By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Million Pound Drop

Earl Hafler

They deserved to lose.

Never heard of Dan Brown and John Grisham?

Where do they get these people?

Not exactly my cup of tea but even I've heard of them - but then, so many people these days don't read at all. Where do they get them from? The world and the UK is absolutely teeming with them - they are the vast majority, Sion.

Watched it for the first time last night. Liked the couple who f*cked up the sunset question

I was willing them to lose on the grounds that he kept doing the 'pump the crowd up' gesture, and he reminded me of Rio Ferdinand.

Can't believe they got the sunset one wrong, he even pointed out that Dubai is three hours ahead. THINK ABOUT IT YOU DIVVIE!! THREE HOURS AHEAD!!!!

I was willing them to lose on the grounds that he kept doing the 'pump the crowd up' gesture, and he reminded me of Rio Ferdinand.

Can't believe they got the sunset one wrong, he even pointed out that Dubai is three hours ahead. THINK ABOUT IT YOU DIVVIE!! THREE HOURS AHEAD!!!!

In his defence he'd got it into his head that Iceland only get about 3 hours sunlight in Winter, and it feels like we are in Winter

Although quite why he split the money with Rome i don't know. But then he asked himself that as soon as the time ran out

It's not that simple, but he should have got it right.

Its pretty simple. Once you work out which way the earth turns (sun sets in the west) the only query is whether Iceland has a problem with hours of sunlight because its Winter, and its further North. Italy you rule out straight away. Dubai is WAAAAAAY further east than Iceland so its Dubai.

It took me about 5 seconds.

Its pretty simple. Once you work out which way the earth turns (sun sets in the west) the only query is whether Iceland has a problem with hours of sunlight because its Winter, and its further North. Italy you rule out straight away. Dubai is WAAAAAAY further east than Iceland so its Dubai.

It took me about 5 seconds.

I meant it's not just as simple as calculating which is further east

Erm, yes it is. And you don't need to calculate anything. Dubai is clearly further east than the others. By a long way.

Is it not to do with how north/south the place is as well?

I.E. Some places are so far north in the summer they have continuous daylight for months at a time.

I thought the question was confusing as it didn't say whether it meant which one occured first in the day GMT time, or which place had the earliest sunset time in the place's own time