crisps

TV shows (but not GoT)

Some decent shows on at the moment.

Better Call Saul - best thing on tv at the moment. Seems like it’s all moving nicely towards that last season

devs - looks promising. Hadn’t realised it was an Alex Gartland production

ozark - as dark as before. Halfway through and a bit slower than last season which was probably needed

clone wars - last season of this. Started pretty well. 

20 hours ago, stressederic said:

Final episode of Picard:

View spoiler

So I enjoyed it and the whole series a lot. Parts of it felt like a love letter to TNG which I approve of.

Were some things, as ever, I wished would've been slightly different. I spent most of the season hoping that Q would appear at the end to save/cure Picard's brain tumour.

A bit disappointed that the synthetics emerging through the portal were just tentacle things. Can't help but think that it should really have been the Borg in a neat rounding of the circle.

There also seemed to be a fairly heft 'scene missing' towards the end where apparently Seven of Nine and Raffi are a couple now and nobody cares that Agnes killed a guy.

But still, I'm looking forward to Season 2!

Spoiler

Was pretty good fun in the end wasn't it? Loads of TNG fan service and I liked the new characters in the main, pretty good crew to go into season 2 with. Agree about the payoff at the end, Raffi and Seven are now a couple are they? Could have built up to that a bit more.

And this will sound weird because I'm not at all a prude and swear my a*** off, but the swearing in Picard jarred with me a bit. Like I would advise my old Mum who is 70 to watch it as she loved TNG, but she's very anti-bad language. Didn't feel like dropping F-bombs added anything to it and was just the showrunner being a bit of a dick. 

That said, enjoyed it overall. Loved Riker showing up as a captain in the final episode and the Data stuff at the end was done well. 

It seems that I'm in a minority of one, but anyone else thinks that better call saul is just way too slow? It's a good show, but I do struggle to binge on it, still stuck on S3 

22 minutes ago, Hassony said:

It seems that I'm in a minority of one, but anyone else thinks that better call saul is just way too slow? It's a good show, but I do struggle to binge on it, still stuck on S3 

I like the slowness.

Love all the character development about how Jimmy turns into Saul.

Kim is a great character.

Yeah I like how slow and measured it is.

Comfort watching it good at times of stress. Watching the Office for the umpteenth time. Carell is a genius.

8 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Yeah I like how slow and measured it is.

Comfort watching it good at times of stress. Watching the Office for the umpteenth time. Carell is a genius.

I can't get enough of The Office US, well up until Carell leaves.. Some of the writing in it is perfection. That Dinner Party episode is absolutely brilliant 

7 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

I can't get enough of The Office US, well up until Carell leaves.. Some of the writing in it is perfection. That Dinner Party episode is absolutely brilliant 

That’s one of the greatest episodes of any comedy ever. This is a good read about it.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/that-one-night-the-oral-history-of-the-greatest-office-episode-ever-629472/amp/

Michael and Dwight are incredible characters.

8 hours ago, Hassony said:

I don’t think it’s a show to binge though. It’s one to digest and think about 

27 minutes ago, Raj said:

I don’t think it’s a show to binge though. It’s one to digest and think about 

Yeah, agree with that

Haha so good. 

The blooper reel of that episode is ace too. Especially Carrell when he’s showing off his tiny tv.

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Haha so good. 

The blooper reel of that episode is ace too. Especially Carrell when he’s showing off his tiny tv.

Haha I pick up on new bits each time. 

Love when Jan says she is the Devil whilst wearing a red dress and sits in front of the open fire and does the horn gesture. 

She's gorgeous and perfectly cast for that role. 

There's so much high quality TV out there.

So I'm bingeing Chuck on Amazon Prime

20 hours ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Haha I pick up on new bits each time. 

Love when Jan says she is the Devil whilst wearing a red dress and sits in front of the open fire and does the horn gesture. 

She's gorgeous and perfectly cast for that role. 

Watching the episode when jim and Pam go to Dwight’s B&B.

”And as of this morning, we are completely wireless here at Schrute Farms, but as soon as I find out where Mose hid all the wires, we’ll get all that power back on.”

1 hour ago, Redray said:

Anyone else watching Tiger King? 

What the actual f***.  

Watched that Friday/Saturday 

Absolutely crazy. I just couldn't get my head around so much of it over such a short space of time. Was overwhelming, but couldn't stop watching it 

Yeah The Tiger King was mental - hard to believe.

Everyone on it was horrible and up to no good.

Compelling viewing tho.

3 minutes ago, Cunny said:

is there animal cruelty in The Tiger King?

Well it's about people keeping wild animals in captivity so yeah there's some.

The animals generally look surprisingly healthy and I think the main characters probably do quite like animals to an extent as well as the fact they can make money out of them.

There's some unpleasant stories but nothing graphic is shown really but it's obviously not a kind thing to be doing locking these animals up like this.

23 minutes ago, Cunny said:

is there animal cruelty in The Tiger King?

I was just thinking of asking that. I had to watch that Don’t f*** With the Cats thing through my hands at times. Can’t deal with it.