home unions) are the main architects of them staying there. Scotland and Ireland's record against them is one of the biggest embarrassments in sport and it's largely self inflicted.

As you say yourself, it could well happen again in a year. If I was a betting man I would be looking to see how much they were being layed for on the exchanges and take a nice few bob off the believers in the WC.

Edited by aka Dus

I'm sure they care about winning the TriNations and humping the Lions.

Food poisoning (supposedly) did for them in 95 when they should have won

An unbelievable 40 mins of Gallic flair did for them in 99

England were the best team in 2003 anyway

But they truly bottled it in 2007

Still expect them to win it next year

For sure. I bet like me you can remember at least 4 or 5 autumn tours before a world cup where every bum on the radio or a newspaper were competing with each other to apply the highest superlatives a year before they turned around and got f***ed out of the only tournament they care about winning.

Nah mate, they may trade on it but the opposition (at least the home unions) are the main architects of them staying there. Scotland and Ireland's record against them is one of the biggest embarrassments in sport and it's largely self inflicted.

As you say yourself, it could well happen again in a year. If I was a betting man I would be looking to see how much they were being layed for on the exchanges and take a nice few bob off the believers in the WC.

They are just miles better than Scotland and Ireland, nothing more too it than that. The lack of world cup wins shouldn't deflect from the fact that they produce great sides and play brilliant rugby a lot of the time.

not completely convinced by new zealand or australia pack-wise. thought south africa were head and shoulders the best team england have played this autumn in that respect, and missing a few of their better players. think the ability to keep it tight, control with boot, set piece and agressive defence will count at some point over the course of a tournament. even if the emphasis in the game's appeared to change a little over the last year.