TV shows (but not GoT)

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sat down with the missus to watch the Queens Gambit last night. Missed the first minute and was struggling to work out what was going. The stupid wench put on the last episode instead of the first o

Have you forgotten how good Magnum PI was ?    

Still struggle to believe that this made it on to actual television.   

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I've read Donald Glover's Atlanta is good. It's on iPlayer now. Anyone seen it?

Season one was pretty good, not watch S2

Is that also on iPlayer?

Started the OJ Simpson Storyville series. Fascinating stuff, seen the first couple of episodes.

I had no idea he was such a big deal as an actual football player, the clips of him in action are incredible and I know nothing about American Football.

It's interesting that he always thought of himself as beyond race, but in his defining moment the defence that he relied on was to call out racial prejudice.

Edited by cymrococh
40 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Just finished my Sopranos rewatch.

View spoiler

Christopher's last scene is f*cking heartbreaking.

Agreed... As for the final scene... It often comes into mind and I try and get my head around it... Think it was perfectly done. 

I have just ordered the blu ray box set of the whole series for my mum for her birthday as she has been going on about wanting to see it but she had been hunting around on Netflix and Iplayer hoping it would show up. 

If she hates it it can go on my shelf next to my The Wire box set 😂

16 hours ago, cymrococh said:

Started the OJ Simpson Storyville series. Fascinating stuff, seen the first couple of episodes.

I had no idea he was such a big deal as an actual football player, the clips of him in action are incredible and I know nothing about American Football.

It's interesting that he always thought of himself as beyond race, but in his defining moment the defence that he relied on was to call out racial prejudice.

When I worked at Cantors our European Head had picture of him with OJ at a NFL game framed on the wall. Mainly because in the picture he was wearing 'those shoes' and 'those gloves' 

31 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Agreed... As for the final scene... It often comes into mind and I try and get my head around it... Think it was perfectly done. 

Yeah very clever to build the tension like that and just

Edited by cymrococh
1 hour ago, Barnesy_10 said:

I have just ordered the blu ray box set of the whole series for my mum for her birthday as she has been going on about wanting to see it but she had been hunting around on Netflix and Iplayer hoping it would show up. 

It's on Sky Box Sets isn't it?

But I'm guessing she doesn't have that.

16 minutes ago, Tommok said:

It's on Sky Box Sets isn't it?

But I'm guessing she doesn't have that.

Yeah, she's on Virgin Media so no access to Atlantic. 

I could have got her Now TV subscription and she would probably get through it in a month if her watching Breaking Bad is anything to go by 😂

1 hour ago, Barnesy_10 said:

The final scene is brilliant, but having re-watched over lockdown, I think the final ep as whole is a mess. Just sort of bounces around a load of grim conversations and some weirdly mundane scenes. Not sure what else I wanted from it, tbh but I don't think it's a great watch.