crisps

TV shows (but not GoT)

56 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Yeah it's amazing 

Brilliant way to end that series 

Yeah I thought series 13 wasn’t as strong as previous years but that scene blew my mind.

54 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Magnificent episode that is nothing like anything that gone in the past 13 seasons 

Great show, the consistency of the show throughout the 14 seasons is great

What I love about it is that it’s a pay off for the character that’s been building for years, something the viewers have been waiting for, and still they do it in such a way that totally throws the audience. 

As you said, to have that strength of show for that long is amazing. And to be able to still surprise your audience after that length of time is incredible. 

Going to start Season 14 this weekend and I have no idea what direction it’s going to go which, as anyone who’s watched the show will know, is a strange feeling.

On 20/05/2020 at 21:59, Swipe said:

Just finished the Last Dance. Just incredible. Would happily devour a few more episodes.

Agree with whoever said he was the greatest athlete of all time. Can’t recall anyone who transcended their sport like that, apart from Ali. Messi is obviously a genius but he’s got no personality at all. 

Always loved Pippen growing up. Steven kerr seems like the nicest guy in the world too. 

Pippen seems like a top guy. Always there. Quiet. But always delivers year in year out. 
Kerr seems like a top fella too. 

On 21/05/2020 at 13:52, Earl Hafler said:

Height is a massive factor, Bailo. There are some brilliant ball players under 6ft tall but they're out of their depth in the NBA

Spud Webb was 5’ 4”. 
Mugsy Bogues was 5’ 3”.

Lack of height can be overcome.

3 hours ago, New York Red said:

Spud Webb was 5’ 4”. 
Mugsy Bogues was 5’ 3”.

Lack of height can be overcome.

To become successful prohibition era gangsters?

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Hassony said:

Magnificent episode that is nothing like anything that gone in the past 13 seasons 

Great show, the consistency of the show throughout the 14 seasons is great

Is it that good? 

I found Parks and Rec like quicksand and probably the most derivative show I've ever seen. Haven't finished season 1 yet. 

4 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Is it that good? 

I found Parks and Rec like quicksand and probably the most derivative show I've ever seen. Haven't finished season 1 yet. 

Parks and recreation is ok, a couple of good characters but the rest are meh

Think I stopped in season 3 

Although this outake from the show is one of the funniest I've seen 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kop205 said:

To become successful prohibition era gangsters?

Haha. They look more like Boardwalk Empire characters than Basketballers. 

Anyone watched Fauda on Netflix? Finished it Friday. Really, really good, although it's a bit difficult to work around quite a large part of it which seems to be "Israel good Palestine bad." 

21 hours ago, smithdown said:

Watched the first series of Race across the world - really enjoyed it, was put off before because these things are always chocker with celebrities.  Nice to see normal people having a go rather than some knockabout Freddie Flintoff s***e

Yeah I finished this last weekend really enjoyed it as family viewing and got quite emotional at the end. Looking forward to starting the current series.

13 hours ago, Romario said:

Pippen seems like a top guy. Always there. Quiet. But always delivers year in year out. 
Kerr seems like a top fella too. 

Absolutely. Always loved Pippen, although he was clearly in the wrong a few times. Even as a manager Kerr still seems really sound.

Doesn't hurt that he loves Klopp.

1 hour ago, Earl Hafler said:

Is it that good? 

Always Sunny is the best comedy of it's generation for me. Although I could see people just not getting into it.

Parks falls off a cliff massively after a while. 

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

Parks and recreation is ok, a couple of good characters but the rest are meh

Think I stopped in season 3 

Although this outake from the show is one of the funniest I've seen 

There's one with Pratt and Audrey Plaza where he's talking about wiping his a*** and it just not going away. Says something like 'it's like someone just drew with a felt tip pen down there'. It's incredible.

Edited by Swipe

1 hour ago, D.Boon said:

Yeah I finished this last weekend really enjoyed it as family viewing and got quite emotional at the end. Looking forward to starting the current series.

Aye, and when the girls slipped the hipsters a few quid to get in the lift it got the biggest laugh of the lockdown in ours

Watched the Beastie Boys documentary.

Its not very revealing at all more a tribute to Adam Yauch.

Though I did see Sigur Rōs in the Kings Theatre.

Season 3 has turned into a video game, although I haven't seen the last 3 episodes. Yer man from Breaking Bad is doing a fare impression of Kiefer Sutherland with the husky dialogue and loves those baby constipation faces when more emotion is required 

Started re-watching Our Friends In The North.

It really is excellent but so depressing in that nothing has really changed.

Some cast as well.

5 minutes ago, Cunny said:

Some cast as well.

Where is it available to watch ?

17 minutes ago, Cunny said:

Some cast as well.

It's brilliant - I watched it a few times but not for a long while be interested to know how well it's dated - altho yeah the issues will still be very relevant.

All the main characters have gone on to have pretty good careers :)

Loved the final scene with Daniel Craig's character walking off and Don't Look Back in Anger playing - perfect ending