By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Abject 11

Tosh

That'd be very harsh on Le Tallec. Never lived up to it - but I don't recall him being truly abysmal. Besides, he assisted Lil' Luis' goal vs Juve.

Agreed, Le Tallec was actually a very good young player, ruined by the wrong move at the wrong time.

We were right to be optimistic about him:

He's now still only 25 years old and playing well at Auxerre, and could still end up a regular international.

He is an average striker in an average league. It says more about how the French side has slipped rather than le taller being an international class striker. He was worth a go but it didn't work, not helped by his attitude. Pongolle is a better player and he has found his mid table level also.

He is an average striker in an average league. It says more about how the French side has slipped rather than le taller being an international class striker. He was worth a go but it didn't work, not helped by his attitude. Pongolle is a better player and he has found his mid table level also.

But hardly any players signed in that period worked out & he came too early.

His attitude was arguably his undoing, but I think had he remained in France and not come in during Houlliers dour final season, I think he'd have progressed.

But hardly any players signed in that period worked out & he came too early.

His attitude was arguably his undoing, but I think had he remained in France and not come in during Houlliers dour final season, I think he'd have progressed.

they weren't helped by the hype hoisted on them but I just don't think he is that good. Loads of players who shine at that age don't progress for a myriad of reasons, the overriding one is that they aren't up to it when they get older.

Re your first point I think it was that we bought average players, nothing more than that.

Edited by muleskinner